Mild rant about Leinster Rugbys online presence

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Mild rant about Leinster Rugbys online presence

Post by Peg Leg »

Digital media manager Conor Sharkey leaving. Assistant manager Ryan Corry stepping up to take all the flak about lack of underage games footage etc.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

The entire marketing/merchandise side of the club are a joke to be honest. The club is among the best in Europe yet if you step foot outside dublin or cant go to the club shop (if you can call it one) then there isn't much that the average leinster can get access to. Apart from the usual kit and tracksuits etc, I feel merchandise dept, if they have one, have missed the boat on so many things. Mugs, car window stickers, mini car kits, air fresheners, key rings, DVDs, mini flags, big flags etc. You should be able to get all this type of stuff online somewhere. Dont cost a lot to produce and allows overseas fans a bit more choice aside from the usual clothing type options.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Virtually everything you mention has been available from the Leinster online store until the last year.
I have Bumbleflex
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

carlow man wrote: April 19th, 2021, 5:38 pm The entire marketing/merchandise side of the club are a joke to be honest. The club is among the best in Europe yet if you step foot outside dublin or cant go to the club shop (if you can call it one) then there isn't much that the average leinster can get access to. Apart from the usual kit and tracksuits etc, I feel merchandise dept, if they have one, have missed the boat on so many things. Mugs, car window stickers, mini car kits, air fresheners, key rings, DVDs, mini flags, big flags etc. You should be able to get all this type of stuff online somewhere. Dont cost a lot to produce and allows overseas fans a bit more choice aside from the usual clothing type options.

All the kinds of items which were available when Active Sport were running the shop in Donnybrook - over the years we got some fantastic items
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 19th, 2021, 5:44 pm Virtually everything you mention has been available from the Leinster online store until the last year.
Well I've never seen seen a mug, an air freshener or a mini car kit with leinster on it at any stage either online or in that portacabin.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Not including stuff by the olsc by the way
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I couldn't unterstand, why I couldn't buy my Leinster blankie online and could only purchase it - which I did - in the little shop in the Laighin Inn bar. Oh, how I love my Leinster blankie....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

carlow man wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: April 19th, 2021, 5:44 pm Virtually everything you mention has been available from the Leinster online store until the last year.
Well I've never seen seen a mug, an air freshener or a mini car kit with leinster on it at any stage either online or in that portacabin.
I've never seen an air-freshener granted, but I've bought many of the rest
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote: April 19th, 2021, 8:16 pm I couldn't unterstand, why I couldn't buy my Leinster blankie online and could only purchase it - which I did - in the little shop in the Laighin Inn bar. Oh, how I love my Leinster blankie....
That was an OLSC production
I have Bumbleflex
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Season ticket holders got Leinster mugs one year. Unfortunately it says the season on it and it was a MOC season...
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Laighin Break wrote:Season ticket holders got Leinster mugs one year. Unfortunately it says the season on it and it was a MOC season...
Thats good though. It reassures your significant other that you can maintain a loving relationship even in the most dire circumstances
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Hopefully we get more access to Leinster branded car fresheners soon. It's a struggle to go through life without one.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

CiaranIrl wrote: April 19th, 2021, 10:22 pm Hopefully we get more access to Leinster branded car fresheners soon. It's a struggle to go through life without one.
That's so funny.
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: August 24th, 2016, 12:29 pm It has irked me for a while and I think the fact that I had to view highlights of a Leinster game from the Gloucesters YT channel was the final straw. Leinsters online presence isn’t good enough.

Perhaps my off seasons withdrawals have reached breaking point but we are one of the biggest Rugby Clubs in the world in terms of online presences as of today we have 176k followers on both Twitter and FB.

We are bigger than any Aviva or Pro12 Club on Twitter and up there with some of the bigger Top14 clubs. Up against Super Rugby we finish mid table

We have more FB followers than all of the teams in the Pro12 and Aviva except Leicester and again, finish middle of the board against the Top14 ditto with Super Rugby

We finish pretty close to top of the pile in terms of Instagram followers too. Way ahead of all NH clubs and up there with Super Rugby clubs

We have a pretty strong Youtube following too

Across the Laighin was brilliant until it took a year hiatus and made a brief cameo at the end of last season. The Academy was wonderful but only 4 episodes. I think pre- season is a brilliant chance to get a behind the scenes look at some of the workings of a Club as Ulster and Munster have done this summer. A handful of premiership clubs have done the same.

We have gotten no highlights of any pre season game. We have gotten no look at the academy players. No look at the underage squads playing. No A game highlights, no fun facts about player X. No profiles on any of the Leinster based clubs.

Instead we get 30 second video of team announcements and double tapping a stock photo to wish someone happy birthday.

I find it embarrassing that I know more about how Ulster and Munster are shaping up for the season ahead purely because they are uploading content.

Since the seasons end there has been less than 20 minutes of Youtube content uploaded.
Good rant, one to share with Mick Dawson. Also agree with comments on the shortage of merchandise.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

carlow man wrote: April 19th, 2021, 11:01 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: April 19th, 2021, 10:22 pm Hopefully we get more access to Leinster branded car fresheners soon. It's a struggle to go through life without one.
That's so funny.
The struggle is real, yo.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

i've long given up on hoping leinster improved their online output, they simply don't want to.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Laighin Break wrote: April 19th, 2021, 9:58 pm Season ticket holders got Leinster mugs one year. Unfortunately it says the season on it and it was a MOC season...
Said mug
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:13 am i've long given up on hoping leinster improved their online output, they simply don't want to.
Their social media you mean? Or the online sales?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Flash Gordon wrote: April 27th, 2021, 9:18 am
mildlyinterested wrote: April 20th, 2021, 9:13 am i've long given up on hoping leinster improved their online output, they simply don't want to.
Their social media you mean? Or the online sales?
The sold to Lifestyle for decent money (i'd imagine) but mostly just far less hassle managing it.
Same as Munster and Connacht did with Elverys.
Doesn't seem to make sense to run your own mechanise with companies happy to pay you for the privilege.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSRX97 ... terRugbyTV

I did notice this has just been released, first time I've seen anything like it. Bristol Bears are the best club in terms of social media I have seen in the NH. They're excellent. Hopefully we get far more inside videos in the next while.