Post by cormac »

Our semi-final will be on May 18th at 3pm
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster @ Ulster, Sat 27 Apr 17:15 KO

Post by Jackie Brown »

alanair wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Dave it's a clear headbutt in the replay, Clancy bottled it as you'd expect. Ferg even pulls Ready towards him by the shirt as he shoves his head into his face.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
In fairness , if it had developed into an all out scrap, I would have feared for Reidy’s safety :o
*** Edited by mod ***

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I’d say Jackie is facing a spell on the side lines for his scurrilous post.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

No red due for reidy for the punch thrown at a man with his head down, if we're making suppositions from what can be seen from across the field?
Anyone But New Zealand
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

cormac wrote:Our semi-final will be on May 18th at 3pm
Is that a Friday? Ridiculous if it is.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

leinster23 wrote:
No, Saturday
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

leinster23 wrote:
Saturday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

The Doc wrote:
leinster23 wrote:
Saturday

Oh good. Guess I'll have to save my outrage for something else then.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

The Doc wrote:
leinster23 wrote:
Saturday

Glasgows semi final is the Friday night.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The good news from last night's game was:

~ Jimmy O'Briens positioning & pace;
~ Will Connor's tackling and handling;
~ Ronan Kelleher's physicality.

The disappointing aspects were:

~ Ferg's rush of blood;
~ Noel Reid (as captain) neglecting to take the penalty instead of advantage;
~ Jack McGrath's return to form in scrummaging just as he departs.

Possibly our poorest team performance of the year but lots of decent individual cameos. A game we could have won if we had keep thinking. However, after a good first half from all three Officials as a team, the standards feel like a stone in the second half. Leinster should have been down to 13 for persistent offside. His refereeing of 'side entry' at breakdowns became non-existant in the last 30 minutes and wrecked the contest.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The good news from last night's game was:

~ Ferg's rush of blood;

Possibly our poorest team performance of the year but lots of decent individual cameos. A game we could have won if we had keep thinking. However, after a good first half from all three Officials as a team, the standards feel like a stone in the second half. Leinster should have been down to 13 for persistent offside. His refereeing of 'side entry' at breakdowns became non-existant in the last 30 minutes and wrecked the contest.
Ulster must have been incredibly disciplined in defence as there were 7 offsides called against us by the ARs and none against the home team.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Wouldn't have been any off-sides called if it wasn't for Joy on the mike - she was constantly in his ear......we didn't do ourselves any favours mind you, discipline poor in the second half. Ulster did get away with murder mind you.

Clancy is a poor ref, always has been, never enjoyed a game when he was reffing. Always waiting for a clanger and he seems totally overwhelmed with the break down, struggles to police anything. Almost as if it's all going a bit too fast for him. There does not appear to be side entry, a gate, sealing off or in fact any ruck rules in his version of the rules. He's frustrating. Don't think he's biased or anti anyone but does tend to favour the home side and good rugby teams struggle with him as the breakdown degenerates into a total free for all 'pile on'.

Enjoyable game to watch purely because it showed we have more quality coming though, Connors, Penny and O'Brien all look like serious prospects and the brief cameo from Baird also encouraging, he looks promising.

Pity to see Reid go, he had a good game last night, lots of good powerful carries.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The good news from last night's game was:

~ Ferg's rush of blood;

Maybe nobody heard him call advantage. It took an age for him to call it, he only said it once iirc, and he wasn't exactly shouting it loudly. Whatever happened, it was annoying to give up the opportunity to kick for goal for the lead.
Dont Panic!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Fair play to retro-crazed touch judge Joy Neville for trying to make the off-side rule fashionable again. What next? Leg warmers, shoulder pads and Reagan back in the White House?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Clancy actually ignored a clear ruck offside call from Neville in the second half. She did try, even if it did mean multiple penalties and a yellow against us.

Reid’s carries were good and he also kicked well and of course his pass to Ferg made his try. I am going to miss his unrivaled passing most of all. Bonkers to think he might be joining a relegated side in the Championship to be a back-up player instead of the same role with us.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Joy is a far better ref than Clancy, she actually knows the rules of the game and adheres to them and if more refs did the same they wouldn't have to do these continual changes and tweaks.

Tight contest and both sides infringed far more than they were penalised for, Leinster missed a penalty advantage late on in the match which was a 50:50 kick for goal, played on and gained ground after 5 phases lost ball and lost advantage, Ulster had done the same earlier and same happened so at least he was consistent, now whether that came out the same on TV I dont know I was just following his arm signals.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

rooster wrote:Joy is a far better ref than Clancy, she actually knows the rules of the game and adheres to them and if more refs did the same they wouldn't have to do these continual changes and tweaks.

Tight contest and both sides infringed far more than they were penalised for, Leinster missed a penalty advantage late on in the match which was a 50:50 kick for goal, played on and gained ground after 5 phases lost ball and lost advantage, Ulster had done the same earlier and same happened so at least he was consistent, now whether that came out the same on TV I dont know I was just following his arm signals.
It came across on TV both times alright, hence my shouting "don't waste the f%~king advantage" at the TV, much to the surprise of my wife, my daughter and the dog!
A proud Winsome Fluter
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ferg cited.

Stupidity personified from him. He's nailed on to get a ban that will rule him out for the season, and we could really have done with him as an option with Byrne and Daly likely out too.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

wixfjord wrote:Ferg cited.

Stupidity personified from him. He's nailed on to get a ban that will rule him out for the season, and we could really have done with him as an option with Byrne and Daly likely out too.
Not surprised, AR had a clear view, as did about half of the West side supporters. It was seriously stupid and not something I would have thought he would actually do, end of season for him now and he may hope it is a number of weeks rather than matches he gets the ban for.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

wixfjord wrote:Ferg cited.

Ferg out of contract too this summer.

If he doesn't get an extension he might have played his last game for Leinster.

Have to think with next season being a WC season that he will get at least a year.