Pro14 Final Glasgow v Leinster 18.30 Sat 25th May

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Pro14 Final Glasgow v Leinster 18.30 Sat 25th May

Post by wixfjord »

Laighin Break wrote:I'd say there were a considerable amount of soccer fans at that game, doing most of the booing.
You've never watched a game in Scotstoun then?
They're always at it.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

What a class act Johnny giving the trophy to Seanie to lift. I had a feeling he'd do that.
Bookies had it right on 3 points but it was a bit close for comfort.
Not a bad end to the season though.
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:I'd say there were a considerable amount of soccer fans at that game, doing most of the booing.
They're always at it.
Leinster:

Glasgow fans: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Anyone But New Zealand
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

wixfjord wrote:
They're always at it.
Ah they're not that bad though. That was worse than Welsh crowds
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

FLIP wrote:Boo boys didn't stick around for the presentation then
Yeah no kidding - expect no less.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Laighin Break wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
They're always at it.
Scotstoun crowd are shocking for it.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Laighin Break wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
They're always at it.
It seems to be acceptable in some places. Over here, the Irish teams generally cheer their own team rather than booing the opposition unless there's some sort of foul play or obviously bad decision (or any decision that doesn't go our way!). The English clubs' fans don't really get involved in the booing either. Any way, it makes it better when an away teams wins when the home fans are booing.
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

If you're booing you're losing.

So long may it continue.
I have Bumbleflex
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

D2 Blue wrote: It seems to be acceptable in some places.
It's contrary to the sportsmanship inherent to the values of rugby.
Anyone But New Zealand
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

That was a hell of a tough game! Took everything we had - lots of defensive scrambling, a real opportunist's try and very, very good management of the clock and referee. Glasgow were very impressive in the first half and looked dangerous throughout, but we dominated territory in the second half; given the weather, that was the way to do it. Can't recall another Celtic League/Pro12/14 final when it rained so bloody heavily!

The players looked exhausted to me at the end of that. They absolutely played themselves to a standstill. I've a real feeling of relief that such a good season was rewarded with another pot. Those guys worked bloody hard for it.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Glasgow have a great team but their fans can absolutely f%~k off with their booing. Its crept into the national support too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Tough enough first half but we bossed the second half and won well. Offside does not appear to be an offence anymore and the scrum was largely a joke.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Was worried for a few minutes that the decision to leave Jack Mc out of the 23 might come back to haunt us, it didn't. Excellent tactical and physical second-half with everyone constantly aware of where we wanted to play the game. The weather placed a very high premium on ball handling and possibly cost us a couple of clean break possibilities in the first half.

Overall thought we deserved our win, albeit with some ugly rugby in last quarter. Was amazed we didn't take points to go ahead by 11. Lots of top displays but Larmour, McGrath, Healy, Ryan and back-row were magnificent, IMO.

Very very pleased for Leo and everyone behind the scenes. Great Club performance and rewards for lots of the Pro14 team throughout the season.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Jack McGrath is gonna be missed
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Phew!
Well done boys, I was concerned when we didn't take more points during their yellow card period. We should have killeed the game at that stage. But hey, we won our 6th Pro14 and our 11th pro title :happy clapper: :happy clapper: .
Seanie lifting the trophy was a nice touch, he is a Leinster Ledge after all.

Almost a perfect year.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Really toughed it out against highly motivated, skilled and aggressive opponents backed by a raucous crowd. A combination of us edging the battle of the packs and the poor conditions tipped the balance in our favour.

Great way to finish the season and well-deserved after the disappointment of last week.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Pack were exceptional, physically ahead from the first contact. Rain helped as it restricted Glasgow but never really felt we were going to lose it due to the physical dominance. Ryan and Healy bossed the contact area and VDF truly exceptional game, constantly off the line quickly and endlessly disruptive in the Glasgow passing channels. We did look tired at points (not surprising after two heavy games in the last two weeks) but kept it tight and used a lot of experience to grind out a very wet second half. Real day for the 1-8 but Henshaw worth a mention as he was defensively excellent. Kudos to Larmour too, mature display. Celtic Park fantastic stadium bar the boo boys.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Jonny tight lips wrote:Jack McGrath is gonna be missed
Don't understand why he didn't help SOB
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Pro14 Final Glasgow v Leinster 18.30 Sat 25th May

Post by artaneboy »

Peg Leg wrote:
An over-used phrase, but hard to avoid; end of an era.

Home reared boys who came through the system- ‘youths’ and academy to be great for us and help to make us great. They’ll be missed.

I believe Jack will go on to have other very good (maybe even ‘’great’) days with the Nordies. But I feel more rueful/ melancholic for Sean. I hope I’m wrong, but I think that it will be hard for him at LI. He was a special player- and while it ended more with a whimper than a bang for him this last couple of seasons, he is a vital part of our heritage and story.

Anyway- really satisfying performance last night. The drizzle was drenching and in the circumstances our tactics were far better suited. The Parkhead crowd were mad with Nigel- aren’t Glasgow fans always a bit like that, but we were too far away down the Leinster goal end to make any judgement on whether it was the usual moaning at illegal play been actually reffed- or if they had a point. I suspect the former...

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

artaneboy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
An over-used phrase, but hard to avoid; end of an era.

Home reared boys who came through the system- ‘youths’ and academy to be great for us and help to make us great. They’ll be missed.

I believe Jack will go on to have other very good (maybe even ‘’great’) days with the Nordies. But I feel more rueful/ melancholic for Sean. I hope I’m wrong, but I think that it will be hard for him at LI. He was a special player- and while it ended more with a whimper than a bang for him this last couple of seasons, he is a vital part of our heritage and story.

Anyway- really satisfying performance last night. The drizzle was drenching and in the circumstances our tactics were far better suited. The Parkhead crowd were mad with Nigel- aren’t Glasgow fans always a bit like that, but we were too far away down the Leinster goal end to make any judgement on whether it was the usual moaning at illegal play been actually reffed- or if they had a point. I suspect the former...

Glasgow fans frustrated around us anyway, we physically were on top and managed the clock very well and Nigel copped it. He didn't have a great game but it didn't impact the outcome.