Mullet

2000/21 Membership

Post by alanair »

Benefits a little ‘hazy’ for €120.... but I’ve signed up
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: 2000/21 Membership

Post by mildlyinterested »

seems more like a plea for support at this time.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

I wasn't depending on particular benefits. Am signed up

The only one that interests me is guaranteed first call on tickets if they do have games with restricted attendance - that'd be good
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Interesting to note that New Zealand are returning this weekend with full stadiums.

Now I understand that they're currently operating with very different conditions than we currently are (no covid cases in NZ at the moment) but it could indicate that if we can get to that level of containment that we may be able to get full capacity operational at some stage next season. Will be an interesting aspect to keep an eye on over the next few months.

Also signed up for the membership. Wonder if the gift will be a mask rather than a hat this time?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I think that they should have retained the instalment payment option. Leinster Supporters are amongst those who have lost jobs, either permanently or temporarily, and may find a once off payment difficult. The idea itself though is a good one
I have Bumbleflex
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Dave Cahill wrote:I think that they should have retained the instalment payment option. Leinster Supporters are amongst those who have lost jobs, either permanently or temporarily, and may find a once off payment difficult. The idea itself though is a good one
I have signed up, traded in 3 games for €50 (terrace), and it was €70 so installments probably not necessarily

I cant help but feel I'm not going to get much change out of €50 for one game when we restart
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Membership a good idea for those not living close to RDS.
Joined the waiting list...
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

I have 2 season tickets. Does this mean I should buy 2 memberships to entitle me to apply for 2 tickets to any matches next season. Will they even be sold in pairs because of social distancing?
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

D4surfer wrote:I have 2 season tickets. Does this mean I should buy 2 memberships to entitle me to apply for 2 tickets to any matches next season. Will they even be sold in pairs because of social distancing?
I've very confused by this. I only bought one because I'm in the terrace, if I buy seats, will I be in the same grouping as for Aviva games, or will I be by myself?
Will I only be able to buy 1 seat per membership?
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

mtleinster wrote:
D4surfer wrote:I have 2 season tickets. Does this mean I should buy 2 memberships to entitle me to apply for 2 tickets to any matches next season. Will they even be sold in pairs because of social distancing?
I've very confused by this. I only bought one because I'm in the terrace, if I buy seats, will I be in the same grouping as for Aviva games, or will I be by myself?
A friend has a family ticket, 2 adults and 2 kids. He emailed and asked how many he needs to buy but hasn't got an answer.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Avenger wrote:Membership a good idea for those not living close to RDS.
I think so too.

No idea why there is a waiting list though. Anyone?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

domhnallj wrote:
Avenger wrote:Membership a good idea for those not living close to RDS.
I think so too.

No idea why there is a waiting list though. Anyone?

Depends on take up by season ticket holders.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote:Interesting to note that New Zealand are returning this weekend with full stadiums.

Now I understand that they're currently operating with very different conditions than we currently are (no covid cases in NZ at the moment) but it could indicate that if we can get to that level of containment that we may be able to get full capacity operational at some stage next season. Will be an interesting aspect to keep an eye on over the next few months.

Also signed up for the membership. Wonder if the gift will be a mask rather than a hat this time?
I know it's costly but I've long thought that we could move temporarily to the Aviva and have a regular RDS crowd in there quite comfortably. The RDS also seems quite handy for crowd control to me. Maybe there could be a rule that you have to park in the Simmonscourt Car Park and then funnel people in through that entrance and everyone leaves by the far side and walks back around. With everything the way it is now I don't see why we couldn't find a solution to the crowd issue before games start again, unless there's a setback of course.

Apparently the provinces each have a big document (which is very onerous) telling them what they need to do to get up and running by the start of July and Leinster asked a consultant to help implement them but were quoted 10k and said they'd do it themselves. So I wonder how much has been spent on preparations, and also wonder how much might end up being spent on things that don't matter. For example we could spend money on things that help keep a 2m distance, but then that's reduced to 1m by the time it's used.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

D4surfer wrote:
mtleinster wrote:
A friend has a family ticket, 2 adults and 2 kids. He emailed and asked how many he needs to buy but hasn't got an answer.
Yes not clear at all on this, I hope the branch clarifies this.

I have an adult and junior season ticket for me and my son but I can't imagine it would be 2x120 as that is getting pricey. If the guy above has to buy 4 for in essence very little it makes little sense.

I am presuming it's one membership per ticket or family group but sure let's see what the branch says, needs some explaining.

Delighted and fully in support of the membership route and it allows us to fund the club but this needs to.be clarified as there must be loads of families members and people with junior season tickets who want this clarified.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I would seem from this reply from Official Leinster on Twitter that you will need to purchase One membership for every ST ticket you have (.i.e. if you're a family of 4 it's gonna cost you €480)

"One Membership will give you priority access to purchase one ticket, on a first come, first served basis."
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

120e .. ouch, Munster MRSC membership is 50e (+5.50 toutmaster fee)..

120 would get you a 1 venue terrace season ticket in Munster in a normal season

Any idea what Ulster are charging?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

LeinsterLeader wrote:I would seem from this reply from Official Leinster on Twitter that you will need to purchase One membership for every ST ticket you have (.i.e. if you're a family of 4 it's gonna cost you €480)

"One Membership will give you priority access to purchase one ticket, on a first come, first served basis."
I just got this reply:

The number of memberships you purchase if up to you. However, under the current restrictions there will be limited capacity when supporters are allowed at games. Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis with a ticket limit of 1 per membership. As the restrictions change and when permitted we envisage the ticket limit per membership being increased however we are not able to confirm when this will happen.

If I want to be in with a chance of buying 2 tickets, I need 2 memberships.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Poor from Leinster.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

If true that really isn't great - I mean asking for 480 euro for a family of four for in essence absolutely nothing is really not ideal.

I know there is no easy answer to this and of course if when games restart with crowds numbers are very limited (say 1/3 to 1/2 capacity) demand will likely outstrip supply.

I know a single person with one membership will probably be happy enough (although 120 euro is still steep) but for the family members out there without deep pockets asking for hundreds of euros at this time is a big ask methinks.

No easy answer or totally fair answer I know but if you are a family of 4 are you likely to spend 480 euros ??

And of course bear in mind when and if we do start games in the RDS with hugely restricted crowd numbers will there be limits on the number of junior tickets available as they will want to prioritise adult ticket sales ?

Look it's just a 'best guess' on my part and admittedly it's not 100% fair on single holder season tickets but offering perhaps a single membership for 120 euro and a family one for say a nominal uplift to perhaps 150 euro (and you could in theory buy up to 4 tickets) would maybe be better and perhaps increasing the single membership at 120 to buy two tickets to help balance it out.

I know it may mean that they then have to make it first come first served as season ticket membership holders might outstrip ticket availability with these increased limits but I think no matter what that is going to happen anyway as I have no doubt many family members are going to pay for 3 or 4 memberships. Maybe I'm wrong here.

I am certainly having a long hard think about spending 240 euro for my membership and another one for my son !!

Any family members out there having a think about it ????
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Blueberry wrote:If true that really isn't great - I mean asking for 480 euro for a family of four for in essence absolutely nothing is really not ideal.

I know there is no easy answer to this and of course if when games restart with crowds numbers are very limited (say 1/3 to 1/2 capacity) demand will likely outstrip supply.

I know a single person with one membership will probably be happy enough (although 120 euro is still steep) but for the family members out there without deep pockets asking for hundreds of euros at this time is a big ask methinks.

No easy answer or totally fair answer I know but if you are a family of 4 are you likely to spend 480 euros ??

And of course bear in mind when and if we do start games in the RDS with hugely restricted crowd numbers will there be limits on the number of junior tickets available as they will want to prioritise adult ticket sales ?

Look it's just a 'best guess' on my part and admittedly it's not 100% fair on single holder season tickets but offering perhaps a single membership for 120 euro and a family one for say a nominal uplift to perhaps 150 euro (and you could in theory buy up to 4 tickets) would maybe be better and perhaps increasing the single membership at 120 to buy two tickets to help balance it out.

I know it may mean that they then have to make it first come first served as season ticket membership holders might outstrip ticket availability with these increased limits but I think no matter what that is going to happen anyway as I have no doubt many family members are going to pay for 3 or 4 memberships. Maybe I'm wrong here.

I am certainly having a long hard think about spending 240 euro for my membership and another one for my son !!

Any family members out there having a think about it ????
Pretty much in the same boat. I've got 1 and 2 junior ST's but couldn't afford a €360 outlay atm. Think I'll just go with one and hope to pick up another 2 tickets on the day, unlikely as that will be.