Treviso v Leinster 27th Oct

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Treviso v Leinster 27th Oct

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Benetton Rugby:

15 Jayden Hayward, 14 Ratuva Tavuyara, 13 Ignacio Brex, 12 Alberto Sgarbi (C), 11 Monty Ioane, 10 Antonio Rizzi, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Marco Barbini, 7 Michele Lamaro, 6 Giovanni Pettinelli, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Irné Herbst , 3 Marco Riccioni, 2 Hame Faiva, 1 Derrick Appiah.

Available: 16 Tomas Baravalle, 17 Alberto De Marchi, 18 Simone Ferrari, 19 Alessandro Zanni, 20 Marco Lazzaroni, 21 Tito Tebaldi, 22 Tommaso Iannone, 23 Angelo Esposito
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Unless I'm mistaken (and I often am), BT are not playing their internationals. Correct?

There's a few on the bench I recognise alright.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Great to see O'Sullivan on the bench. We need to invest now in giving him gametime.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm surprised we didn't go with my illegal suggestion of playing Fardy, JGP, and Lowe but I like that team a lot.

No surprise that he's there but looking forward to seeing Adam again and it's good that he's in a strong side.

It's a seriously good pack, excited to see what Deegan can do in his proper position behind all those guys. I'm expecting a big game from Leavy as well, he'll need it for his Ireland prospects.

JGP should be raring to go too. Surprised to see HOS on the bench for this one but like how we're not afraid to make those kind of selections.

Predicting the Ireland team for the first two games could be fun!
Seems like HOS will be getting a lot of the "development" minutes that probably would have gone to Nick otherwise as he is still developing himself. Fully expect Nick to still be involved in the bigger games when Lowe and Fardy are in the squad
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

As I've said before that's not how I would approach our scrumhalf situation but still think there's scope to give HOS time anyway, just didn't think it would be this weekend.

Good to see COB back involved as well. Hard to read too much into any selection these days but I wonder if we're trying to leave Tomane out wide more.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Robbie Henshaw (5th) is the only player who's in the top ten for minutes played so far this season to feature this weekend. He's already played more league games this season (4) than he managed in 2017/18 (3).

Player Minutes
James Lowe 480
Jack Conan 465
Jordan Larmour 465
Devin Toner 457
Robbie Henshaw 452
Rhys Ruddock 410
Garry Ringrose 400
Luke McGrath 380
Johnny Sexton 352
Josh van der Flier 331
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

IMO, Ross Byrne is in to sharpen him for a bench spot against Italy. He hasn't played much this Season as JS has been so available as Club Captain. SOB always needs game time to get him back up to speed and Joe may consider that he is underdone at present.

Treviso are well coached by Crowley and Leo and Lancaster are paying him the tribute of taking nothing for granted. Coming off a European loss, it is vital for our Camp that we get back on the horse immediately.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Benetton Rugby:

15 Jayden Hayward, 14 Ratuva Tavuyara, 13 Ignacio Brex, 12 Alberto Sgarbi (C), 11 Monty Ioane, 10 Antonio Rizzi, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Marco Barbini, 7 Michele Lamaro, 6 Giovanni Pettinelli, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Irné Herbst , 3 Marco Riccioni, 2 Hame Faiva, 1 Derrick Appiah.

Available: 16 Tomas Baravalle, 17 Alberto De Marchi, 18 Simone Ferrari, 19 Alessandro Zanni, 20 Marco Lazzaroni, 21 Tito Tebaldi, 22 Tommaso Iannone, 23 Angelo Esposito
Only 3 of the 12 Benetton players in the Italian 23 v Ireland in this 23. Tebaldi who is starting with Lazzaroni and Ruzza who are on the bench next week.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

joooooe wrote:Great to see O'Sullivan on the bench. We need to invest now in giving him gametime.
+1
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

After the high of the Wasps match and the exaltation that followed, Leinster were brought back to earth with a bump last week in Toulouse.

Toulouse were just more up for the fight for the first twenty minutes and Leinster looked a little shell-shocked. They did recover well though to the point where they looked like a bonus point win for Leinster was the most likely outcome. But then Luke McGrath's pass was intercepted for a super team try and Leinster lacked composure when they looked to generate a final winning drive at the end.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Nobody watching? :lol:

Benetton have worked hard and are well organised but I've been disappointed with our forwards in open play. Even taking the weather into account we should be doing better with the collisions and have more linespeed close to the ruck in the same way that Benetton are managing.

Our discipline has been poor, some really annoying penalties that we just didn't need to give away.

Lovely kick from JGP for the first try and delighted to see Adam get in for it. Not really a day for wingers but he took the try and one high ball really well.

Not saying they're playing badly as such but neither Rob or SOB look ready for Ireland IMO.
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

JGP looking full of running in attack and defence - a benefit of having 3 antipods. Rob has gone off injured but did show some footwork in traffic a few times. COB is a big man - which helped him get a try soon after arrival.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Great rip by Fardy
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

Enjoyable to see Henshaw playing at #15; like watching a pit pony on its annual holiday in the fields - not that I'm calling him a pit pony or saying he should play there normally.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Very professional performance in the end. The pack in particular played like they'd a point to prove. Kearney picking up an injury seemed to be the only negative. Even Tomane got a try [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. Happy Days.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Cianostays wrote:Very professional performance in the end. The pack in particular played like they'd a point to prove. Kearney picking up an injury seemed to be the only negative. Even Tomane got a try [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. Happy Days.
Tomane even ripped the ball from the Treviso guy in possession a couple of times. Adam Byrne played well incl. defensively. Thought Conor O'Brien gave a good account of himself, when he came on. He took his try very well.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Good win and thought we improved in the second half. It wasn't a day for wingers but good to see Tomane and Adam play quite well after various difficulties recently. SOB and Rob were both sharper in the second half but Rob's injury looks a bit worrying. Decent cameos from HOS and COB, the latter really could be a great option for us if he can keep that up and kick on a bit.

I know the ball was slippy but I'd like to have seen Ross Byrne play a little bit flatter, we can get a little bit lateral when he stays deep and static. JGP was pretty good, thought his clearance kicks were good when the game was still in the balance and his covering is really good at times.

Now lock the thread and let's never speak of this game again.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Noel Reid looks class against a team that are down and out.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Good, patient performance in poor conditions against a stubborn, abrasive team.

In terms of the backs, A.Byrne showed his prowess in the air and Tomane is starting to look more comfortable. Rob had a good game in terms of both fielding and counter-attack in the 46 mintues he was on the pitch. Henshaw quiet by his standards. Thought R.Byrne and JGP controlled the game well overall.

In terms of the forwards, SOB and J.McGrath are edging back to full fitness, still a bit to go but improving every game. Furlong was prominent in the loose and Porter was excellent when he came on. Our second rows were quiet by their standards and I'm not sure if Deegan fully took the opportunity of a start in virtually the first team.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!