Re: Jordan Larmour

Post by cormac »

He's been nominated for World Rugby Breakthrough Player of the Year
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

I'm not sure the criteria (ie the time period it refers to) but you would have thought Ryan was a better bet
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

TrapperChamonix wrote:I'm not sure the criteria (ie the time period it refers to) but you would have thought Ryan was a better bet
Accoriding to RTE
To be eligible for this award, players must have played less than one year of senior international rugby, with former internationals Jamie Heaslip, Felipe Contepomi and Phaidra Knight sitting alongside members of the media on the panel that selects the shortlist.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

TrapperChamonix wrote:I'm not sure the criteria (ie the time period it refers to) but you would have thought Ryan was a better bet
+1
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

backrower8 wrote:
+1
I'd argue Ryan is more in line for world player of the year given the season he had last year and the performances but then I assume it's going to Richie McCaw
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I don't think Ryan is eligible because he made his debut in 2017.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

neiliog93 wrote:I don't think Ryan is eligible because he made his debut in 2017.
So playing for his country before being capped for his province means he’s not a breakthrough player.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I don't think Ryan is eligible because he made his debut in 2017.
So playing for his country before being capped for his province means he’s not a breakthrough player.
Ryan didn't "break through". While not not unexpected, he was just suddeny "there". One minute he's out injured, working on his recovery whatever and the next he's playing for Munster, scoring tries for Joe in America and knocking Montpellier players over like skittles.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Wonder kid does it again!
Another incredible try, his YouTube tribute video needs regular updates.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

maps wrote:
blockhead wrote:Larmour will have to leave Leinster for the good of the National team.
The logical thing to do would be to just add Leinster ‘A’ to a new Pro15 competition
It's already a WIP
Required a bit of rebranding PFKAM.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Yeah its interesting to see how far he can actually go, assuming they can get the move to Munster processed in the next few weeks.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'm sure we'll conveniently discover via a Munster/IRFU PR job (sorry, Indo 'interview') that Jordan, of St.Andrew's College in Booterstown, has actually 'always felt more of a connection to Munster' and that he has a great-great-uncle and second cousin three-times removed from Clare, or something. The details don't matter.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

He was in West Cork once and rumour has it he has been in Thomond Park before so in Jordan McArmour de passion runs strong. 'Limerick' Stander that die hard Munster man, through and through will show him the ropes of how to run straight into contact and get rid of that fancy footwork, Leinster nonsense. Running round someone is the soft way to score, won't work down in the real province.

Would be surprised if he hasn't left Leinster by the weekend, dead end province.