Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Vs Scarlets Sat 17th Feb 15.15 Sky Sports

Post by Cianostays »

Blue not red blood wrote:It’s rare to be really looking forward to a league game but this is an exception.
It represents a massive opportunity to take control of the conference.
Hope the atmosphere is good
Completely agree. It really feels like a European Cup game. Looking forward to it alright.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

I normally don't like to moan about refs, but we've got Lacey tomorrow. Ugh......
scarletlion
Beginner

Post by scarletlion »

molloyjh wrote:I normally don't like to moan about refs, but we've got Lacey tomorrow. Ugh......

:lol: :lol:
He's employed by the same organisation that owns and runs Leinster, and you're complaining? He may be a Munsterman but he's refereeing his work colleagues for goodness sake.

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
AR1: Frank Murphy (Ireland)
AR2: Jonathan Peak (Ireland)
TMO: Olly Hodges (Ireland)
Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (Ireland).

An absolute joke.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

scarletlion wrote:
molloyjh wrote:I normally don't like to moan about refs, but we've got Lacey tomorrow. Ugh......

He's employed by the same organisation that owns and runs Leinster, and you're complaining? He may be a Munsterman but he's refereeing his work colleagues for goodness sake.

An absolute joke.
I'm complaining because he's quite simply a bad referee. And I honestly don't like saying that. We've had plenty of situations where Welsh refs have been in charge of games of ours over there. It's not ideal, and the optics are awful, but we have to trust that they can do their jobs without bias. The vast majority can. Some can't. And some overcompensate. Lacey just isn't good to begin with though.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

scarletlion wrote:

An absolute joke.
I think that would leave only Marius Mitrea as a neutral ref who's still affiliated with the league and he's not great. Owens is from near Llanelli (I think) so it couldn't really be him. I'd rather Barnes or Garces but the league doesn't bring in outside refs often. Put it this way, there is no ref in the league that both sets of fans would be happy with.

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

scarletlion
Beginner

Post by scarletlion »

molloyjh wrote:
scarletlion wrote:

An absolute joke.
I'm complaining because he's quite simply a bad referee. And I honestly don't like saying that. We've had plenty of situations where Welsh refs have been in charge of games of ours over there. It's not ideal, and the optics are awful, but we have to trust that they can do their jobs without bias. The vast majority can. Some can't. And some overcompensate. Lacey just isn't good to begin with though.
Fair enough. And I do agree with your view on his standards. I just think this is becoming a joke when the entire officiating team is employed by the same organisation that runs one of the teams.

They could have brought the South African referee that is officiating the dragons match over and swapped him with Lacey surely? He can't be any worse and would have at least offered a modicum of neutrality.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

scarletlion wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
scarletlion wrote:

An absolute joke.
Fair enough. And I do agree with your view on his standards. I just think this is becoming a joke when the entire officiating team is employed by the same organisation that runs one of the teams.

They could have brought the South African referee that is officiating the dragons match over and swapped him with Lacey surely? He can't be any worse and would have at least offered a modicum of neutrality.
You seem to be underestimating the fact that the provinces are pretty autonomous from eachother. Suggesting that a Munster official is a colleague of Leinster players is akin to suggesting that the Scarlets and Ospreys are co-workers. Although we're both under the IRFU umbrella, they are pretty distinct organisations.

Besides, you won't find a single poster on this forum who'd consider themselves pleased that Lacey is reffing on Sat.

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

My post was supposed to quote you Scarletlion. Apologies.

scarletlion
Beginner

Post by scarletlion »

Cianostays wrote: Suggesting that a Munster official is a colleague of Leinster players is akin to suggesting that the Scarlets and Ospreys are co-workers.
I'm not suggesting it. It is a fact.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I really don’t like when we’re reffed by Irish refs against a foreign side. Mainly because all the Irish refs are shite, but also because it actually works the other way normally. In an effort not to seem biased towards us, they go the complete opposite way.
scarletlion
Beginner

Post by scarletlion »

wixfjord wrote:I really don’t like when we’re reffed by Irish refs against a foreign side. Mainly because all the Irish refs are shite, but also because it actually works the other way normally. In an effort not to seem biased towards us, they go the complete opposite way.
Exactly. The referees are almost in a no win situation.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Byrne Cronin Bent
Molony Fardy
Murphy Deegan Murphy

McGrath Byrne
Reid ROL
Lowe Larmour Byrne

Strauss, Dooley, Heffernan, Nagle, Connors, McCarthy, Frawley, Daly
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

15. Jordan Larmour (14)
14. Adam Byrne (32)
13. Rory O’Loughlin (34)
12. Noel Reid (94)
11. James Lowe (5)
10. Ross Byrne (42)
9. Luke McGrath (89) CAPTAIN
1. Ed Byrne (18)
2. Seán Cronin (145)
3. Michael Bent (100)
4. Ross Molony (56)
5. Scott Fardy (14)
6. Josh Murphy (4)
7. Jordi Murphy (99)
8. Max Deegan (12)

16. Richardt Strauss (152)
17. Peter Dooley (43)
18. Oisín Heffernan (2)
19. Ian Nagle (14)
20. Will Connors (1)
21. Nick McCarthy (18)
22. Ciarán Frawley (0)
23. Barry Daly (19)

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Worried about that backlines defence. Cannot wait to see them on the attack though.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Really worried about Isa now.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

15 Johnny Mcnicholl, 14 Tom Prydie, 13 Paul Asquith, 12 Steff Hughes ©, 11 Ioan Nicholas, 10 Dan Jones, 9 Jonathan Evans, 1 Dylan Evans, 2 Ryan Elias, 3 Werner Kruger, 4 Steve Cummins, 5 David Bulbring, 6 Tadhg Beirne, 7 James Davies, 8 Josh Macleod

Replacements; 16 Emyr Phillips, 17 Phil Price, 18 Simon Gardiner, 19 Lewis Rawlins, 20 Will Boyde, 21 Declan Smith, 22 Corey Baldwin, 23 Tom Williams
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

No ISA.....
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Cianostays wrote: Besides, you won't find a single poster on this forum who'd consider themselves pleased that Lacey is reffing on Sat.

I don't have a problem with Lacey, he refs in a consistent manner and he always applies the same laws the same way in every match. If Leinster can't deal with that, then thats Leinster's problem.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Jesus that backline could either be ripped apart or rip them apart. Possibly both.
Asquith will fancy a few runs at our 12/13 I’d say.

Slightly worried about this one I must say. Having Isa, Joey, Ferg in the 23 would’ve been a huge help.
Backplay
Beginner

Post by Backplay »

No mention of Isa at all on the Leinster site - any word on what's up?