NG Dragons v Leinster Friday 19.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jimbobjoe
Mullet

Re: NG Dragons v Leinster Friday 19.30

Post by jimbobjoe »

Laighin Break wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Does no tv mean no TMO again?
On the Leinster site it says "No live TV coverage", which implies that there might be highlights(?) and therefore I'd assume a TMO.
It's unclear.. there was highlights for the Treviso game but no TMO. I think they should be aiming to have all games officiated the same way. It's all a bit amateurish from the PRO12 but unfortunately I'm not surprised - officiating quality clearly isn't on their priorty list.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Laighin Break wrote:
jimbobjoe wrote:Does no tv mean no TMO again?
On the Leinster site it says "No live TV coverage", which implies that there might be highlights(?) and therefore I'd assume a TMO.
It's unclear.. there was highlights for the Treviso game but no TMO. I think they should be aiming to have all games officiated the same way. It's all a bit amateurish from the PRO12 but unfortunately I'm not surprised - officiating quality clearly isn't on their priorty list.
According to Leinster site there is none: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview/cul ... d=16NL4830
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR – 63rd tournament game)
AR1: Claudio Blessano (FIR) AR2: Robert Price (WRU)
TMO: Non-televised match
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

On the Leinster site it says "No live TV coverage", which implies that there might be highlights(?) and therefore I'd assume a TMO.[/quote]

It's unclear.. there was highlights for the Treviso game but no TMO. I think they should be aiming to have all games officiated the same way. It's all a bit amateurish from the PRO12 but unfortunately I'm not surprised - officiating quality clearly isn't on their priorty list.[/quote]

According to Leinster site there is none: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview/cul ... d=16NL4830
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR – 63rd tournament game)
AR1: Claudio Blessano (FIR) AR2: Robert Price (WRU)
TMO: Non-televised match
I'd settle for a supporter with a camcorder and an upload to youtube!
Really is rubbish that they can't televise this after missing out on coverage of Treviso too! :(
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Highlights on TG4 after Munster game I believe

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interesting that big Mike M starts again. I'd say he'll be off soon after HT.

Would we not look better with
JGP, Carbery, Byrne, Reid, MCF, Daly, ZK in the backline?

The decision is basically who's the least worst option to play at 13, surely MCF is the answer there? Unless they're expecting him to be a bit rusty, but even still.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:Interesting that big Mike M starts again. I'd say he'll be off soon after HT.

The decision is basically who's the least worst option to play at 13, surely MCF is the answer there? Unless they're expecting him to be a bit rusty, but even still.
I'd've gonna that way meself, but the coaches know better. If the 23 put in a performance like last week's, we could come away with a win. Don't expect the Dragons to make it easy for us though.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

If there are cameras at the game then why is it that it can't be streamed for free on youtube? It really is a joke that so many games go without TV coverage in this league
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

ChrisUppy wrote:If there are cameras at the game then why is it that it can't be streamed for free on youtube? It really is a joke that so many games go without TV coverage in this league
The Pro12 probably has one of the highest rates of coverage of any league surely due to the number of different broadcasters? For example there are only 2 of 6 AP games being televised this weekend. There were only 3 last weekend. On average only half the games in the AP get televised.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

molloyjh wrote:
ChrisUppy wrote:If there are cameras at the game then why is it that it can't be streamed for free on youtube? It really is a joke that so many games go without TV coverage in this league
The Pro12 probably has one of the highest rates of coverage of any league surely due to the number of different broadcasters? For example there are only 2 of 6 AP games being televised this weekend. There were only 3 last weekend. On average only half the games in the AP get televised.
Yes - so as I said, it really is a joke that so many games go without TV coverage in this league. On average there must be, what, 2 games in each country on any given weekend. The fact that broadcasters can't be organised for every game is a joke.

And even if a broadcaster can't be mustered up, why is it that it couldn't be streamed?
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

wixfjord wrote:Interesting that big Mike M starts again. I'd say he'll be off soon after HT.

Think I'd prefer 12 McFadden,13 Reid rather than the other way around
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

if theres no TMO and the Dragons lose we know what the Welsh will blame it on :D

@Wjxfrd yeah carberry kicking would be a very big and very interesting call/edict
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I would be surprised if there is a league anywhere in the rugby world that gets even close to the amount of live coverage the Pro12 gets
I have Bumbleflex
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Dave Cahill wrote:I would be surprised if there is a league anywhere in the rugby world that gets even close to the amount of live coverage the Pro12 gets
I was thinking this, after I was just about to complain about the lack of coverage. I guess we get a bit spoilt because we get to see the vast majority of the away games.
Dont Panic!
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Dave Cahill wrote:I would be surprised if there is a league anywhere in the rugby world that gets even close to the amount of live coverage the Pro12 gets
Definitely.. Most games televised in some capacity every week. To compare to the other leages though, do the AP, Top14 or SR sacrifice TMO when a game isn't live on tellly? I'd be surprised if they do.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

ChrisUppy wrote:Yes - so as I said, it really is a joke that so many games go without TV coverage in this league. On average there must be, what, 2 games in each country on any given weekend. The fact that broadcasters can't be organised for every game is a joke.

And even if a broadcaster can't be mustered up, why is it that it couldn't be streamed?
So it's a joke that we get more than anyone else but don't get 100% coverage? What does that make every other league then? Why instead of being grateful that we get to see more of our teams than any other league does are you so quick to have a go despite that fact?

As for streaming games with no broadcaster, where do the cameras come from? Where do the resources come from in terms of cameramen, producers, tech guys etc? Who pays for that? And if it takes viewers away from other games on actual broadcasters how does that impact the Pro12s deals with them?

It's all well and good saying "ah yeah but they should stream it" but do you really understand what that entails and how much it costs? And do the Pro12 have the money to fund that?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's not as simple as there not being a broadcaster for it though. Wasn't there a week off for the Pro12 before the 6N started? Had this weekend's games been played then then we'd have had more TV coverage and they wouldn't have clashed with much bigger games.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Why is Carbery at 15, do you guys think? Just bearing in mind what Richie Murphy said during the week.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

suisse wrote:Why is Carbery at 15, do you guys think? Just bearing in mind what Richie Murphy said during the week.
getting best players on field.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Last week against Edinburgh, Leinster scored six tries for the second game running but it came at a considerable cost. Leinster were losing players to injury right from the start and in the second half they had a ragball rovers look to them with the starting out-half at full back, the starting scrum-half on the wing and the reserve hooker on the flank. They actually finished the game with 14 players as Joey Carbery's lack of match fitness meant he couldn't complete the 80 minutes. The strange thing was, they seemed to play better the more disrupted they became and there was a considerable improvement in the second half. However they are struggling for numbers a little this weekend and they face a tricky trip to Rodney Parade, a place they've lost on their last two visits.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Ferg as good as a defender as he is, needs to step up on the attacking stakes. We need more output from him whether it is tries or assists.
The head needs to stay up and the gap pursued. He has pace so there is no excuse.