The Scott Fardy Appreciation Thread

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: The Scott Fardy Appreciation Thread

Post by mildlyinterested »

Fardy turned down offer from Japan: https://www.the42.ie/scott-fardy-leinst ... =shortlink
Fardy, who is due to return to the Leinster starting XV for Friday’s Guinness Pro14 game against Cheetahs [KO 7.35pm, eir Sport/Premier Sports], has made 15 appearances this term, in addition to the 22 games he played during his debut season at the RDS.

“We’re enjoying it here, my wife has settled in well and I’ll be here for another year,” Fardy confirmed to The42 this afternoon.

“I’m very happy. I made that decision a while ago and I’m happy to be here for another year and continue to go after trophies.

It was an easy decision for me. I had an offer to go back to Japan to where I was originally years ago, it was something I considered for a moment but my family have just settled here and I didn’t want to pick them up and move.

A big part of Fardy’s success on the field has been down to how well he has settled into the new environment and life in Dublin, with his wife, Penelope, giving birth to the couple’s first child, August, last December.

In addition to his consistently excellent performances, Fardy’s influence on younger team-mates within the Leinster dressing room has also been invaluable following the retirement of Isa Nacewa.

“It’s hard not to buy into it here, the squad you have, the leaders and the staff as well,” he continued.

“Winning games is enjoyable and I’m enjoying that process. I’m still learning, even at my age, I come in every Monday for the review and I’m still learning something from the game we’ve played.”

Leinster backs coach Felipe Contepomi was naturally delighted to hear Fardy has committed to the province for another season.

“His experience is always welcome in the dressing room,” Contepomi said.

“He has fitted in the Leinster way of playing brilliantly and I know it myself as a foreigner, sometimes when you come from abroad and fitting into a club and culture is difficult but it’s great to see Scott staying and making a statement of how much he can help the younger guys. It also shows how comfortable he is in the club and that’s a credit to the club.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Brilliant news. Tbh as much as I agreed with everyone that he should be allowed to stay, I wasn't so hot on the idea of him getting a two year deal. So to me this is perfect, although I'm sure Fardy himself would have wanted longer, and I suspect that that's why he was rumoured to be speaking to Wasps etc.

It also shows us two things

1) The IRFU are not entirely evil and I'm sure they will get enough praise to balance out the unfounded criticism they got yet again.
2) CiaranIRL is a sick troll who should be banned for life.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I can wait hopefully next season when Lowe Fardy and JGP can all be up for selection in the same match.
Presumably we are waiting on an extension for JGP
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The IRFU do deserve praise for getting this done. I guess they aren't out to sabotage us at every opportunity after all eh?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

bails wrote:I can wait hopefully next season when Lowe Fardy and JGP can all be up for selection in the same match.
seems like Fardy announced he was staying today at the press conference, Leinster may wait to announce it along with everyone else who is staying in their bulk announcement in April/May time.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

mildlyinterested wrote:
bails wrote:I can wait hopefully next season when Lowe Fardy and JGP can all be up for selection in the same match.
seems like Fardy announced he was staying today at the press conference, Leinster may wait to announce it along with everyone else who is staying in their bulk announcement in April/May time.
Leinster have announced it

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/scott-fard ... ter-rugby/
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Laighin Break wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinster have announced it

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/scott-fard ... ter-rugby/
doubt they would have bar Fardy said it today when asked.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Amazingly that now means Leinster have more NIQs on their books for next season than Munster.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

johng wrote:Amazingly that now means Leinster have more NIQs on their books for next season than Munster.
We'll see how long that situation remains.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

johng wrote:Amazingly that now means Leinster have more NIQs on their books for next season than Munster.
We'll see how long that situation remains.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Do you want a loan of my Loudhailer?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

It's not where you're from, it's where you belong.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Fardy, Tomane and Lowe vs Botha and Cloete, right?

With him being so underwhelming, it would be a sickener if Tomane being here was a contributing factor in Reid leaving.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Kolpak rather than NIQ? (or non kolpak- ya noo wha i meen, like)
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

Nope
Leinster : Tomane, Lowe, Fardy
Munster : Botha, Knox, More

Honors even and I think they are eyeing up Alby. Anyway the unofficial rule is supposed to be 4 + 1 so as long as we’re within that who cares.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
Nope

Honors even and I think they are eyeing up Alby. Anyway the unofficial rule is supposed to be 4 + 1 so as long as we’re within that who cares.
https://twitter.com/AlbyMathewson/statu ... 75169?s=19

They also haven't signed anyone.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
Nope

JGP becomes IQ when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You forgot Cloete and I wasn't counting their academy. So fair enough.

JGP qualifies in June
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

artaneboy wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
Nope

JGP becomes IQ when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
During the summer