Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Salarysins

Post by riocard911 »

Toulouse blow a three man overlap.....
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Chiefs in again. Toulouse won’t be getting a 5th star.

28-11
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Chiefs try under the post from a broken field play
70 min EXE 28-11 TOU

Au revoir, Toulouse....
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

28-18 about 4 minutes left.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Game over 28-18 Exeter
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Full time EXE 28-18 Tou

Fantastic performance by Exeter. They were under the pump in the first half. When they were 0-6 down, Toulouse were attacking their line like mad. Huget missed getting in in the corner by millimetres. Had Toulouse scored that try, Exeter mightn'd have survived. But survive they did. Toulouse ran themselves out of puff and Exeter slowly but surely overcame them.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

riocard911 wrote: September 26th, 2020, 5:22 pm Full time EXE 28-18 Tou

Fantastic performance by Exeter. They were under the pump in the first half. When they were 0-6 down, Toulouse were attacking their line like mad. Huget missed getting in in the corner by millimetres. Had Toulouse scored that try, Exeter mightn'd have survived. But survive they did. Toulouse ran themselves out of puff and Exeter slowly but surely overcame them.
+1
My thoughts precisely. Delighted for Chiefs. A real rugby club who portray the best values of the game. Developed in the image of their long-term Coach, Rob Baxter and their Chairman and owner Tony Rowe. So much to admire and great recruitment of Hogg, Jonny Grey & Hidalgo- Cline - three cogs who made the wheels run even quicker and smoother.

Another real tough opponent for Leinster for future years and they'll be very hard to beat in either Sandy Park or the RDS / AVIVA.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

outcast eddie wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:06 pm
Oldschool wrote: September 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm Delighted for the two ex Munster lads, gives us something to cheer for in the final.
All French very likely.
What about Ian Whitten, Gareth Steenson and Tom O'Flaherty :wink: for Exeter?
My post predates the result of the Exeter v Toulouse game.
I shall have to reconsider my allegiances. :shock:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

In hindsight.
Saracens final was last week.
They seemed lack lustre today, almost playing by memory or rote. Their Leaving cert. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The few times that Racing managed to quicken the pace, Saracens were in trouble, just like last week against us.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

So we’re guaranteed a new winner this year. I fancy Exeter at this stage, but only barely
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I remember Exeter's first European cup game, against us in the RDS, and a few of their fans were walking in ahead of me and stopped at the sight of the full Friday night lights and European matchday atmosphere. I was saying to them that while the last qualifying English team was often there to make up the numbers really, not them. Even if they were only in their second year in the premiership. I'd seen a few of their games (they were available on Irish TV at the time) and they were really well coached.

Turned out to be the case, they gave us a right game that we snuck through barely. They've progressed all the way since then. Could conceivably win domestic and European titles this year and deservedly.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:29 pm I remember Exeter's first European cup game, against us in the RDS, and a few of their fans were walking in ahead of me and stopped at the sight of the full Friday night lights and European matchday atmosphere. I was saying to them that while the last qualifying English team was often there to make up the numbers really, not them. Even if they were only in their second year in the premiership. I'd seen a few of their games (they were available on Irish TV at the time) and they were really well coached.

Turned out to be the case, they gave us a right game that we snuck through barely. They've progressed all the way since then. Could conceivably win domestic and European titles this year and deservedly.
We also played them in the first season of the B&I Cup beating them 22-10 in Sandy Park on 13 Feb 2010. They won the Championship that season.

P.S. That HEC game against Exeter in 2012 was played on a Saturday afternoon. :wink:
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Wow. At least tell me the lights were on. I was pretty sure it wasn't a Saturday evening match for no particularly good reason, remember the place lit up and the buzz. But memory is plastic and I could have invented it. And the three Exeter fans apparently!

First match in Europe after a lions or world cup is also the ideal time to play Leinster in Europe I think.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Half three in October. They would have been on. Phew.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I remember us being awful that game, and Ferg playing in the centre too for some reason.

And then singing that awful chant.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

wixfjord wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:52 pm I remember us being awful that game, and Ferg playing in the centre too for some reason.

And then singing that awful chant.
Up to that point McFadden had started far more matches in the centre than on the wing (46 v 13). He and Eoin O'Malley were the back-up centres to Darce and Drico at the time.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:21 pm So we’re guaranteed a new winner this year. I fancy Exeter at this stage, but only barely
Its going to be the first time since 2008 that one of the big four (Leinster, Toulon, Saracens and Toulouse) haven't taken the trophy home, 11 seasons.
Hope Racing do it, they've paid their dues.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:41 pm Half three in October. They would have been on. Phew.
It was daytime. Hook was in Keilys giving a sermon via Newstalk. He was asked if he styled his punditry on Dunphy :lol: , that always boiled his piss.
Got a Newstalk squishy rugby ball though, still have it. We squeezed past them that day.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

fourthirtythree wrote: September 26th, 2020, 7:41 pm Half three in October. They would have been on. Phew.
I think you just started drinking early.