Champions Cup Final - Leinster v Racing

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Champions Cup Final - Leinster v Racing

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:Luke is starting.

Biggest question is JGP on the bench or not.
Luke is 50/50 at best and that's not a good place to be for a ERC final, JGP will be in the 23.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Something soothing for the nerves from Matt Williams, who only sees the match going in one way i.e. Leinster's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXsXdt3gqr8
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote:Something soothing for the nerves from Matt Williams, who only sees the match going in one way i.e. Leinster's:

haven't seen any pundit saying leinster will lose, which is itself is worrying.

If Leinster lose it will be a huge choke job.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Nice stuff from the club for the fans pre-ERCC final:

The Road to Bilbao - Part 1 (group stage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSpXUizq4U

The Road to Bilbao - Part 2 (knockouts):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujskUSjQ2Fs

Enjoy!!!!!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:
riocard911 wrote:Something soothing for the nerves from Matt Williams, who only sees the match going in one way i.e. Leinster's:

As a nation we really don't do the tag of 'favorites' very well :lol:

I wonder do the All Blacks supporters go through this self doubt before every big match
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It ain’t going to happen, but I’d also prefer to see Barry Daly at 23 than ROL. I hope Isa can make the full 80.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

I wonder do the All Blacks supporters go through this self doubt before every big match
I dunno, we wore it pretty well at Twickers.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm very uncomfortable with the talk of how great Lancaster is when we haven't actually won anything yet. We should be confident, but I do feel like the media have portrayed it as a foregone conclusion. That said, there's no reason to think that the players and coaches are feeling that way.

As for Larmour, if he was starting for Racing then I'd be far more worried about what he would do to us than excited about how we could exploit his inexperience. I know he's been inconsistent over the last few months, but I think his poor performances (bar the defensive errors against Italy) have come in the lesser games and expect him to slot in well tomorrow.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

He hasn't really put in a big performance in a big game at wing though as far as I remember.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Pre-match words from captain Isa Nacewa:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 95260.html
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm very uncomfortable with the talk of how great Lancaster is when we haven't actually won anything yet. We should be confident, but I do feel like the media have portrayed it as a foregone conclusion. That said, there's no reason to think that the players and coaches are feeling that way.

As for Larmour, if he was starting for Racing then I'd be far more worried about what he would do to us than excited about how we could exploit his inexperience. I know he's been inconsistent over the last few months, but I think his poor performances (bar the defensive errors against Italy) have come in the lesser games and expect him to slot in well tomorrow.

I think win or lose tomorrow Lancaster has been great for us. After the Scarlets league semi last year a lot of people on here blamed it on Sexton and Lancaster (if you want to read a depressing thread look at the Scarlets match thread) and a few weeks previous the same posters (and journos) were saying how the pair had brought the Leinster culture back to where it needed to be. It is basically the same thing now except we are a bit further along. I think we are back to where we should be and I think we should win tomorrow but if we don't it wont be because Lancaster is not the right guy he has been a breath of fresh air in everything he has done here.

I agree with you on Larmour I think he will be okay tomorrow, he will have enough quality leaders around him guiding him through and helping him make the right decisions and he undoubtedly has the talent.

I am so nervous for this game right now, its bloody great to be back in a European Final!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ah I wasn't knocking Lancaster in the slightest. I'm a huge fan, have heard some very positive things from inside LR, and believe the players are genuine when they rave about him. I was simply saying that the tone of the praise in the media is more akin to what you get after trophies have been won, maybe that wasn't clear.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:He hasn't really put in a big performance in a big game at wing though as far as I remember.
Suppose it depends how you define "big" but I thought he was very good in Montpellier. IIRC he didn't get much ball but coped very well with Nadolo.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Ah I wasn't knocking Lancaster in the slightest. I'm a huge fan, have heard some very positive things from inside LR, and believe the players are genuine when they rave about him. I was simply saying that the tone of the praise in the media is more akin to what you get after trophies have been won, maybe that wasn't clear.
Ah yeah I am with you and you were clear, I was just meandering on my own point because I remember the sh!t show that went on last year after we were rubbish against Scarlets. The guys who had turned us back into the team/club we aspire to be got thrown under the bus and I can imagine the same thing happening if the result does not go our way tomorrow. Anyway enough negativity from me :lol: we are winning this bloody match tomorrow!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

Leinster have been heavy favourites for every final they have played in Pro12 or Heino. We don't choke.
Maybe 2009 V Leicester we were not "heavy" favourites but we were certainly favourites.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

OTT wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm very uncomfortable with the talk of how great Lancaster is when we haven't actually won anything yet. We should be confident, but I do feel like the media have portrayed it as a foregone conclusion. That said, there's no reason to think that the players and coaches are feeling that way.

I think win or lose tomorrow Lancaster has been great for us. After the Scarlets league semi last year a lot of people on here blamed it on Sexton and Lancaster (if you want to read a depressing thread look at the Scarlets match thread) and a few weeks previous the same posters (and journos) were saying how the pair had brought the Leinster culture back to where it needed to be. It is basically the same thing now except we are a bit further along. I think we are back to where we should be and I think we should win tomorrow but if we don't it wont be because Lancaster is not the right guy he has been a breath of fresh air in everything he has done here.

I agree with you on Larmour I think he will be okay tomorrow, he will have enough quality leaders around him guiding him through and helping him make the right decisions and he undoubtedly has the talent.

I am so nervous for this game right now, its bloody great to be back in a European Final!
+1
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Adam Byrne and Deegan in the A squad.
Ruddock must be OK.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (195)
14. Jordan Larmour (19)
13. Garry Ringrose (47)
12. Robbie Henshaw (23)
11. Isa Nacewa (182) CAPTAIN
10. Johnny Sexton (146)
9. Luke McGrath (92)
1. Cian Healy (188)
2. Seán Cronin (150)
3. Tadhg Furlong (81)
4. Devin Toner (215)
5. James Ryan (12)
6. Scott Fardy (19)
7. Dan Leavy (52)
8. Jordi Murphy (104)

16. James Tracy (63)
17. Jack McGrath (130)
18. Andrew Porter (27)
19. Rhys Ruddock (140)
20. Jack Conan (71)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (50)
22. Joey Carbery (35)
23. Rory O’Loughlin (40)

Referee: Wayne Barnes (RFU)
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

I dont remember a match being more treated as a forgone conclusion since '09 when Munster rocked up to Croke Park carrying a big jar of vasolin.

We all remember how that worked out for them.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

blockhead wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:

Leinster have been heavy favourites for every final they have played in Pro12 or Heino. We don't choke.
Maybe 2009 V Leicester we were not "heavy" favourites but we were certainly favourites.
No I understand that alright. I Wasn't referring to the team who have dealt with the tag without issue. I was referring to us, the fans (on here particularly) if you look back on the Sarecens and Scarlets pre-match thread it's virtually the same stuff (eg "Oh I don't know why the bookies have us as favorites etc."). It's mad!

Having said all that I judge nobody because of this as I myself am bricking it and am full of fear and doubt :D