Leinster 2019/2020 - Strengths and Weaknesses

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterforever
Mullet

Re: Leinster 2019/2020 - Strengths and Weaknesses

Post by leinsterforever »

Larmour and Kelleher have terrific acceleration, but not much in the way of long range pace/speed endurance from what I've seen.

If you really wanted to have pace in the outside channels I think you'd pick Jimmy O'Brien at 13, and a back three of O'Loughlin, Daly and Jack Kelly.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Generous to Jack Kelly.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

mildlyinterested wrote:Generous to Jack Kelly.
He scored a try recently in the 7s where the ball broke to him off a kick-off and he raced in from 50 or 60 metres. At least I think it was him. The stream quality wasn't great. I'm basing it on that pretty much.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Re Kelleher to connacht fao mildly

Not really. Some posters on here would argue black is white.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

carlow man wrote: Same difference. He wasn't going to get game time in Dublin so it was either stay and play for the a team or get experience out west!
Not the same difference at all. He played in five senior games in his second year of the academy and was offered a development contract to skip third year and go into the senior squad. Decided to go to Connacht when they offered him a senior contract. Nucifora helped grease the wheels, Leinster were pissed off. All covered pretty heavily at the time:

"He had already agreed a development contract with us, and all the protocols were broken here. I'm sure that he'll do very well with Connacht - and we wish him well - but we're unhappy at the way this was done."

source: https://www.balls.ie/rugby/leinster-rag ... cht-332150
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

So unhappy they took him back a few years later? It's not like he did a 'conway' and became a complete d**k. He went to get good experience starting in the pro 12 as it was and in Europe. Prob wasn't going to get it in Dublin. Conway not only went to our biggest rivals but stuck 2 fingers up at leinster as soon as he got there and has become bitter and pathetic in his attitude ever since. Prob realised he made a major mistake and then ruined any chance of returning by acting like a gobshite in order to impress the locals!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Some have suggested that he might be considered a 'reverse conway' - it was certainly mentioned at the time by people who know such things
I have Bumbleflex