Leinster @ Ulster, Sat 27 Apr 17:15 KO

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Re: Leinster @ Ulster, Sat 27 Apr 17:15 KO

Post by bails »

Dissappointing display in Kingspan, can’t remember a game where we made so many individual errors

A few positives, Jack McGrath is getting there and looks like he will at least compete for a place in the last 3 match squads.
Nick MCarthy looks more than competent, I’d love if he could sit on the bench in Newcastle ( sad to see him moving on)
Will Connors looks t9 hav3 smashing hands and will benefit hugely from being back at the end of this season. He will be a great player next season

So how many might be involved in 2 weeks time.
Don’t think DK or Ferg did enough. (Might be cited)

McGrath ?
McCarthy ?
Deegan
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Ok we lost - despite being the only team trying to win... and I don’t like having a go at refs ... but seriously , have we ever won when that clown was reffing ? ... he rarely bothers with the offside line. ( for either team) ... but 3 times in the last 5 minutes , in positions that would have given kickable penalties for Leinster, he chose to totally ignore the law for hitting the breakdown through the gate - 3 times blatantly in the side ( actually one was round the back!!)
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

alanair wrote:Ok we lost - despite being the only team trying to win... and I don’t like having a go at refs ... but seriously , have we ever won when that clown was reffing ? ... he rarely bothers with the offside line. ( for either team) ... but 3 times in the last 5 minutes , in positions that would have given kickable penalties for Leinster, he chose to totally ignore the law for hitting the breakdown through the gate - 3 times blatantly in the side ( actually one was round the back!!)
Offside only applied if Ulster were attacking in the the Leinster 22....
Dont Panic!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

bails wrote:Dissappointing display in Kingspan, can’t remember a game where we made so many individual errors

A few positives, Jack McGrath is getting there and looks like he will at least compete for a place in the last 3 match squads.
Nick MCarthy looks more than competent, I’d love if he could sit on the bench in Newcastle ( sad to see him moving on)
Will Connors looks t9 hav3 smashing hands and will benefit hugely from being back at the end of this season. He will be a great player next season

Don’t think DK or Ferg did enough. (Might be cited)

McGrath ?
McCarthy ?
Deegan
:lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

In fairness we cant complain too much about reffing considering we should've been down to 14 for most of that game.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I thought McGrath was ok. At least he got on the ball a few times and one dominant scrum. It was only 44 mins.

He still looks like a player for whom developments in the the game have passed him by. He is too static, lacks footwork.

McCarthy’s service and speed to breakdown was excellent. One very good box kick. A few more might have been a good idea. A bad loss and Munster keep extending Mathewson’s Stay!
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

OTT wrote:A few minutes to go just outside the Ulster 22 Tomane gets caught by Cave, Tomane releases the ball and picks it back up as indicated by Clancy. Tomane can’t get away because the tackler is still holding on like ffs Clancy saw it how did he not give the penalty.

He was shite for both teams just that one he actually sort of called it but didn’t give it.
Did you see the head butt Clancy missed. He's a sh1t show of a referee. I'll never forget our victory at the RDS were Cullen made him go to the TMO after he'd blown the final whistle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jackie Brown wrote:[Did you see the head butt Clancy missed.

No we didn't, and I'd wager that unless you were at the game, on that side of the pitch, and for some reason not following play, neither did you. Thats kind of the whole issue.

I'd love to know though how you would expect a ref to be following play, refereeing a ruck, checking offside, and at the same time watching two players behind him half a pitch away. Clancy may well be a poor ref (and he is), but blaming him for not being a reincarnation of Argus Panoptes is a smidge unreasonable
I have Bumbleflex
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Pretty clear on the huge screens.

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Jackie Brown wrote:Pretty clear on the huge screens.

No it wasn't.
Dont Panic!
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Dexter wrote:

No it wasn't.
It wasn't clear on tv but it looked like Ferg made contact with his head.

Could easily have been a red. Lucky boy, very unlike Ferg.

If there is a better camera angle, I would be surprised if Ferg wasn't cited.

It looked like a headbutt.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

No, it wasn't. You saw the same pictures the rest of us, the Ref and the TMO saw. There was one angle, from the far side of the pitch. What you saw was, at best, a view equivalent to being in the opposite side stand with eyes.
I have Bumbleflex
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

It was a clear headbutt.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Jackie Brown wrote:I think that It was a clear headbutt but there was no clear evidence of it that could enable the Referee or the TMO take disciplinary action despite repeated viewings and a search for other angles

Fixed that for you
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That's a load of one eyed nonsense Dave. It was a headbutt. Hard to see where he connected but he definitely pushed his head forward.

Could've easily been red and a stupid thing to do by Ferg.

Here's the incident for anyone who didn't see it. Slo mo clearly shows it.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1122178110554767360
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote:That's a load of one eyed nonsense Dave. It was a headbutt. Hard to see where he connected but he definitely pushed his head forward.

No, I think it was a headbutt myself, where did I say it wasn't? But all I saw was what all any of us saw, which was unclear coverage of what we think was a headbutt.

You can't send someone off, either temporarily or permanently, for something you think happened. So expecting even the best referee in the world, nevermind a mediocrity like Clancy, to make a decision based upon what we saw (and only upon what we saw) is completely unreasonable.
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:That's a load of one eyed nonsense Dave. It was a headbutt. Hard to see where he connected but he definitely pushed his head forward.

No, I think it was a headbutt myself, where did I say it wasn't? But all I saw was what all any of us saw, which was unclear coverage of what we think was a headbutt.

You can't send someone off, either temporarily or permanently, for something you think happened. So expecting even the best referee in the world, nevermind a mediocrity like Clancy, to make a decision based upon what we saw (and only upon what we saw) is completely unreasonable.
To make matters worse I don't think the Touch judge saw it at all. He looks to be looking across the pitch and only puts the flag out after it's been highlighted by the Ulster players. Does look like a head butt to me but not enough there to cite I think.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave it's a clear headbutt in the replay, Clancy bottled it as you'd expect. Ferg even pulls Ready towards him by the shirt as he shoves his head into his face.

tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

bails wrote:Dissappointing display in Kingspan, can’t remember a game where we made so many individual errors

Don’t think DK or Ferg did enough.
(Might be cited)

McGrath ?
McCarthy ?
Deegan
Ferg wont be -and not because of potential citing. Loyalty, heart, commitment aside - he is decidedly agricultural.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Jackie Brown wrote:Dave it's a clear headbutt in the replay, Clancy bottled it as you'd expect. Ferg even pulls Ready towards him by the shirt as he shoves his head into his face.

In fairness , if it had developed into an all out scrap, I would have feared for Reidy’s safety :o