Treviso v Leinster 27th Oct

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Treviso v Leinster 27th Oct

Post by LeinsterLeader »

cormac wrote:Maybe we'll have a slightly stronger side than many are anticipating. Seanie was presumably one of the players on media duty yesterday. He wants a full 80 minutes under his belt before the internationals.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/102 ... d-fitness/
Are Treviso likely to be restricted with selection? Have Italy any Internationals coming before Chicago?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

domhnallj wrote:
tomthefan wrote:
EarthGorilla wrote:Would be amazed if Tomane doesn't play seeing as these are the games he was signed for.
I was just reading your other post there on the Munster thread, where you referred to Munster "poaching" Leinster players.
Perhaps you'd be so kind as to clarify a question I have on earthgorillan?
Am I correct in thinking that it's a signing when a player is brought in and a poaching when a player goes out? :P
I think Tomane was (by his own admission) on his way out of wherever he was in France - a casualty of their new overseas player rules, and Leinster brought him in.
Tomane also actively sought out Leinster.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
cormac wrote:Maybe we'll have a slightly stronger side than many are anticipating. Seanie was presumably one of the players on media duty yesterday. He wants a full 80 minutes under his belt before the internationals.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2018/102 ... d-fitness/
Are Treviso likely to be restricted with selection? Have Italy any Internationals coming before Chicago?
Rather bizarrely Conor O'Shea has already named the Italian team to play Ireland on Saturday week. There are eight Treviso players named to start, five forwards (incl the entire front row) and three backs. Plus four more on the bench.

Hopefully none of them will feature this weekend.

http://www.the42.ie/ian-mckinley-italy- ... =shortlink
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ulster playing some of their internationals tomorrow night (Best, Henderson, Murphy) , so we might not be threadbare
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Ulster playing some of their internationals tomorrow night (Best, Henderson, Murphy) , so we might not be threadbare
Best and Murphy have been injured so it makes sense for them but I'm really surprised about Henderson...the player welfare stuff is impossible to predict this season.

With that said...here's what I'd go with tomorrow :lol:

Jack
Tracy
Bent (but we may well have Porter available now)
Molony
Fardy
SOB
Leavy
Deegan (suspect it will be those three in the back row but probably not in those positions)
JGP
Ross
Lowe
Tomane
ROL
Adam
Frawley

BB
EB
Vakh
Kearney
Doris
Nick
Reid
Kelly
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Ulster playing some of their internationals tomorrow night (Best, Henderson, Murphy) , so we might not be threadbare
Their minutes are significantly less than a lot of our guys however.

Safe to assume a loosehead, Porter, Toner, Leavy, Conan, Ruddock (?), McGrath and Byrne will all travel to Chicago next week so wont be involved.

That leaves the likes of other loosehead, Ryan, Cronin, Furlong, Sexton, Ringrose, Henshaw and Larmour available this weekend but they've all had a serious amount of minutes played back to back in recent weeks.

Unlikely we will see them I reckon
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

The Italian internationals are playing for Zebre v Edinburgh.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Best and Murphy have been injured so it makes sense for them but I'm really surprised about Henderson...the player welfare stuff is impossible to predict this season.

With that said...here's what I'd go with tomorrow :lol:

Jack
Tracy
Bent (but we may well have Porter available now)
Molony
Fardy
SOB
Leavy
Deegan (suspect it will be those three in the back row but probably not in those positions)
JGP
Ross
Lowe
Tomane
ROL
Adam
Frawley

BB
EB
Vakh
Kearney
Doris
Nick
Reid
Kelly
Fardy JGP and Lowe is a non runner
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just copped that I picked all three and was hoping for a sneaky edit before I was called out :lol:

Really don't know who I'd leave out...I'd potentially lean towards Lowe. Maybe JGP isn't 100% yet and could make the decision easier.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ulster and Connacht have announced pretty much fully loaded teams, so we might have more choices than we previously thought
I have Bumbleflex
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I think these few games will be Adam Byrne’s chance to impress / remind the fans that he still exists.

I’d be happy to see Penney or Jack Kelly selected as a bencher for some of these games. Both seem to be faring well in the As, but might be too soon, Penney in particular since he’s not even 20 yet.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Serb wrote:I think these few games will be Adam Byrne’s chance to impress / remind the fans that he still exists.

I’d be happy to see Penney or Jack Kelly selected as a bencher for some of these games. Both seem to be faring well in the As, but might be too soon, Penney in particular since he’s not even 20 yet.
I hope we will see Adam Byrne back in action soon. The lad has incredible talent, Will Greenwood even had him as a potential bolter for the Lions!! He has previously had defensive errors which he has hopefully been working on - though I'd wonder whether they were ever much worse than Tomane's.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Serb wrote:I think these few games will be Adam Byrne’s chance to impress / remind the fans that he still exists.

I hope we will see Adam Byrne back in action soon. The lad has incredible talent, Will Greenwood even had him as a potential bolter for the Lions!! He has previously had defensive errors which he has hopefully been working on - though I'd wonder whether they were ever much worse than Tomane's.....
Could not agree more. Andy Dunne made a good point on The42 podcast about Leinster's exit strategy in the Montpellier game in the RDS last October setting him up to fail - kicking an angled boxkick to Nadolo when he didn't have to turn to get under it. AB+ didn't cover himself in glory that day in defense, but it's a huge ask. If we had put Larmour or Barry Daly up against Nadolo they'd have looked pretty ineffective too ... and the Ferginator would have KO'd himself launching into that man-mountain.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

hugonaut wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Could not agree more. Andy Dunne made a good point on The42 podcast about Leinster's exit strategy in the Montpellier game in the RDS last October setting him up to fail - kicking an angled boxkick to Nadolo when he didn't have to turn to get under it. AB+ didn't cover himself in glory that day in defense, but it's a huge ask. If we had put Larmour or Barry Daly up against Nadolo they'd have looked pretty ineffective too ... and the Ferginator would have KO'd himself launching into that man-mountain.
To be honest for me it’s other games than that Montpellier game that sticks out in my mind about Adam...you couldn’t hold it against him for not defensively dominating Nadolo that day, tough task for any winger in world rugby
It’s the semi final against the scarlets the year before where he bit in twice and make a few very bad reads that led to scores is the one I remember and I bet the coaches don’t forget either
Big games and big mistakes
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Gearzbox2 wrote:
To be honest for me it’s other games than that Montpellier game that sticks out in my mind about Adam...you couldn’t hold it against him for not defensively dominating Nadolo that day, tough task for any winger in world rugby
It’s the semi final against the scarlets the year before where he bit in twice and make a few very bad reads that led to scores is the one I remember and I bet the coaches don’t forget either
Big games and big mistakes
Fair point. That first Scarlets one was poor and expensive alright.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote:Ulster and Connacht have announced pretty much fully loaded teams, so we might have more choices than we previously thought
Munster too have named a very strong squad, so if we don't I think it'll be by design rather than national requirement.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Strong team from ourselves too...

15. Rob Kearney (201)
14. Adam Byrne (39)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (46)
12. Robbie Henshaw (30)
11. Joe Tomane (7)
10. Ross Byrne (55)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (56)
1. Jack McGrath (136)
2. James Tracy (73)
3. Tadhg Furlong (90)
4. Scott Fardy (27)
5. James Ryan (20)
6. Seán O’Brien (120) CAPTAIN
7. Dan Leavy (56)
8. Max Deegan (25)

16. Bryan Byrne (28)
17. Ed Byrne (26)
18. Andrew Porter (37)
19. Ross Molony (67)
20. Rhys Ruddock (148)
21. Hugh O’Sullivan (1)
22. Noel Reid (103)
23. Conor O’Brien (3)

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Dave Cahill wrote:Strong team from ourselves too...

15. Rob Kearney (201)
14. Adam Byrne (39)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (46)
12. Robbie Henshaw (30)
11. Joe Tomane (7)
10. Ross Byrne (55)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (56)
1. Jack McGrath (136)
2. James Tracy (73)
3. Tadhg Furlong (90)
4. Scott Fardy (27)
5. James Ryan (20)
6. Seán O’Brien (120) CAPTAIN
7. Dan Leavy (56)
8. Max Deegan (25)

16. Bryan Byrne (28)
17. Ed Byrne (26)
18. Andrew Porter (37)
19. Ross Molony (67)
20. Rhys Ruddock (148)
21. Hugh O’Sullivan (1)
22. Noel Reid (103)
23. Conor O’Brien (3)

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
Good Jesus, that's a strong team :shock:
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Much stronger than I expected!

Disappointed to see Ross Byrne involved. Really thought he'd get the nod for Chicago. USA looks like the only game he might get a look in for.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm surprised we didn't go with my illegal suggestion of playing Fardy, JGP, and Lowe but I like that team a lot.

No surprise that he's there but looking forward to seeing Adam again and it's good that he's in a strong side.

It's a seriously good pack, excited to see what Deegan can do in his proper position behind all those guys. I'm expecting a big game from Leavy as well, he'll need it for his Ireland prospects.

JGP should be raring to go too. Surprised to see HOS on the bench for this one but like how we're not afraid to make those kind of selections.

Predicting the Ireland team for the first two games could be fun!