Leinster Squad 20-21

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Squad 20-21

Post by wixfjord »

Purist98 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:15 pm He's first choice tighthead for the Crusaders and Samoa so not sure it would make sense for him to be third choice here
I don't think he's first choice for Crusaders. He's behind Jager right?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Purist98 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:15 pm He's first choice tighthead for the Crusaders and Samoa so not sure it would make sense for him to be third choice here
it's an odd one alright.. unless Porter is going to move across
Purist98
Bookworm

Post by Purist98 »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:16 pm
No he's been the regular starter since Franks left
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Alaalatoa started all of the crusaders game this season bar the last one
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Purist98 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:18 pm
No he's been the regular starter since Franks left
Has he? That's interesting. Definitely a high quality signing then.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It's definitely confirmed by the way. Done deal.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Tadhg Furlong's central contract ends this june.. edit there was: Furlong signed 2 year central contract:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4514651
Last edited by mildlyinterested on April 12th, 2021, 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:17 pm
it's an odd one alright.. unless Porter is going to move across
That strikes me as now very, very likely. I don't think that Nucifora would sign off on an NIQ tighthead for Leinster unless we had a significant moral advantage over him!

I am always interested in bringing some quality players to the organisation from outside. I'm not some sort of puritan who only wants to see Leinster born and bred players in the team. It's exciting to see guys from the southern hemisphere come to the RDS purely from a spectacle point of view ... they've been coached by different coaches in different environments and can bring a slightly different skillset or ethos to the team. I also think it's good for the group dynamic: people always want to impress the New Zealander!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Hopefully they announce the contract extensions soon, can make this time of year very uncomfortable.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Having Alaalatoa alongside Dan Sheehan for Pro14 games next year should be fun.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Alaalatoa is first choice for the Crusaders or at least was till the defeat to the Highlanders.

Didn’t start against the Hurricanes yesterday, Jager did, but I’d say Robertson was just freshening up the team after the Highlanders defeat.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 8:07 pm Tadhg Furlong's central contract ends this june.. edit there was: Furlong signed 2 year central contract:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4514651
I’m not so sure be has MI - I’ve read that article several times and it’s possible to read it both ways. Surely if he was tied down for two more years the IRFU would have made an announcement by now?
Gerry Thornley wrote: Today’s game marks a significant signpost on his road back, a third successive start and an opportune chance to seal a place in the Lions squad before also sealing his immediate future by agreeing a new two-year central contract with the IRFU.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

I was surprised when Munster didn't sign a NIQ Tighthead. I'm now imagining terrible things. I'm paranoid that this indicates that one of our first choice lads are being forced to go south. I don't think I'd ever recover from something like that.

1. It would be crazy for Munster to go into another season with Archer and Ryan as first choice. It's plain as day that they're not good enough.
2. The IRFU wouldn't tolerate two NIQ Tighthead across the provinces.
3. We have just signed a guy that's first choice in the biggest club in the southern hemisphere.
4. People are saying things above like, 'this only makes sense if Porter switches to Loosehead'. You know what, he isn't switching.
5. We're pending announcement at the end of the season about what is happening to Furlong's central contract.

I think I'd actually be physically sick if something like this happened. I feel ill even thinking about it.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 13th, 2021, 8:14 am I was surprised when Munster didn't sign a NIQ Tighthead. I'm now imagining terrible things. I'm paranoid that this indicates that one of our first choice lads are being forced to go south. I don't think I'd ever recover from something like that.

1. It would be crazy for Munster to go into another season with Archer and Ryan as first choice. It's plain as day that they're not good enough.
2. The IRFU wouldn't tolerate two NIQ Tighthead across the provinces.
3. We have just signed a guy that's first choice in the biggest club in the southern hemisphere.
4. People are saying things above like, 'this only makes sense if Porter switches to Loosehead'. You know what, he isn't switching.
5. We're pending announcement at the end of the season about what is happening to Furlong's central contract.

I think I'd actually be physically sick if something like this happened. I feel ill even thinking about it.
I have to agree, if either Furlong or Porter left/ were forced to go I would be red with angery with Nucifora. Pretty sure I'm still not fully over Carbery leaving .
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I wonder if we will hear about contract extensions this week?
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Are both Porter & Furlong out of contract this summer or just Furlong?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

erskinechilders wrote: April 13th, 2021, 10:42 am Are both Porter & Furlong out of contract this summer or just Furlong?
Porter signed last summer, so looks like Furlong.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Just annonced Tom Clarkson signs his first pro contract.

I feel something brewing........ :cry:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:06 am Just annonced Tom Clarkson signs his first pro contract.

contract news day :)

I have no fears of unexpected bad news.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:12 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:06 am Just annonced Tom Clarkson signs his first pro contract.

contract news day :)

I have no fears of unexpected bad news.
Hope you're right bud.

Maybe we're doing one position a day. ....... Tomorrow we'll sort out the second row :D