A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Flag gate

Post by artaneboy »

johng wrote:
Dexter wrote:You talking to yourself again John? :wink:
Hey. At least I can have an intelligent conversation.

So. To sum up. Youtube embed.

On samsung internet on android. I get a square with "this plugin is not supported"

On google chrome on android. It works fine.

On google chrome on Mac. it works fine.

On safari on Mac. it works fine. (I take it back Apple)

On Firefox on a mac. Just blank. No errors or indeed anything at all to indicate that there might be anything missing.

On Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox on a PC. It works fine.

Busy afternoon here at the test labs.....
Yeah- you can let all that go too! [cue another splurge of posts...]
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

artaneboy wrote:
johng wrote:
Dexter wrote:You talking to yourself again John? :wink:
Hey. At least I can have an intelligent conversation.

On samsung internet on android. I get a square with "this plugin is not supported"

On Firefox on a mac. Just blank. No errors or indeed anything at all to indicate that there might be anything missing.

Thanks Dad. Was just waiting for the word from you so I could let go. :|
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Fair enough so. That's me told!
Dont Panic!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

johng wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
johng wrote: Hey. At least I can have an intelligent conversation.

Thanks Dad. Was just waiting for the word from you so I could let go. :|
You're welcome son... :twisted:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

They take a flag, you steal a pen. They take your flags to the health and safety authority, you take theirs to the morgue
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Fair play - on page 2 and only 4 and half to go.
God loves triers and Leinster fans love a challenge.
A marriage made in babbling brook.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote:Fair play - on page 2 and only 4 and half to go.

YOU MAY TAKE OUR FLAGS, BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE AWAY OUR FOUR STARS!!!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Jesus I have created a monster
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Fair play - on page 2 and only 4 and half to go.

You may take our flags, but you will never take away our IanDom!!!
Fixed
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

riocard911 wrote:
johng wrote:Yeah I wanted to let it go too..... But now that you've ordered me to I want another 6 pages!
For all the secret Princess Elsa admirers out there, here she is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
Since we’re looking to get this out to 6 pages for John I’ll just say Elsa is a Queen not a Princess
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

In the spirit of trying to drag this thread out:

Booooooooo Bruce Craig (shakes fist angrily) and Mulan (though technically not a Princess or Queen) would kick Elsa's ass.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Xanthippe wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
johng wrote:Yeah I wanted to let it go too..... But now that you've ordered me to I want another 6 pages!
For all the secret Princess Elsa admirers out there, here she is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
Since we’re looking to get this out to 6 pages for John I’ll just say Elsa is a Queen not a Princess
That is technically correct. Like most, if not all, queens, she did however start off as a princess. Courtesy of
Wikipedia:

Elsa, princess of Arendelle and heiress to the throne, is born with the ability to create and control ice and snow. As a child, she uses her abilities to create a winter wonderland to play in with her younger sister and best friend, Princess Anna. One night, Elsa accidentally harms Anna with her powers. The king and queen of Arendelle hurriedly take Anna to a tribe of mountain trolls to be healed. While healing Anna, the trolls inform the royals present that Elsa's abilities will grow, becoming both beautiful and very dangerous so she must learn to control them. While the trolls erase Anna's memory of the incident and of her elder sister's powers in general, Elsa is traumatized by the event. The king and queen take steps to control and hide Elsa's ice powers: the castle gates are locked, Elsa is shut away in her bedroom for most of the time, she is given gloves to help suppress her powers and is told to hold in her emotions as well. Nonetheless her powers continue to grow even stronger and so she becomes fearful of harming those she cares about most. Meanwhile, her sister Anna is less happy and confused by the loss of contact with her elder sister and tries, without success, to coax her out of her room. When the sisters grow into teenagers, the ship in which the king and queen are sailing is capsized in a storm and they drown, leaving Anna and Elsa feeling even more lonely.

Three years pass, and Elsa, now of age, is set to formally succeed her father as the monarch of Arendelle. Though she is afraid of opening the castle to the large crowds, her coronation goes on relatively peacefully. However, at the reception party, Anna asks for Elsa's blessing to marry Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, whom Anna had met earlier that day. Elsa refuses to bless Hans' offer to marry Anna; he is someone she barely knows, prompting an argument between the two. Being so upset Elsa accidentally reveals her power. Upon the guests' and her subjects' horror and being accused of sorcery and called a monster, Elsa flees the castle and retreats into the icy mountains. In the process, her emotions unleash an "eternal" winter throughout Arendelle. While there, she decides to embrace, finally, all her powers and builds an enormous ice palace where she believes she can live freely without fear of hurting people. She also rebuilds her childhood snowman, Olaf, and unknowingly brings him to life.

Anna, determined to find Elsa and bring her back, travels through the mountains, encountering Olaf and a mountain man named Kristoff. They reach the ice palace, where Anna attempts to persuade Elsa to return home and mend their relationship. When Elsa ultimately resists (due to her memory of hurting Anna as a child with her powers resurfacing) Anna tells her about the state that Arendelle and all its people was left in. Horrified, Elsa lashes out and accidentally freezes Anna's heart. Now even more horrified at the prospect of hurting her sister and people with her powers, Elsa forces Anna, Kristoff and Olaf out by creating a gigantic snow creature (called Marshmallow by Olaf), that is a symbol of her desire to be alone so as to be able to use her powers without hurting anyone. After this, her ice castle evidently becomes darker and more grotesque, reflecting her torment and re-ignited fears. Meanwhile, Anna becomes weaker day by day and Kristoff takes her back to the trolls, who tell them that only an "act of true love" can save her life.

Hans and a group of soldiers attack the now ugly ice palace. Elsa seizes two soldiers who attempt to assassinate her. Hans convinces her to spare them to prove that she is not a monster. However, she is knocked unconscious and taken to her castle's dungeon. Hans visits her and urges her to end the winter; Elsa admits that she has no idea how to do so. After he leaves, she is able to break free from the chains by freezing them and escapes the cell, though her fears trigger a massive blizzard. Anna returns to the castle, believing that a romantic kiss from Hans will be the "act of true love" to save her. Instead, he informs her that his offer of marriage (engagement) had been the first step of a plot to get him the throne of Arendelle. Olaf tells Anna that Kristoff is in love with her and she believes that his kiss will cure her. They rush to find Kristoff. Hans confronts Elsa and tells her that she has killed Anna. Devastated, Elsa collapses and the blizzard stops suddenly. Hans approaches her and swings his sword to kill her, but Anna turns away from an approaching Kristoff with her last bit of strength and blocks Hans' attack as she freezes solid.

Moments later, Anna begins to thaw, as her choice to save her sister rather than herself constituted the necessary "act of true love". Elsa realizes that love is the key to controlling her powers and is able to end the kingdom's eternal winter. Summer returns to Arendelle, Elsa regains the throne and is able to use and safely control her powers, while the sisters' bond is restored. She exiles Hans back to the Southern Isles to face punishment from his family and cuts off trade with the Duke of Weselton's town for his earlier behavior towards her.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

In the spirit of 'I don't know what a tracker mortgage is'......

I have never seen Frozen and have no idea what you are all talking about.

I didn't read the above post in case there were spoilers.
Sometimes you just can't win.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
Xanthippe wrote: Since we’re looking to get this out to 6 pages for John I’ll just say Elsa is a Queen not a Princess
That is technically correct. Like most, if not all, queens, she did however start off as a princess. Courtesy of
Wikipedia:

Elsa, princess of Arendelle and heiress to the throne, is born with the ability to create and control ice and snow. As a child, she uses her abilities to create a winter wonderland to play in with her younger sister and best friend, Princess Anna. One night, Elsa accidentally harms Anna with her powers. The king and queen of Arendelle hurriedly take Anna to a tribe of mountain trolls to be healed. While healing Anna, the trolls inform the royals present that Elsa's abilities will grow, becoming both beautiful and very dangerous so she must learn to control them. While the trolls erase Anna's memory of the incident and of her elder sister's powers in general, Elsa is traumatized by the event. The king and queen take steps to control and hide Elsa's ice powers: the castle gates are locked, Elsa is shut away in her bedroom for most of the time, she is given gloves to help suppress her powers and is told to hold in her emotions as well. Nonetheless her powers continue to grow even stronger and so she becomes fearful of harming those she cares about most. Meanwhile, her sister Anna is less happy and confused by the loss of contact with her elder sister and tries, without success, to coax her out of her room. When the sisters grow into teenagers, the ship in which the king and queen are sailing is capsized in a storm and they drown, leaving Anna and Elsa feeling even more lonely.

Three years pass, and Elsa, now of age, is set to formally succeed her father as the monarch of Arendelle. Though she is afraid of opening the castle to the large crowds, her coronation goes on relatively peacefully. However, at the reception party, Anna asks for Elsa's blessing to marry Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, whom Anna had met earlier that day. Elsa refuses to bless Hans' offer to marry Anna; he is someone she barely knows, prompting an argument between the two. Being so upset Elsa accidentally reveals her power. Upon the guests' and her subjects' horror and being accused of sorcery and called a monster, Elsa flees the castle and retreats into the icy mountains. In the process, her emotions unleash an "eternal" winter throughout Arendelle. While there, she decides to embrace, finally, all her powers and builds an enormous ice palace where she believes she can live freely without fear of hurting people. She also rebuilds her childhood snowman, Olaf, and unknowingly brings him to life.

Anna, determined to find Elsa and bring her back, travels through the mountains, encountering Olaf and a mountain man named Kristoff. They reach the ice palace, where Anna attempts to persuade Elsa to return home and mend their relationship. When Elsa ultimately resists (due to her memory of hurting Anna as a child with her powers resurfacing) Anna tells her about the state that Arendelle and all its people was left in. Horrified, Elsa lashes out and accidentally freezes Anna's heart. Now even more horrified at the prospect of hurting her sister and people with her powers, Elsa forces Anna, Kristoff and Olaf out by creating a gigantic snow creature (called Marshmallow by Olaf), that is a symbol of her desire to be alone so as to be able to use her powers without hurting anyone. After this, her ice castle evidently becomes darker and more grotesque, reflecting her torment and re-ignited fears. Meanwhile, Anna becomes weaker day by day and Kristoff takes her back to the trolls, who tell them that only an "act of true love" can save her life.

Hans and a group of soldiers attack the now ugly ice palace. Elsa seizes two soldiers who attempt to assassinate her. Hans convinces her to spare them to prove that she is not a monster. However, she is knocked unconscious and taken to her castle's dungeon. Hans visits her and urges her to end the winter; Elsa admits that she has no idea how to do so. After he leaves, she is able to break free from the chains by freezing them and escapes the cell, though her fears trigger a massive blizzard. Anna returns to the castle, believing that a romantic kiss from Hans will be the "act of true love" to save her. Instead, he informs her that his offer of marriage (engagement) had been the first step of a plot to get him the throne of Arendelle. Olaf tells Anna that Kristoff is in love with her and she believes that his kiss will cure her. They rush to find Kristoff. Hans confronts Elsa and tells her that she has killed Anna. Devastated, Elsa collapses and the blizzard stops suddenly. Hans approaches her and swings his sword to kill her, but Anna turns away from an approaching Kristoff with her last bit of strength and blocks Hans' attack as she freezes solid.

Moments later, Anna begins to thaw, as her choice to save her sister rather than herself constituted the necessary "act of true love". Elsa realizes that love is the key to controlling her powers and is able to end the kingdom's eternal winter. Summer returns to Arendelle, Elsa regains the throne and is able to use and safely control her powers, while the sisters' bond is restored. She exiles Hans back to the Southern Isles to face punishment from his family and cuts off trade with the Duke of Weselton's town for his earlier behavior towards her.
Digging deep!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

IanD wrote:In the spirit of 'I don't know what a tracker mortgage is'......

Not sure you're the target market for Frozen to be honest... Even my daughters are over it now.

That said I find the avoiding spoilers trope in modern culture a bit annoying. Don't engage in a conversation about a film or book with people who are discussing it if you don't want spoilers. Everyone dies in the end.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:
IanD wrote:In the spirit of 'I don't know what a tracker mortgage is'......

Not sure you're the target market for Frozen to be honest... Even my daughters are over it now.

That said I find the avoiding spoilers trope in modern culture a bit annoying. Don't engage in a conversation about a film or book with people who are discussing it if you don't want spoilers. Everyone dies in the end.
Yeah, don't engage in Flag Gate if you don't want to learn about the fate of Elsa. Makes sense.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I was very worried when I saw some errant Leinster flags blowing across the 22 in front of the South Stand during the second half. Someone could have died or spontaneously combusted ffs.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

cormac wrote:I was very worried when I saw some errant Leinster flags blowing across the 22 in front of the South Stand during the second half. Someone could have died or spontaneously combusted ffs.
There were actually a few moments when Bath players (it was blowing in their 22 generally) came close to stepping- and who knows, potentially slipping on it. Now that would have been genuinely ironic- Bruce Craig proved right on their dangers.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

artaneboy wrote:
cormac wrote:I was very worried when I saw some errant Leinster flags blowing across the 22 in front of the South Stand during the second half. Someone could have died or spontaneously combusted ffs.
There were actually a few moments when Bath players (it was blowing in their 22 generally) came close to stepping- and who knows, potentially slipping on it. Now that would have been genuinely ironic- Bruce Craig proved right on their dangers.
I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to see something happen so much at a rugby match. It would have been absolutely hilarious if a Bath player had slipped on a wet flag - would have been even funnier if, in slipping, he’d missed the tackle and allowed us to run in a try.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

olaf the fat wrote: December 14th, 2018, 9:58 am Our flags are made by the same company that makes Bath's flags, but are a different model! (Leinster model?)

Is Bruce Craig from Belfast? they are really into their flegs up there
What’s the flag situation for the Rec this weekend ?.
Flying wedge