Leinster v Benetton Sat 6 Apr KO 19:45 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Benetton Sat 6 Apr KO 19:45 TG4

Post by wixfjord »

Byrne, Tracy, Porter, Kearney, Toner, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, JGP, Byrne, Lowe, Henshaw/Reid, COB, Daly, RK
Byrne, Dooley, Bent, Dunne, Penney, McCarthy, Frawley, Reid/DK
Last edited by wixfjord on April 4th, 2019, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Rob and SOB are both in Dubai, so I'm guessing most of the Ireland players are off this week.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Might be a chance to get Abdaladze some more minutes off the bench.

Will Ross Byrne play? I'd have thought he wouldn't be risked after his exertions against Ulster and given the doubts over Sexton.

Deegan at openside ahead of Penny, for me - to develop the option of picking him there against Toulouse.

Byrne, Tracy, Porter, Toner, Kearney, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, O'Sullivan, Frawley, Lowe, O'Brien, O'Brien, McFadden, Daly

Byrne, Dooley, Abdaladze, Dowling, Penny, Patterson, Reid, Tomane/Mullin
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

We can afford to mess around a bit here, we shouldn't hesitate to throw players like Abdaladze in ahead of Bent for example. Frawley at 10 for me as well, he hasn't seen much time since the intercept against Munster and hasn't been great when he has played, but he's a talented player. It would be good to see Harry Byrne make his debut at some point over the next few weeks.

Deegan is a natural 8 but he has the game to play all three positions, SOB is offering nothing right now, giving Deegan another game at 7 with Toulouse in mind is the right move. I think we should give Luke another start, we'll need him at his best against Toulouse.

I'd go for something like: Byrne, Tracy, Porter, Toner, Fardy, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, McGrath, Frawley, Lowe, Henshaw/O'Brien, O'Brien, Ferg, Daly with Kelleher, McGrath, Abdaladze, Dunne, Mick Kearney, O'Sullivan, Hardy Byrne and Tomane on the bench.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Rob and SOB are both in Dubai, so I'm guessing most of the Ireland players are off this week.
2 guys who could do with game time
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Most of the Leinster Irish players maybe off this week!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Games at 19.45 suck.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Will be interesting to see who gets picked to play.

With the Champions Cup semi final just a fortnight away, here are the players who need gametime, in an effort to find some level of continuity :-

Devin Toner, SOB, Luke McGrath, Nick McCarthy, Johnny Sexton, Rob Henshaw, Gary Rinrose, James Lowe, Rob Kearney, Jordan Larmour

I wonder how many will be "rotated" again this week, - SOB, Jack Conan and RK are in Dubai !
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

leinster23 wrote:We can afford to mess around a bit here, we shouldn't hesitate to throw players like Abdaladze in ahead of Bent for example. Frawley at 10 for me as well, he hasn't seen much time since the intercept against Munster and hasn't been great when he has played, but he's a talented player. It would be good to see Harry Byrne make his debut at some point over the next few weeks.

Deegan is a natural 8 but he has the game to play all three positions, SOB is offering nothing right now, giving Deegan another game at 7 with Toulouse in mind is the right move. I think we should give Luke another start, we'll need him at his best against Toulouse.

I'd go for something like: Byrne, Tracy, Porter, Toner, Fardy, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, McGrath, Frawley, Lowe, Henshaw/O'Brien, O'Brien, Ferg, Daly with Kelleher, McGrath, Abdaladze, Dunne, Mick Kearney, O'Sullivan, Hardy Byrne and Tomane on the bench.
To a certain extent though one of the issues we faced vs Ulster was that we were completely undercooked and our execution was very poor as a consequence.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

McCarthy isn't in the squad - however the point stands with regard to O'Sullivan
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Flash Gordon wrote:To a certain extent though one of the issues we faced vs Ulster was that we were completely undercooked and our execution was very poor as a consequence.
100%. I think I’d go relatively strong this week and rotate against Glasgow.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

McGrath, Tracey, Porter, Kearney, Fardy, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, McGrath, Reid, Lowe, Tomane, O'Brien, McFadden, Daly
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Leinster Rugby team, as sponsored by Bank of Ireland, to take on Benetton Rugby in the Guinness PRO14 tomorrow evening at the RDS Arena has been named by Head Coach Leo Cullen (KO: 7.45pm – live on TG4 & eir Sport).

Tickets for the game are still on sale HERE or from the Ticketmaster van which will be positioned just inside the Anglesea Road gate from 6.15pm tomorrow evening.

Barry Daly comes in at full back with Fergus McFadden on the right wing and James Lowe on the left.

Australian international Joe Tomane is partnered in the centre by Mullingar man Conor O’Brien, with captain Luke McGrath and Noel Reid the half backs.

In the pack Jack McGrath, James Tracy and Andrew Porter are selected to start in the front row with Mick Kearney and Scott Fardy in the second row.

In the back row, Josh Murphy, Max Deegan and Caelan Doris complete the starting XV for Leo Cullen.

On the bench Scott Penny is included for the first time since starring for Ireland in their Grand Slam winning Under 20’s Six Nations campaign.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Barry Daly (34)
14. Fergus McFadden (176)
13. Conor O’Brien (16)
12. Joe Tomane (10)
11. James Lowe (25)
10. Noel Reid (119)
9. Luke McGrath (108) CAPTAIN
1. Jack McGrath (142)
2. James Tracy (88)
3. Andrew Porter (50)
4. Mick Kearney (50)
5. Scott Fardy (39)
6. Josh Murphy (19)
7. Max Deegan (39)
8. Caelan Doris (12)

16. Bryan Byrne (38)
17. Peter Dooley (59)
18. Michael Bent (119)
19. Jack Dunne (3)
20. Scott Penny (4)
21. Hugh O’Sullivan (11)
22. Ciarán Frawley (11)
23. Jimmy O’Brien (6)

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
I have Bumbleflex
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Doc wrote:McGrath, Tracey, Porter, Kearney, Fardy, Murphy, Deegan, Doris, McGrath, Reid, Lowe, Tomane, O'Brien, McFadden, Daly
Subs : Byrne, Dooley, Bent, Dunne, Penny, O'Sullivan, Frawley, O'brien
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

None of the injured players back, a start for Jack and Tomane at 12, no sign of Kelleher sigh
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

bails wrote:Will be interesting to see who gets picked to play.

With the Champions Cup semi final just a fortnight away, here are the players who need gametime, in an effort to find some level of continuity :-

Devin Toner, SOB, Luke McGrath, Nick McCarthy, Johnny Sexton, Rob Henshaw, Gary Rinrose, James Lowe, Rob Kearney, Jordan Larmour

I wonder how many will be "rotated" again this week, - SOB, Jack Conan and RK are in Dubai !

As I thought, only 2 of above play this weekend.

I hope we don't live to regret our continuity, as players are not robots.

PLAYERS NEED TO PLAY !
geologyrocks
Beginner

Post by geologyrocks »

bails wrote:
bails wrote:Will be interesting to see who gets picked to play.

As I thought, only 2 of above play this weekend.

I hope we don't live to regret our continuity, as players are not robots.

PLAYERS NEED TO PLAY !
Nick McCarthy played for UCD last night. Ringrose and Larmour don't really need gametime, neither have looked undercooked. Lowe and McGrath are playing and Sexton, Henshaw and Toner might not be right.

I don't think a lot of this is rotation.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Nothing getting through that 10/12 channel!

Noel Reid closing in on Bill Johnstons number of starts at 10 this season. For the good of Irish Rugby!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Like the pack. Nice to see Porter get a start and good to see Penny on the bench. Kearney's form makes that second row look a lot stronger than it would have done a few months back.

As much as I like Noel, not liking the fact that we seem to be wrapping Ross in cotton wool because it points to us being worried about either himself or Johnny, or maybe both. Thought Ross looked injured last week but a few reports said it was just cramp...hmmm. That reminds me that I still think his fitness might have played a part in his 6N omission, he really does go down with cramp an awful lot.

Can't understand why we'd go with Tomane at 12. I don't mind him getting games to get up to speed, but COB should really be at 12 and after his last performance I think 23 is where Tomane should be.

It's unlikely to happen but would love to see Tommy O'Brien before the end of season, not sure how bad his injury is.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

COB is an odd call at 13.........12 surely.