Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Ospreys @ Home Nov. 23rd. Friday 19:35

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jonny tight lips wrote:All the academy year 3 lads getting a go. I don’t see space for two centers and two back three players in the senior squad next year so plenty to play for them.
Disappointed for Deegan only making bench, hope Munster arnt watching
if not starting this game after playing poorly in his last appearance is cause for deegan to leave then he isn't cut out for Leinster long term.

certainly space for 3rd year academy players given JWC will drain resources massively next season.
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

None of tomorrow's Ospreys' starters and only 2 of their bench were involved in the Celtic Cup match vs Leinster 2 months ago (score 53-7).

By contrast, 5 Leinster starters and 5 on the Leinster bench played in that match.

That maybe reflects the fact that the Os are missing fewer players to the national team and that their youngsters are much less ready to step into the breach.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

OSPREYS:
15. J Hook;
14. T Williams,
13. J Thomas,
12. C Allen,
11. L Morgan;
10. S Davies,
9. T Habberfield;
1. R Jones,
2. S Baldwin,
3. T Botha;
4. G Nemsadze,
5. A Beard;
6. O Cracknell (capt),
7. S Cross,

8. M Morris.

Replacements: N Smith, I Phillips, A Jeffries, J Ratti, G Volpi, M Aubrey, T Thomas-Wheeler, H Dirksen.

This is the B team that got hammered by Munster

Bolded are in tomorrows 23, underlined are switched from start to bench etc.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:All the academy year 3 lads getting a go. I don’t see space for two centers and two back three players in the senior squad next year so plenty to play for them.
if not starting this game after playing poorly in his last appearance is cause for deegan to leave then he isn't cut out for Leinster long term.

certainly space for 3rd year academy players given JWC will drain resources massively next season.

I still think Deegan deserves a start in that team, Doris didn’t exactly cover himself in glory in the last game either and Murphy has t gotten going this season. Also from a leinster point of view his experience would be valuable
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Attending the game later on any advice on best area to park car in, cheers in advance
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

flustered wrote:Attending the game later on any advice on best area to park car in, cheers in advance
Safest- Simmonscourt €6.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

flustered wrote:Attending the game later on any advice on best area to park car in, cheers in advance
Shrewsbury Road free, walk through Simmonscourt after for short cut.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

I still think Deegan deserves a start in that team, Doris didn’t exactly cover himself in glory in the last game either and Murphy has t gotten going this season. Also from a leinster point of view his experience would be valuable
Agree with this. Quite a kick in the nuts to Deegan.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
It's a wake up call. Deegan hasn't earned automatic selection. And really he has failed to kick on this season and is well behind Conan at 8.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
It's a wake up call. Deegan hasn't earned automatic selection. And really he has failed to kick on this season and is well behind Conan at 8.
What you would be arguing for is a kick up the arse; what this seems to be is a kick in the nuts (given the form of Murphy this season, and the fact Doris wasn't exactly brilliant either last game, and the fact we are starting a 19 year old).
Hopefully, it serves to bring the best out of Deegan, because I really liked the style of game he was playing at 8 last season, and would be hoping we can get the best out of him.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
What you would be arguing for is a kick up the arse; what this seems to be is a kick in the nuts (given the form of Murphy this season, and the fact Doris wasn't exactly brilliant either last game, and the fact we are starting a 19 year old).
Hopefully, it serves to bring the best out of Deegan, because I really liked the style of game he was playing at 8 last season, and would be hoping we can get the best out of him.
He might end up with a perineal kick at this rate.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
:roll:

I'm sure Leo has given Deegan a through explanation why he isn't starting and the players ahead of him are.

If he wants to take it negatively like you have, that's his problem. He has failed to kick on this season, hopefully this rotation/dropping gets him back on track.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on November 23rd, 2018, 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

joooooe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
He might end up with a perineal kick at this rate.
I guess that would be a compromise :lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Well this is impressive stuff!

Fardy looks head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Dooley having a belter. Josh Murphy and Molony impressive too.

Frawley looks a classy footballer.

I wish Lowe would stop trying to force things though. Needs to show a bit of leadership I think.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

As good as I've seen from Moloney for some time....Frawley looks the business.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Wow, I'm really impressed by Frawley.
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

I don’t know who the Welsh co-commentator is on the TV coverage, but even for a Welshman he is unbelievably myopic. Toland is calling him Sean but no last name. Excuses all over the place, everything is a ‘bit lucky’ or a ‘bit unlucky’ or ‘we don’t have the resources in Wales’, ‘harsh call’...you couldn’t make it up. At 38-0 he says ‘You can proably say technically Leinster are superior but Ospreys are really missing those key players’. Next it’ll be ‘just a flesh wound!’
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

RichardP wrote:I don’t know who the Welsh co-commentator is on the TV coverage, but even for a Welshman he is unbelievably myopic. Toland is calling him Sean but no last name. Excuses all over the place, everything is a ‘bit lucky’ or a ‘bit unlucky’ or ‘we don’t have the resources in Wales’, ‘harsh call’...you couldn’t make it up. At 38-0 he says ‘You can proably say technically Leinster are superior but Ospreys are really missing those key players’. Next it’ll be ‘just a flesh wound!’
Sean Holley I'd say?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Beautiful skill from Noel Reid and Byrne for that try.
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

wixfjord wrote:
RichardP wrote:I don’t know who the Welsh co-commentator is on the TV coverage, but even for a Welshman he is unbelievably myopic. Toland is calling him Sean but no last name. Excuses all over the place, everything is a ‘bit lucky’ or a ‘bit unlucky’ or ‘we don’t have the resources in Wales’, ‘harsh call’...you couldn’t make it up. At 38-0 he says ‘You can proably say technically Leinster are superior but Ospreys are really missing those key players’. Next it’ll be ‘just a flesh wound!’
Sean Holley I'd say?
Probably