A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Leinster Squad 20-21

Post by johng »

So to sum up...

Fardy and Osbourne announced leaving

Bent not announced. Likely leaving with Alaalatoa joining.

Frawley, Deegan, Conor O'Brien & H O'Sullivan unknown yet.

A O'Sullivan, Patterson & Silvester Graduating year 3. Unknown whether released or repeat a year.

And Furlong down to IRFU
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Osborne hasn't been officially confirmed.

Cian Kelleher unknown too.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

I'd be most disappointed over Frawley, followed very closely by Deegan
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

So I have it on good authority that Toner had an excellent offer of a two year deal in Japan, and was very close to being gone, but took a one year deal at home.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

johng wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:25 pm So to sum up...

Fardy and Osbourne announced leaving

Bent not announced. Likely leaving with Alaalatoa joining.

Frawley, Deegan, Conor O'Brien & H O'Sullivan unknown yet.

A O'Sullivan, Patterson & Silvester Graduating year 3. Unknown whether released or repeat a year.

And Furlong down to IRFU
Heard HOS didn’t get offered a contract
Serb
Mullet

Leinster Squad 20-21

Post by Serb »

If true, Toner’s probably young enough to get a similar two year offer at the end of next season if he wants to take it.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Toner definitely was talking fairly enthusiastically about the idea of playing abroad in some of his interviews recently.

Glad he's staying on but hope he gets an opportunity to play elsewhere if that's what he wants.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

leinster23 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:03 pm Toner definitely was talking fairly enthusiastically about the idea of playing abroad in some of his interviews recently.

Glad he's staying on but hope he gets an opportunity to play elsewhere if that's what he wants.
I'd say he's happy here while we pick him.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:38 pm Osborne hasn't been officially confirmed.

Cian Kelleher unknown too.
I allocated the contract to both Kelleher brothers by mistake.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

erskinechilders wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:46 pm I'd be most disappointed over Frawley, followed very closely by Deegan
Murray Kinsella was reporting that Munster made a play for Deegan recently but were rebuffed and told Deegan was happy at Leinster.

Frawley is a little more concerning but he may not be out of contract. If he does leave it is very unlikely he would go to Munster. Ulster looks a bit crowded at 10 too. More than likely Connacht as they are looking for a 10/12. They did try to sign Hawkshaw.

All speculation of course.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

ronk wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:48 pm
leinster23 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:03 pm Toner definitely was talking fairly enthusiastically about the idea of playing abroad in some of his interviews recently.

I'd say he's happy here while we pick him.
Well obviously we're his first choice and we're happy with him and he's happy with us, and hopefully he'll continue to win and challenge for trophies while here.

However, if say next summer it's decided that it's time to move on I hope the offers available to him are of the same calibre as the ones he had this year.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

elephantman wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:50 pm
erskinechilders wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:46 pm I'd be most disappointed over Frawley, followed very closely by Deegan
Murray Kinsella was reporting that Munster made a play for Deegan recently but were rebuffed and told Deegan was happy at Leinster.

Frawley is a little more concerning but he may not be out of contract. If he does leave it is very unlikely he would go to Munster. Ulster looks a bit crowded at 10 too. More than likely Connacht as they are looking for a 10/12. They did try to sign Hawkshaw.

Yep, was thinking Connacht would be the only likely destination if it was to happen.
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

leinster23 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 12:04 am

Yep, was thinking Connacht would be the only likely destination if it was to happen.
That would be a massive coup for Connacht, but why would it happen?

From Frawley's perspective, he'll get plenty of minutes with Leinster next year. If he hadn't been carrying a knock, would he not have started ahead of Rory O'Loughlin against Munster? And the club would be mad to let him go; him and Harry look to me like the dagger and the scalpel of the next generation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

berliner wrote: April 17th, 2021, 12:22 am

From Frawley's perspective, he'll get plenty of minutes with Leinster next year. If he hadn't been carrying a knock, would he not have started ahead of Rory O'Loughlin against Munster? And the club would be mad to let him go; him and Harry look to me like the dagger and the scalpel of the next generation.
It wouldn't make sense. Frawley is the top ball playing 12 in Ireland and a lot younger than most of the depth chart.

All the provinces have depth, but at Leinster Henshaw will be available the least and will be 13 some of the time too.
kendo90
Beginner

Post by kendo90 »

I saw mention of Bill Johnson linked with Connacht after his loan spell in the championship. They’re obviously in the market for a 10/12 after approaching hawkshaw but frawley would be mad fo go. She would be in a position behind first choice 10 and 12 in Carty and Bundee to start off with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

It’s annoying they don’t release the duration of signed contracts. Is there some operational or competitive reason for that?

If Frawley & Deegan have three year deals, we’ll all be sitting here bricking it for weeks and Leinster will just say nothing.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

berliner wrote: April 17th, 2021, 12:22 am

Don't think it's likely at all. Can't see any reason for him to leave, and even less reason for us not to want him around. He made his debut relatively young too, he's only 23.

More just saying that he was to go somewhere it would be out West, and discussion is inevitable for those who haven't been announced as signing yet, although as others have said it's entirely possible his contract isn't up this year.
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

We mustn’t forget that Frawley is Australian qualified and could potentially move to Australia..
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Lock9541 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:58 pm We mustn’t forget that Frawley is Australian qualified and could potentially move to Australia..
That is definitely something that needs to be remembered, I’ll just write it down now in my “must remember this” book.

Thanks for that...
Lock9541
Graduate

Post by Lock9541 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: April 17th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Lock9541 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:58 pm We mustn’t forget that Frawley is Australian qualified and could potentially move to Australia..
That is definitely something that needs to be remembered, I’ll just write it down now in my “must remember this” book.

Thanks for that...
No bother mate, it just seems like people are forgetting that it’s a possibility and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does move to Australia.