Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

Post by The Doc »

the spoofer wrote:George Clancy on Saturday.
Can the two teams agree beforehand to just not have any scrums - pointless with him
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Did EPCR game last weekend and was fine. Has a natural affinity with whoever Leinster are playing against, but not afraid to make real decisions. Prefer him to lots of others.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

OTT wrote:
outcast eddie wrote:Off the top of my head I can only think of James Ryan as the only loaned player to return. There must be more but I can’t think of any.

Think Cooney returned for a few minutes in a home loss to the Dragons in one of the craziest bits of player management of the MOC era.
He did and the following week he was back playing for Connacht - again v Dragons except this time the game was in Rodney Parade and JC was MOTM
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Did EPCR game last weekend and was fine. Has a natural affinity with whoever Leinster are playing against, but not afraid to make real decisions. Prefer him to lots of others.
Seriously? What other refs that are still reffing are more biased against Leinster than him?
Fitzgibbon is retired. Lacey was the least biased of the Munster Branch refs IMO. I cannot think of another ref still in the game that systematically refs Leinster off the park.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

curates_egg wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
Seriously? What other refs that are still reffing are more biased against Leinster than him?
Fitzgibbon is retired. Lacey was the least biased of the Munster Branch refs IMO. I cannot think of another ref still in the game that systematically refs Leinster off the park.
I don’t think Ckany’s biased- just terrible. Pedantic- yet misses loads, and with no feel for a game.

Lacey was fine by me. We need to leave the blue tinted specs off here a bit on officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

artaneboy wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
I don’t think Ckany’s biased- just terrible. Pedantic- yet misses loads, and with no feel for a game.

Lacey was fine by me. We need to leave the blue tinted specs off here a bit on officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree on Lacey. Never had a problem with him.

I think it is reasonable, despite my blue-tinted specs, to claim that both Fitzgibbon and Clancy systematically reffed Leinster off the park in Irish derbies. You can find whatever euphemism you want to describe that, but I'm happy with biased.
If it wasn't systematic - say Poite's performance in the Pro12 final - then I would say it were simply bad reffing.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Don't think Clancy is quite at the level of Fitzgibbon as yet.

Fitzgibbon should have been barred from going within 2 miles of a rugby ground.

Clancy is better, although he is prone to making up his own laws at times, which unfortunately he forgets later in the game.
All anyone asks is consistency and the application of the laws as they stand.
Can't always guarantee that with George.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

bails wrote:Don't think Clancy is quite at the level of Fitzgibbon as yet.

Clancy is better, although he is prone to making up his own laws at times, which unfortunately he forgets later in the game.
Oooh! Just waiting for Aristotle's taxonomy of the animal kingdom to kick in. Any minute now.......
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

Would like to see both Byrne brothers from the start on Saturday, especially Brian.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:Would like to see both Byrne brothers from the start on Saturday, especially Brian.
Initially thought you meant Ross and Harry and wasn't sure where you'd fit both in. When you include Adam, we have too many Byrnes,
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

D4surfer wrote:
Leinsterlunatic wrote:Would like to see both Byrne brothers from the start on Saturday, especially Brian.
Initially thought you meant Ross and Harry and wasn't sure where you'd fit both in. When you include Adam, we have too many Byrnes,
Could you image the commentary...Throw in from Byrne, taken a the front by his brother Byrne and quickly on to not his brother Byrne, back inside to his brother Byrne and a cross field kick for no ones brother Byrne tapped down to Bryan Byrne and quick hands to O'Brien and popped up for O'Brien no relation ...back inside to O'Brien still no relation...Tackled, Set up, clear out from McGrath and pick and go from Mcgrath..

... not to mention Kearney x3 or 2 other O'Briens in the Academy and 2 O'Sullivans
Last edited by R-Dog on December 20th, 2018, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

R-Dog wrote:
D4surfer wrote:
Could you image the commentary...Throw in from Byrne, taken a the front by his brother Byrne and quickly on to not his brother Byrne, back inside to his brother Byrne and a cross field kick for no ones brother Byrne tapped down to Bryan Byrne and quick hands to O'Brien and popped up for O'Brien no relation ...back inside to O'Brien still no relation...Tackled, Set up, clear out from McGrath and pick and go from Mcgrath..
Big hit from the Byrne brothers on Beirne, Byrne swoops in to clean up.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Needs more Kearneys.

Oh, and it's why Beirne had to go too much confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNBy1D1Y0h4
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Are we to reliant on a few names in Leinster rugby. What if these names stop coming through, what if the Michaels or Rock or Clongowes have a change in focus and stop letting these surnames enrol. Currently over half of the Leinster squad are made up of a few similar surnames.

Concerned Leinster addict :mullet 1:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

5 Byrne's
3 Kearney's
3 O'Briens
2 Daly's
2 McGrath's

That's a decent starting 15...
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

And a partridge on a pear tree
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

OTT wrote:Are we to reliant on a few names in Leinster rugby. What if these names stop coming through, what if the Michaels or Rock or Clongowes have a change in focus and stop letting these surnames enrol. Currently over half of the Leinster squad are made up of a few similar surnames.

Now that's a really good question... hopefully it will be covered on OTB or a reputable podcast.
Dont Panic!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

OTT wrote:Are we to reliant on a few names in Leinster rugby. What if these names stop coming through, what if the Michaels or Rock or Clongowes have a change in focus and stop letting these surnames enrol. Currently over half of the Leinster squad are made up of a few similar surnames.

:happy clapper:
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Dexter wrote:

Now that's a really good question... hopefully it will be covered on OTB or a reputable podcast.
And there we have Kimmages next crusade confirmed :lol:

He might be on to something with this one. More so that he usually is
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

riocard911 wrote:
bails wrote:Don't think Clancy is quite at the level of Fitzgibbon as yet.

Oooh! Just waiting for Aristotle's taxonomy of the animal kingdom to kick in. Any minute now.......

In Aristotle's taxonomy of the animal kingdom, one could be in the arse species, and the other in the arsehole species