James Lowe signs for Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: James Lowe signs for Leinster

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Laighin Break wrote: If the jumper isn't oblivious to what's around them, then Lowe shouldn't be oblivious either. Considering players don't have much hang time, the jump is always at the last second...
Maybe I look at it differently, playing football hurling & Aussie rules where the instinct would always be to jump when competing for a high ball, but I would think it's something a player just has to consider when chasing garryowens.
So you agree that Lowe wouldn't have much time to react yet think it's fair that he's done for not doing so? How is he supposed to know if/when Conway is going to jump? I agree with everything you've said if you're talking about a guy jumping from a standing start, but not when two players are running towards each other, there really is a huge difference between the two scenarios.

To follow your logic through, Lowe should just have hung back in which case Conway probably wouldn't have even needed to jump, how is that right? Why should Conway have all the rights? How does Lowe know that Conway will get there first given that he had a great chance of getting it too?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

They should just be done with it and give a red card to the player who lands on his head. That'd put an end to all this jumping into the air and colliding with people nonsense.
Dont Panic!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

matt wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think you get sent off playing football if you have a honest contest in the air irrespective of whether one player lands on his head or shoulder. Also if you jump for a high ball in soccer same applies.
I guess 'honest contest' is quite subjective. If a similar incident happened in football (though really unlikely) I'd say there could well be a red card, definitely a yellow at least. I don't think there are specific rules about how a player lands, but there often would be frees and cards when one player comes off badly from a contest - I've been booked myself for it, though maintain my innocence to this day :lol:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:So you agree that Lowe wouldn't have much time to react yet think it's fair that he's done for not doing so? How is he supposed to know if/when Conway is going to jump? I agree with everything you've said if you're talking about a guy jumping from a standing start, but not when two players are running towards each other, there really is a huge difference between the two scenarios.

To follow your logic through, Lowe should just have hung back in which case Conway probably wouldn't have even needed to jump, how is that right? Why should Conway have all the rights? How does Lowe know that Conway will get there first given that he had a great chance of getting it too?
I agree Lowe wouldn't have much time to react and I agree that it wasn't intentional either. I just think he should know that the opposition player is likely to jump and also know what the punishment is if the other player jumps and he takes him out on the ground (the rules are reasonably clear on this). By my logic Lowe should have jumped, giving himself a better chance of competing for the ball and reducing the chance of being carded.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

I've spoken in my diary before that I seem to bring out the best in crowds and at the RDS this past weekend some cheeky fella in red in the 75th minute shouted, 'Where were you last week, Lowe?'

Fortunately, from years of being slagged by supporters I always have my wits about me…sometimes you just block it all out but then sometimes…

'And where are you next week?' I shouted back.

There was plenty of laughter and I managed a smile myself and hopefully that supporter did too. All good fun and great that we can all get out there and enjoy the game regardless of the jersey on your back.

In many ways I should thank that supporter. Let's just say that's the only smile I've managed while thinking back to that game in Newcastle.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 42249.html
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Love it.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:
I've spoken in my diary before that I seem to bring out the best in crowds and at the RDS this past weekend some cheeky fella in red in the 75th minute shouted, 'Where were you last week, Lowe?'

Fortunately, from years of being slagged by supporters I always have my wits about me…sometimes you just block it all out but then sometimes…

There was plenty of laughter and I managed a smile myself and hopefully that supporter did too. All good fun and great that we can all get out there and enjoy the game regardless of the jersey on your back.

In many ways I should thank that supporter. Let's just say that's the only smile I've managed while thinking back to that game in Newcastle.

That's real hostage to fortune stuff.
Let's hope Lowe gets the opportunity to back it up.
In what looks like being a very tight game we'll all be hoping for a bit of the Lowe Magic.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 24th, 2019, 11:20 am

"Las Vegas with Mrs Lowe" is next week's response ! 💒 "Viva Las Vegas" might be a suitable chant at his next home game!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

brotheroffrank wrote: March 25th, 2022, 8:20 am
mildlyinterested wrote: May 24th, 2019, 11:20 am

"Las Vegas with Mrs Lowe" is next week's response ! 💒 "Viva Las Vegas" might be a suitable chant at his next home game!
Lost his luggage too..
Well, KLM did
Dont Panic!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I flew with KLM once to San Francisco. My luggage also never arrived along with most of the other people on the flight. Such a pain in the hole.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Serb wrote: March 26th, 2022, 1:15 pm I flew with KLM once to San Francisco. My luggage also never arrived along with most of the other people on the flight. Such a pain in the hole.
Whatever about losing luggage, losing people on a flight is a bit scary
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Serb wrote: March 26th, 2022, 1:15 pm I flew with KLM once to San Francisco. My luggage also never arrived along with most of the other people on the flight. Such a pain in the hole.
Whatever about losing luggage, losing people on a flight is a bit scary
Turns out they left the front door open
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

No dahws around here!!! LMFAO!!!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

https://youtu.be/OP-nLkrJoQQ

Very good interview from a disarmingly honest JL. Well worth a look
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

enby wrote: December 12th, 2022, 3:19 pm https://youtu.be/OP-nLkrJoQQ

Very good interview from a disarmingly honest JL. Well worth a look
Good spot thx enby
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

Absolutely loving James’ complete and utter lack of filter!
Last edited by Ray Donovan on December 12th, 2022, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

it's like a breath of fresh air
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Really enjoyable watch