HEC R1 Leinster v Treviso Sat 3.15 BT Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: HEC R1 Leinster v Treviso Sat 3.15 BT Sports

Post by curates_egg »

johng wrote:Ah the one leg was just for sport.

On two legs I'll be surprised if he is caught this season. Maybe during the following one.
It's also worrying close to what Stephen Jones used to write about ROG and Ireland back in the late noughties.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Experimental wrote:I think we should go with:

1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Toner
6. Doris
7. Connors
8. Deegan
9. Gibson-Park
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

Tracey, Bent, Porter, J Ryan, Josh VDF, McGrath, H Byrne, Tomane
I think ruddock will start at 6 instead of doris. Deeegan may be the one who misses out as doris will prob start at 8.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

carlow man wrote:
Experimental wrote:I think we should go with:

1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Toner
6. Doris
7. Connors
8. Deegan
9. Gibson-Park
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

Tracey, Bent, Porter, J Ryan, Josh VDF, McGrath, H Byrne, Tomane
I think ruddock will start at 6 instead of doris. Deeegan may be the one who misses out as doris will prob start at 8.
I think so too. Also, Connors is going through 'RTP' protocols so probably won't be risked, so I'd say your looking at a back row of Ruddock, Doris, JVDF with Deegan to bench.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Jaysus lads, Harry Byrne on the bench, you need to read the "Whiff" thread.
I'd agree with ya on having H. Byrne on the bench (with the bro starting of course) so that he's land locked in the HCC but if there's any chance he's going to Munster then that ain't going to happen.
Nucifora will be well up to that ploy.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Toner
6. Fardy
7. VDF
8. Ruddock
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

Tracey, Porter, Bent, Doris, Deegan, McGrath, Ross Byrne, Tomane
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

CiaranIrl wrote:1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Toner
6. Fardy
7. VDF
8. Ruddock
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

I'd rather see larmour at fb with Adam Byrne on right wing.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

CiaranIrl wrote:1. Healy
2. Kelleher
3. Furlong
4. Ryan
5. Toner
6. Fardy
7. VDF
8. Ruddock
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. Lowe
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

Porter is a tighthead. It's fine covering LH for a world cup but that won't work in the real world of professional sport.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Will Leo & Bomber see this game as the first of a new level (EPCR) or the last of six Pro14 opponents? A chance to integrate in preparation for Lyon and Saints or the reward for the progress that a lot of guys have made since mid-September?

What will be the impact on the majority, who have been competing against each other at home and, in doing so, have also developed great teamwork - as proven against Connacht? And what about the minority, the returnees who have come back without their reputations burnished but who we need to play selflessly in Blue to maintain the momentum created by their less illustrious colleagues?

No easy answers. No automatic formula to solve this equation. Not even a lesson available from the Brian Cody playbook. This is a problem that only a professional rugby Head Coach has to solve once every four years.

Fortunately, Leo has done it before and Bomber has watched it from a distance and they have proved that they usually find the perfect solution. I look forward with anticipation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Will Leo & Bomber see this game as the first of a new level (EPCR) or the last of six Pro14 opponents? A chance to integrate in preparation for Lyon and Saints or the reward for the progress that a lot of guys have made since mid-September?

What will be the impact on the majority, who have been competing against each other at home and, in doing so, have also developed great teamwork - as proven against Connacht? And what about the minority, the returnees who have come back without their reputations burnished but who we need to play selflessly in Blue to maintain the momentum created by their less illustrious colleagues?

No easy answers. No automatic formula to solve this equation. Not even a lesson available from the Brian Cody playbook. This is a problem that only a professional rugby Head Coach has to solve once every four years.

Fortunately, Leo has done it before and Bomber has watched it from a distance and they have proved that they usually find the perfect solution. I look forward with anticipation.
Hopefully they've been checking this thread at regular intervals.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschool wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Will Leo & Bomber see this game as the first of a new level (EPCR) or the last of six Pro14 opponents? A chance to integrate in preparation for Lyon and Saints or the reward for the progress that a lot of guys have made since mid-September?

Hopefully they've been checking this thread at regular intervals.
Maybe Pilotman *is* Stuart Lancaster? J'accuse!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Twist wrote:Maybe Pilotman *is* Stuart Lancaster? J'accuse!
He’s certainly comfortable in chaos anyway.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Some potential team news from Cian Treacy - https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 91152.html

Looking like Healy, Kelleher, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, ??, Sexton, Lowe, Tomane, Ringrose, ??, Larmour
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

wixfjord wrote:Some potential team news from Cian Treacy - https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 91152.html

Looking like Healy, Kelleher, Porter, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Doris, ??, Sexton, Lowe, Tomane, Ringrose, ??, Larmour
Looks a good shout. I would have thought McGrath at SH, and A Byrne on the wing maybe...
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Or Dave Kearney - he is in cracking form
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Porter is in great form, I'd be happy for him to start at TH. His try against Connacht was very like Furlong's one against Samoa, I thought.

I rewatched highlights from the second Aus v. Ireland test the other day. Id totally forgotten about Furlong's line-break and attempted long pass in that game. He hasn't had many moments like that recently. I'd say things like that do wonders for your confidence.

I wonder if we're getting the full picture (as usual) about Henshaw? Withdrawn with 'illness' fairly late and not expected in the 23 this week. Its entirely possible that a lad who was sick on Friday couldn't train all week, but it seems like we don't get told the truth very often
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Furlong has been inconsistent for a while now. Remember he was pretty average in the first test of that series and then came out like a man possessed the next week? I don't actually think that he's been bad when his form has dipped though, his base level is still decent.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If Doris is starting, it's a bit of a kick in the hole for Deegan.

He was much improved last week but has had a fairly poor start to the season.

Will be interesting to see who benches.
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

Am worried for Robbie Henshaw.

Illness or hamstring twinge ????
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If you read the piece though it doesn't necessarily say Henshaw is injured, just that he may miss out.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:If you read the piece though it doesn't necessarily say Henshaw is injured, just that he may miss out.
If you had to bet a week's wages on it, where would you put your money.
Injured or miss out?
Maybe simpler ?, Play or won't play, regardless of the reason.
If it helps your decision, my money would go on "won't play".
I haven't read the piece yet btw.