blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Denis Leamy joining the Academy setup

Post by blockhead »

johng wrote:Fly on the wall for the first meeting with Conters
The Chuckle Brothers II
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I think what rankles with Munster people – and I suspect some folk in Ulster – is that guys who aren't first choice in Leinster are still good enough for the national squad," Leamy writes in his Irish Independent column

OUCH!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

"I would have to disagree with some of the calls. Tommy O'Donnell lost his place on the bench, I think he is a better player than Jordi Murphy.
"I would argue that Donnacha Ryan brings more to the table than Rhys Ruddock and you just have to wonder what Simon Zebo - a Lion last summer - has to do to get back into the squad. Paddy Jackson has a more rounded game at the moment than Ian Madigan-DreamyLeamy
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Meh, he spoke according to the hat he wore.

If he's up for a role like this then he's probably over all that. I rate the people making this call. Deserves a chance.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Interesting appointment. I think it's a bit small-minded to hold his somewhat partisan views and abrasive playing style against him.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He has history. He wasnt just any Munster player, he was one of the biggest haters. Enough that it partly defined him.

That no one has been outraged at his appointment but there may be an element of suspicion.

He was a versatile and intelligent player who left everything on the pitch. One of the stand out Irish backrows who wasnt a physical freak (Wallace, Heaslip, SOB, Ferris, POM).
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:He has history. He wasnt just any Munster player, he was one of the biggest haters. Enough that it partly defined him.

That no one has been outraged at his appointment but there may be an element of suspicion.

He was a versatile and intelligent player who left everything on the pitch. One of the stand out Irish backrows who wasnt a physical freak (Wallace, Heaslip, SOB, Ferris, POM).
No he wasn't and he wouldn't have been anywhere near the Irish team if he hadn't been playing for Munster and the Irish coach wasn't Munster centric in his selections.
I also seemed to remember that when asked by the ref (Wayne Barnes?) if he wanted another ten yards against, he flippantly replied in the affirmative, Barnes duly obliged, so much for his intelligence!
He's here now so hopefully .......
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ronk wrote:He has history. He wasnt just any Munster player, he was one of the biggest haters. Enough that it partly defined him.

Intelligence is not a word I would associate with Leamy. He was industrious and a teak tough b$&%@#d. I was always nervous when Ireland were awarded a scrum penalty and he was first to put his hand on the ball, not the best decision maker in those circumstances.

Great to have another Irish name coming through the coaching system though.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan