A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v Toulouse

Post by mildlyinterested »

El Diablo wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
El Diablo wrote:It's Dave Kearney to start. So the back line will be Luke, RB, ROL, Ringer, DK, Adam B., & Larmour.
Rhys captain at 6.
nice to see you still posting. :clap:

Yeah figured that.

any word on Leavy/Toner?
I haven't gone away you know!!
They are both out. Pack: Tiger, Cronin, Healy, Fardy, Ryan, RR, Jack & VDF.
:clap:

balls, huge task tomorrow so.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I reckon we might need halfbacks and doubt Marsh will make it back in time but like it apart from that.
:oops:

Don't post after a boozy lunch kids.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

I wonder who they'll have facing Kolbe? None of that back 3 jump out at you for the role.
But then very few anywhere would!
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

tomthefan wrote:I wonder who they'll have facing Kolbe? None of that back 3 jump out at you for the role.
For me I’d want ROL there if he’s not playing centre. His defence is one of the best parts of his game, an excellent reader of the game. If ROL plays 12 it will be DK if he’s fit.....
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

tomthefan wrote:I wonder who they'll have facing Kolbe? None of that back 3 jump out at you for the role.
I think Kolbe changes wings depending on who else gets picked but if he was at 11 I would like to see Adam Byrne up against him. Take away what he is good at, open field running, don't kick poorly to him like we did in the first game, make him work in defence by having Byrne contesting kicks and running at him. Do what we can to take away his tools, he is good enough without us facilitating him like we did in October.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

What a waste to have risked so many players for a meaningless game against Munster.
Hopefully this IRFU meddling in our player selection/availability doesn't scupper our season.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Ireland taking priority over Leinster once again.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

It is a shame that we are missing so many key players. Like many here I suspect that they are not being risked due the imminence of the 6Ns. However, I do trust in the depth of the Leinster squad and I think that the replacements will be able to do the job tomorrow with home advantage being a decisive factor.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

curates_egg wrote:What a waste to have risked so many players for a meaningless game against Munster.
Hopefully this IRFU meddling in our player selection/availability doesn't scupper our season.
Kearney did not play against Munster
Henshaw did not play against Munster
Leavy did not play against Munster
Toner did not play against Munster

Lowe is an NIQ and got suspended it could have happened the following week against Ulster.

Sexton picked up an injury, would you have played him against Ulster or would you only play Sexton in European matches?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

OTT wrote:
curates_egg wrote:What a waste to have risked so many players for a meaningless game against Munster.

Lowe is an NIQ and got suspended it could have happened the following week against Ulster.

Sexton picked up an injury, would you have played him against Ulster or would you only play Sexton in European matches?
+1

We can't blame the IRFU for everything. The Munster game was two weeks ago and should have been great prep for this, can't imagine there's any IRFU involvement for tomorrow, maybe in the last game if we were already through, but not for a game like tomorrow.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
OTT wrote:

+1

We can't blame the IRFU for everything. The Munster game was two weeks ago and should have been great prep for this, can't imagine there's any IRFU involvement for tomorrow, maybe in the last game if we were already through, but not for a game like tomorrow.
Lancaster said any injury decisions weren't a leinster only decision.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think people focus way too much on who's missing at times like this. We still have an excellent side and would have been planning without Dev and Sexton for a while now. I know Rob was missed in Toulouse (more than I thought he'd be tbf) but Dev is the one who I think we might miss most tomorrow, even just the pressure he puts on the scrumhalf clearing is immense and would have gone a long way to piling on the pressure.

If ROL has a big game tomorrow then I'd love to see him get back into the Ireland squad. I know it's unlikely at this stage but IMO Addison is the only player who should be ahead of him for that versatile slot for the WC.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

mildlyinterested wrote:

Lancaster said any injury decisions weren't a leinster only decision.
And that does not equate to them telling us not to play someone.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

El Diablo wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
El Diablo wrote:It's Dave Kearney to start. So the back line will be Luke, RB, ROL, Ringer, DK, Adam B., & Larmour.
Rhys captain at 6.

Yeah figured that.

any word on Leavy/Toner?
Prediction: Ryan and Ringrose to hit new personal performance highs (PBs) for Leinster along with Furlong. For that to be enough, we need Luke and Ross Byrne to play to their full potential. Play for position. Apply RDS pressure (16th man/woman&child) and develop scoreboard momentum with some 3-pointers and lineout-maul scores. Then control the ball and total concentration in D. 4 points not 5. But a W nonetheless.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

backrower8 wrote:
El Diablo wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

Yeah figured that.

any word on Leavy/Toner?
Prediction: Ryan and Ringrose to hit new personal performance highs (PBs) for Leinster along with Furlong. For that to be enough, we need Luke and Ross Byrne to play to their full potential. Play for position. Apply RDS pressure (16th man/woman&child) and develop scoreboard momentum with some 3-pointers and lineout-maul scores. Then control the ball and total concentration in D. 4 points not 5. But a W nonetheless.
I'll but that!

Where do I sign up :D
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
backrower8 wrote:Prediction: Ryan and Ringrose to hit new personal performance highs (PBs) for Leinster along with Furlong. For that to be enough, we need Luke and Ross Byrne to play to their full potential. Play for position. Apply RDS pressure (16th man/woman&child) and develop scoreboard momentum with some 3-pointers and lineout-maul scores. Then control the ball and total concentration in D. 4 points not 5. But a W nonetheless.
I'll but that!

Where do I sign up :D
Paddy Power 8)

Ringer and Ryan are being looked to step up and lead more than ever as the world class players they are and given the loss of more senior colleagues in the backline, 2nd row & line-out. Turbo-Tadhg too but he has been a leader for a while now.

18 mins and counting!!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

olaf the fat wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Franno had a good question in his article; Have Leinster become easy to read?

Maybe..
Same question can be asked about Franno -- different answer
Boom- boom :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Jordan Larmour (31)
14. Adam Byrne (46)
13. Garry Ringrose (58)
12. Rory O’Loughlin (52)
11. Dave Kearney (128)
10. Ross Byrne (60)
9. Luke McGrath (105)
1. Cian Healy (200)
2. Sean Cronin (164)
3. Tadhg Furlong (94)
4. Scott Fardy (33)
5. James Ryan (24)
6. Rhys Ruddock (153) CAPTAIN
7. Josh van der Flier (69)
8. Jack Conan (83)

16. James Tracy (81)
17. Ed Byrne (34)
18. Andrew Porter (43)
19. Ross Molony (76)
20. Max Deegan (No 8)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (63)
22. Noel Reid (111)
23 . Conor O’Brien (10)

Referee: Luke Pearce (RFU)
Last edited by QBer on January 11th, 2019, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

no jack mcgrath either
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

mildlyinterested wrote:no jack mcgrath either
He didn't train on Monday...damn!
Dont Panic!