New contracts for coaching ticket

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: New contracts for coaching ticket

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

johng wrote:He did say that nearly 2 years ago though...... Before all your stats

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

I thought this was a new thread. Mea culpa :lol:
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I reckon Faz be more than happy to see his ol' mucker Lancaster making sure Leinster and its academy keep producing "ready to go" internationals for him to pick from.
Last edited by riocard911 on March 15th, 2019, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

desperado wrote:We need a dedicated defence coach.
I know your post is two years old but it's always a relevant point.
Leinster took a different tack.
They appointed an attack (backs) coach and adopted the "attack is the best forn of defense" approach.
Allied to this, they also adopted the "if they don't have the ball we don't need to defend" approach.
So far so good.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote:
desperado wrote:We need a dedicated defence coach.
I know your post is two years old but it's always a relevant point.
Leinster took a different tack.
They appointed an attack (backs) coach and adopted the "attack is the best forn of defense" approach.
Allied to this, they also adopted the "if they don't have the ball we don't need to defend" approach.
So far so good.
They doubled down on different. They hired a contact skills coach.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

It's fantastic news. Releasing it mid-Six Nations has meant that it hasn't been the main story in Irish rugby, but it's the main story in Leinster rugby for the next two years. We've all seen the difference a top quality coaching team makes, and this is a top quality unit.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

My fear is that if Mr Farrell crashes and burns, they’ll come knocking on our door. Lea I got us back in the proverbial
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote:It's fantastic news. Releasing it mid-Six Nations has meant that it hasn't been the main story in Irish rugby, but it's the main story in Leinster rugby for the next two years. We've all seen the difference a top quality coaching team makes, and this is a top quality unit.
It is great. Leinster's coaching structures are best when they are unconventional and this is a winning formula.

Provinces need developer coaches who understand and buy into the needs of the international game/provincial calendar. Leo does, Stu fought long enough for the RFU against the clubs that he gets it better than almost anyone.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Stu confirms that he extended for 2 years
https://www.the42.ie/stuart-lancaster-l ... 8-Mar2019/
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

John Fogarty to be next irish scrum coach, luke just "confirmed" it on eirsport.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Just upping this thread, as it seems the most appropriate place for the fantastic renewals of the coaching ticket.
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leo-cullen ... contracts/

Two years for Lancaster, McBride and Felipe. Delighted to keep Lancaster in particular. The best coach in Irish rugby. Was worried he might not fancy more after the hassle of travel in the past year.

Just the one more year for Cullen, who opted for one year only, for personal reasons. Plenty to speculate about that. I wonder is he lining something else up?

Interview with Mick Dawson here https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 3567660047

"We offered Leo a two-year deal and were very happy to do so, but Leo, for his own personal reasons, has instead chosen a rolling one-year contract which we respect.

It is very much our hope that Leo will sit down with us again next season and that he will indicate a willingness to commit for a second season, and we will discuss that possibility when the time is right."
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:24 pm Just upping this thread, as it seems the most appropriate place for the fantastic renewals of the coaching ticket.

Two years for Lancaster, McBride and Felipe. Delighted to keep Lancaster in particular. The best coach in Irish rugby. Was worried he might not fancy more after the hassle of travel in the past year.

Just the one more year for Cullen, who opted for one year only, for personal reasons. Plenty to speculate about that. I wonder is he lining something else up?

Interview with Mick Dawson here https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 3567660047
Nah your over thinking it.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:26 pm
curates_egg wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:24 pm Just upping this thread, as it seems the most appropriate place for the fantastic renewals of the coaching ticket.

In rugby? No.
Well, he has outside business interests. But maybe he is looking at other things in rugby: I don't know.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

curates_egg wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:27 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:26 pm

In rugby? No.
Well, he has outside business interests. But maybe he is looking at other things in rugby: I don't know.
Nope it's a personal/family related reason as he stated.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Maybe he thinks there could be more money on the table for Year 2 in a year's time
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

backrower8 wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:07 pm Maybe he thinks there could be more money on the table for Year 2 in a year's time

“As Mick has stated, I was offered a two-year extension but requested a one-year rolling extension instead. This is purely down to personal circumstances and I would like to thank the IRFU and Leinster Rugby for their understanding in that regard. In saying that, I would like to reaffirm my absolute commitment to Leinster. I think anyone who knows me will know that my loyalty lies here."

I think Leo has earned a bit more credit than that.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Fantastic new
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

backrower8 wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:07 pm Maybe he thinks there could be more money on the table for Year 2 in a year's time
Or maybe he is looking at Nucifora's role. That contract is up in....2022.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

This is great news
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The best four renewals we could have hoped for. :green clap: :green clap: :green clap:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:25 pm

“As Mick has stated, I was offered a two-year extension but requested a one-year rolling extension instead. This is purely down to personal circumstances and I would like to thank the IRFU and Leinster Rugby for their understanding in that regard. In saying that, I would like to reaffirm my absolute commitment to Leinster. I think anyone who knows me will know that my loyalty lies here."

I think Leo has earned a bit more credit than that.
Bank account contents are personal

Edit: but wahey, that is a great bit of news. Serious coaching team.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan