Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Post by FLIP »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Just seen it on Youtube. How was that not a red? That was shocking :shock:

Would love to hear the reasons they talked that down to a yellow
Poite should be raked over the coals for this. Entirely unsafe refereeing at best, corruption and bias at the worst.
Anyone But New Zealand
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

JohnB wrote:Not only did Tekori hit him in the head with his shoulder he also seemed to hold onto his arm on the ground which appears to have contributed to his shoulder damage. I’ll be amazed if he is not cited.

That is right. I am pretty sure he will be cited, but will he be before or after the HCup Semi final?

Toulouse used several time violence today against a B side of Clermont. It is ok in Top14, it could be useless next week.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Would anyone really drop Ruddock for Fardy? Can’t see it. Ruddocks been tearing it up especially in the HCC, been excellent this season. I’m a fan of Fardy but the captain won’t be dropped to make way for him. For me it’s more a question of whether he starts or benches. Deegan with a fighters chance of starting at 7 ahead of SOB.

Think if there was a chance of HOS making the bench ahead of JCB we’d have seen more of him in the game gone that didn’t mean anything. We’ll see I suppose. Don’t think JTC gave a great account of himself on Saturday, it was like a bad impression of Luke (complete with a few wayward passes). Just seems like if he’s not trying to whip it out ASAP he takes too long or makes the “wrong” decision. It was weird game though and the fizz really went out of it when Furlong went off injured IMO. We weren’t all that bothered after that really.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

I think Patterson might have been a better bet than O'Sullivan, but he'd probably have needed some gametime in recent matches to be in the running.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

VGE wrote:
JohnB wrote:Not only did Tekori hit him in the head with his shoulder he also seemed to hold onto his arm on the ground which appears to have contributed to his shoulder damage. I’ll be amazed if he is not cited.

That is right. I am pretty sure he will be cited, but will he be before or after the HCup Semi final?

Toulouse used several time violence today against a B side of Clermont. It is ok in Top14, it could be useless next week.

Au revoir.
Only saw the first half but couldn't believe there was no sanction against the Toulouse 6 for his late hit on Nanai Williams. Should have been a yellow card and a penalty on the restart for Clermont.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

FLIP wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Just seen it on Youtube. How was that not a red? That was shocking :shock:

Poite should be raked over the coals for this. Entirely unsafe refereeing at best, corruption and bias at the worst.
It was another amazing display of non-refereeing by Poite. Apart from the incredible non-red, he completely ignored players flying in from the side and off their feet.
The hooker being stretchered off (in a neck brace) effectively won the game for Toulouse. Clermont lost most, if not all, of their own lineouts afterwards - Parra was throwing.
Dont Panic!
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Dexter wrote:
FLIP wrote:

It was another amazing display of non-refereeing by Poite. Apart from the incredible non-red, he completely ignored players flying in from the side and off their feet.
The hooker being stretchered off (in a neck brace) effectively won the game for Toulouse. Clermont lost most, if not all, of their own lineouts afterwards - Parra was throwing.

Parra then Laidlaw. We lost all our lineouts that way and probably the game because of it. Note the yellow card against Fritz Lee 3 mns after the one against Tekori, remember the non yellow card(s) when Nanaï Williams had been targeted, try to hear how Poite explains to justify a yellow card against Tekori (non intentional for him), you can begin to understand why french rugby is sick.

Anyway, Toulouse can't play that kind of game in European Cup, unless they would try to play with 3 red cards. But some of them players got a real talent. Look at Kolbe's try, he can beat 3 players even with a involuntarily sliding. They can score each time you lose the ball. So don't lose it, and see you in Newcastle.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Only saw the second half yesterday but what a game that was. It's a real pity that Clermont aren't in the Champions Cup, they're easily one of the best teams in Europe and play great stuff.

Curious to see where Dupont starts next week. The commentator thought it was a given that he'll be back at 9 but I wouldn't be so sure. Kaino very flat footed and acres of space in behind for that chip through try off the back of a lineout for Clermont.

The Tekori thing was a clear red card and I really don't understand how it wasn't, clear shoulder to the head. I would love if World Rugby used that incident to outlaw tackling on the wrong side. That's what puts people in a dangerous position (both the tackler and tackled player) and makes it dangerous every single time it happens. How many times do we see someone scrambling across to save a try and then getting injured because they went with the wrong shoulder?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The more I think of it the more I think that Poite was told to keep his red card in his pocket so that Toulouse weren't affected next week. It couldn't been more obvious that it was a red.

Hope the player who went off is alright, haven't heard anything.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

God, I love the week leading into the European knockout stages. Full Leinster gear all week long.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The more I think of it the more I think that Poite was told to keep his red card in his pocket so that Toulouse weren't affected next week. It couldn't been more obvious that it was a red.

Béhérégaray (the hooker) is ok.

And Poite has always been a poor referee with violence.

Au revoir.
Last edited by VGE on April 15th, 2019, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

It's not exactly sold out (so far) - not the first time semi finals tickets are difficult to shift. Don't know if it's (a) pricing, (b) quick turnaround, (c) the marketing of them - or all three
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

VGE wrote:
Merci!
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

The Doc wrote:It's not exactly sold out (so far) - not the first time semi finals tickets are difficult to shift. Don't know if it's (a) pricing, (b) quick turnaround, (c) the marketing of them - or all three
I would say it's mainly the pricing and it being on Easter Sunday
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Leinster Lout wrote:
The Doc wrote:It's not exactly sold out (so far) - not the first time semi finals tickets are difficult to shift. Don't know if it's (a) pricing, (b) quick turnaround, (c) the marketing of them - or all three
I would say it's mainly the pricing and it being on Easter Sunday
Coupled with pi**ed off STH's at the seat selection we were offered as long-term supporters.

But, main factor from conversations on Sat is already organised family gatherings on Easter Sunday - now commencing at 12.30 and including watching the game on the box!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Weather is going to be cracking for game day anyway. Looking forward to it.

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A sudden rainstorm pre-kick off would suit us fine!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

VGE wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:The more I think of it the more I think that Poite was told to keep his red card in his pocket so that Toulouse weren't affected next week. It couldn't been more obvious that it was a red.

And Poite has always been a poor referee with violence.

Au revoir.
Glad to hear it, it was a really nasty incident. I can't for the life of me understand how that wasn't a straight red. There were a number of cheap shots and late hits during the game which were nasty but that hit could have caused very very serious injury. That has to be a citing and ban.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Ok doesn't mean safe. He will probably not play for a while.

Top 14 is out of time. Toulouse is said to play a "beautiful game" but played in a violent register yesterday. Poite is unable to make a good job in that kind of situation, that is not new.

Imo at least Tekori, Arnold and Elstad should be cited. Anyway, if so, it could be after the european semi.

Au revoir.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Have to say, still worried about our lack of form

It was good to see Robbie and Dev back but overall we still haven't clicked at all this side of Christmas.