Sean Cronin

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

COYBIB
Enlightened

Sean Cronin

Post by COYBIB »

Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I think Sean Cronin deserves special mention for scoring his 34th and 35th try over the weekend, moving him to 8th in the list of leading all time try scorers, only Jamie Heaslip has scored more tries as a forward (38) and he sits above the likes of Luke Fitzgerald, Felipe Contepomi and Girvan Dempsey in the ranks, incredible achievement. :happy clapper:
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
RAILWAY1
Learner

Re: Sean Cronin

Post by RAILWAY1 »

Good going for a former Shannon underage player
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

RAILWAY1 wrote:Good going for a former Shannon underage player
And his brother is getting game time too down below, he looked good too hope he dosent get pushed out next year because of the classic southern combo of an NIQ and a young leinster player being moved.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

COYBIB wrote:Don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I think Sean Cronin deserves special mention for scoring his 34th and 35th try over the weekend, moving him to 8th in the list of leading all time try scorers, only Jamie Heaslip has scored more tries as a forward (38) and he sits above the likes of Luke Fitzgerald, Felipe Contepomi and Girvan Dempsey in the ranks, incredible achievement. :happy clapper:
Fair play to him when you consider that Schmidt rates rob herring as a better hooker!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

We sometimes tend to be a bit static in first receiver position when it's not clicking for us.

Cronin is immune to that which is really useful. First try at the weekend was a case in point. He was the only one of about 4 players who made a run (Molony did well too to hit him)
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

He does great running lines off the ball and always manages to get the soft shoulder to score. Most world class centres would love to have his scoring stats.

Has been brilliant for us and solidifies the fact that we have the best front row in world club rugby. I know this is Cronin love-in page, but just wanted to also shout out for Andrew Porter who simply seems to be growing into a huge asset for leinster and a player who leads his team mates by example with the work he gets through around the pitch as well. What a competition we have going for all the front row slots.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I absolutely love Cronin. People regularly talk about Isa, Elsom, Lowe, Felipe etc as our best signings but Cronin has to be right up there. Superb asset. I don't follow the Leinster legends t-shirt thing closely but this guy deserves a mention if he hasn't already been made one.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I sincerely hope that Cronin is not finishing up with us, he has been a top quality player for us.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

leaving a leinster legend.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 18th, 2021, 6:39 pm leaving a leinster legend.
One of our greatest and most under rated players. I remember watching him play for Shannon in an AIL final at Lansdowne Road and he scored a couple of half of the length of the field tries Jordan Larmour would have been proud of. Since then he's been one of our best. His try scoring record for Leinster is nothing short of freakish, an incredibly talented athlete. Very disappoint to see him go if that is the case.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

the natural order of things given his age.. i reckon he won't be the only player in his mid 30's to finish up.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Good player Cronin, like having an extra 3/4 on the pitch with his speed and running ability, got lots of trys and had a top career.
I still recall him skinning biggar on the outside down the liberty!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

What a servant, if he does go he's owes us nothing.

42 tries and counting, same as Rob Kearney and most for a forward.
13 in 2018/19 alone (6 in the Heino), only Dr. Phil in 2005/06 with 15 has scored more in a season this century
16 tries in the Heino, same as Isa.
Scored tries in the.......
2012 Pro12 Final v Ospreys
2012 Heino Final v Ulster
2013 Challenge Cup Final v Stade
2016 Pro12 Final v Connacht
2018 Pro14 Final v Scarlets

Other notable tries include semi-final tries v Ulster (2016) and that marvelous team try v Munster in the 2019 semi.

Anyone remember the first try for Leinster scored against Montpellier away in 2011? Big one that.
More points than appearances!
Woven into this clubs fabric is Sean Cronin.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Incredible amount of games too.

191 for Leinster
62 for Connacht
2 for Munster
72 for Ireland (an additional 11 for the A/Wolfhounds)

Nearly 200 appearances for Leinster is incredible given he only made his debut for us at 25. He has had his fair share of injuries too.

Unbelievable servant to Irish and Leinster Rugby
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Absolutel ledge
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Incredible servant, going on 10 years since he joined and he’s been immense
Massively underrated outside of Leinster but I think we’ve seen in spades what a huge contribution he’s made
Try scoring record is outrageous and the amount of big try’s he’s scored too over the years
Coming up on nearby 325 pro games too, some career really when it’s broken down

Heard he’s selling up his house which isn’t a great sign but you never know could get another year, would be great to see
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: February 19th, 2021, 11:47 am Incredible amount of games too.

191 for Leinster
62 for Connacht
2 for Munster
72 for Ireland (an additional 11 for the A/Wolfhounds)

Nearly 200 appearances for Leinster is incredible given he only made his debut for us at 25. He has had his fair share of injuries too.

Unbelievable servant to Irish and Leinster Rugby
That’s incredible stats if you take into account the Irfu player management as well
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

blockhead wrote: February 19th, 2021, 11:01 am What a servant, if he does go he's owes us nothing.

13 in 2018/19 alone (6 in the Heino), only Dr. Phil in 2005/06 with 15 has scored more in a season this century

Other notable tries include semi-final tries v Ulster (2016) and that marvelous team try v Munster in the 2019 semi.

Anyone remember the first try for Leinster scored against Montpellier away in 2011? Big one that.
And he's only gone and signed a new contract, cool.
:green clap:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:11 pm
blockhead wrote: February 19th, 2021, 11:01 am What a servant, if he does go he's owes us nothing.

And he's only gone and signed a new contract, cool.
:green clap:
I'm fuqing delighted. We have a roster with serious potential in this position and a stalwart like Cronin will be important for the team and the development of two very different specimens in Dan and Ró
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Really happy about this. One of our most consistently exciting players.