Leinster v Glasgow Sat 15.00 Eir

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

geologyrocks
Beginner

Re: Leinster v Glasgow Sat 15.00 Eir

Post by geologyrocks »

There's absolutely no way Seán O'Brien doesn't play. This will probably be his last ever game in the RDS. He hasn't started a game there since Edinburgh in September 2017 and since then he's had a grand total of 25 minutes: off the bench against Wasps just gone.

This is the second last RDS game of the season, the other being the Pro14 semi final. I dunno if he'll get selected for that, being that it's a week after a potential Heineken cup final but there is a very strong probability that this it. He'll know it and will want to play.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

bails wrote:Can’t believe we will be resting too many
We desperately need some continuity.

Those is need of serious game time
RK, Henshaw, Lowe, Sexton, Luke McGrath, HOS
Nugget, Dev, SOB, max D at 7

Team might be
RK, Jordan, GR, RH, Lowe, Sexton, Luke
Church, Nugget, Porter, Dev, Fardy, Rhys, Jack, SOB

Max Deegan to get 40 mins at 7

Johnny needs a game, to help regain confidence in his game and as importantly confidence in his body

Within the IRFU guidelines, Players need to Play
Does Luke McGrath really need more time? He's started three weeks in a row and has played almost the whole game in the last two games. A rest would do him more good imo.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

geologyrocks wrote:There's absolutely no way Seán O'Brien doesn't play. This will probably be his last ever game in the RDS. He hasn't started a game there since Edinburgh in September 2017 and since then he's had a grand total of 25 minutes: off the bench against Wasps just gone.

This is the second last RDS game of the season, the other being the Pro14 semi final. I dunno if he'll get selected for that, being that it's a week after a potential Heineken cup final but there is a very strong probability that this it. He'll know it and will want to play.
I know SOB has had more than his fair share of injuries but that's really sad he's not played (at home) for that length of time.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

kermischocolate wrote:
geologyrocks wrote:There's absolutely no way Seán O'Brien doesn't play. This will probably be his last ever game in the RDS. He hasn't started a game there since Edinburgh in September 2017 and since then he's had a grand total of 25 minutes: off the bench against Wasps just gone.

I know SOB has had more than his fair share of injuries but that's really sad he's not played (at home) for that length of time.
He has only played eight regular season Pro12/Pro14 games in the RDS in almost six years, since the beginning of the 2013-14 season. That doesn't include home KO fixtures or games played in Lansdowne, just league games in the RDS.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Didn't he start at home to Treviso this time last year? Lasted all of 40 minutes IIRC.

Yep, see match report. Replaced at ht by Peadar Timmins.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/report/rep ... n-rugby-17
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Isn't he in Dubai on a break?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Nope, trained yesterday.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Flash Gordon wrote:

That was last week.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster v Glasgow – KO 15.00
RDS Arena, Dublin
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
AR1: Joy Neville (IRFU), AR2: Mateo Liperini (FIR)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 1, DAZN 15:00
Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre ... XRScfvA.99
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Felipe was talking about how Tomane has got fitter over the last while and how that, along with getting used to how we play, should mean that he improves. I think a lot of us noticed that he looked a bit more nimble in the last couple of weeks and he definitely had his best game on Saturday so don't think it's the usual lip service from a coach. Fingers crossed it continues.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

12/13 of Henshaw/COB this week?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

According to ROC Leinster are probably going to 'keep one team training just for Toulouse this week and then put out another team for the Glasgow game'.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Felipe was talking about how Tomane has got fitter over the last while and how that, along with getting used to how we play, should mean that he improves. I think a lot of us noticed that he looked a bit more nimble in the last couple of weeks and he definitely had his best game on Saturday so don't think it's the usual lip service from a coach. Fingers crossed it continues.
I thought he did ok but looked out of position a lot of the time. Hopefully Felipe is right, we could use the player we think we signed!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Tomane’s agility has definitely improved since start of the year. I remember the Cardiff game (first game of season) and he could barely move left to right.

He still looks at times like he’s playing a different game to the rest of his teammates, but I think that just shows how incredibly well drilled we are, and how different our game is to French sides, particularly Montpellier.

He has a bit to go and looks a way off being a starter, but hopefully will become a useful player for us.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote:Tomane’s agility has definitely improved since start of the year. I remember the Cardiff game (first game of season) and he could barely move left to right.

He still looks at times like he’s playing a different game to the rest of his teammates, but I think that just shows how incredibly well drilled we are, and how different our game is to French sides, particularly Montpellier.

He has a bit to go and looks a way off being a starter, but hopefully will become a useful player for us.
Yep, that's all bang on. As you say, hope he will become a useful player for us. Someone who can switch across from centre/wing would be really useful, this year has really shown how much we miss Isa!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

3 tries on saturday and we set a new Celtic League regular season record of 92.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

shame kelleher is in the US instead of getting more gamtime with seniors, maybe he will get a chance versus Ulster.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:shame kelleher is in the US instead of getting more gamtime with seniors, maybe he will get a chance versus Ulster.
There is obviously a reason. It's not like the lads are afraid to throw young lads in there.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:shame kelleher is in the US instead of getting more gamtime with seniors, maybe he will get a chance versus Ulster.
There is obviously a reason. It's not like the lads are afraid to throw young lads in there.
Yeah there hasn't been as many injuries at hooker or any really.
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

The Kelleher thing is a bit weird given that our established second/third hookers are hardly world beaters and it's not really a risk given that our conference has been over as a contest since Christmas. I'd say there's something going on we don't know about, Leo and Lancaster are hardly afraid of throwing young players in.