rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Ulster v. Leinster Sat 30th 3pm

Post by rooster »

COYBIB wrote:
rooster wrote:
cormac wrote: good grief
I see you are glad as well!
As long as it's not that creepy baby Fitzgibbon, I'll take it. I genuinely detest that man almost as much as he does Leinster.
He detests Ulster as well!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The Munster refs hate Leinster.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

So long as this is a big enough game for Clancy's assessor, we will get his best shot. He won't try to create a spectacle like Owens. He won't try to coach the front-rows to be perfect scrumagers. He will blow penalties and brandish yellow cards and he will see the most important incidents.

I don't need a spectacle this week. I need a result and I believe that Clancy understands that he needs a good, objective, performance on a high-profile derby game
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:So long as this is a big enough game for Clancy's assessor, we will get his best shot. He won't try to create a spectacle like Owens. He won't try to coach the front-rows to be perfect scrumagers. He will blow penalties and brandish yellow cards and he will see the most important incidents.

I don't need a spectacle this week. I need a result and I believe that Clancy understands that he needs a good, objective, performance on a high-profile derby game

Really? Well theres a first time for everything I guess. Clancy is a hopeless bungler who shouldn't be allowed ruin under 9 tag games, let alone elite level fixtures. He isn't biased, I'll give him that, he's an equal-opportunities incompetent

Personally, I like a spectacle, I like it when front rows are forced to at least try to scrummage perfectly. You have it backwards though, Nigel doesn't try to create a spectacle, he just referees the game very well and sometimes, because of that, a spectacle breaks out.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hope we're going full bore for this one. Could be the strongest 23 named of the season if things go to plan.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

wixfjord wrote:Hope we're going full bore for this one. Could be the strongest 23 named of the season if things go to plan.
would be the 1st time all season
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Anyone know when the team announcements are?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

In an hour
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Cheers John
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

goreyguy wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Hope we're going full bore for this one. Could be the strongest 23 named of the season if things go to plan.
would be the 1st time all season
Ideal timing then.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

With a bit of luck this year's end of season visit to Ravers - were we to win, which I'm hoping for intensely - could be the seminal moment of season 2015/2016 , in the positive sense - like last year's one was in the negative sense.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:So long as this is a big enough game for Clancy's assessor, we will get his best shot. He won't try to create a spectacle like Owens. He won't try to coach the front-rows to be perfect scrumagers. He will blow penalties and brandish yellow cards and he will see the most important incidents.

Really? Well theres a first time for everything I guess. Clancy is a hopeless bungler who shouldn't be allowed ruin under 9 tag games, let alone elite level fixtures. He isn't biased, I'll give him that, he's an equal-opportunities incompetent

Personally, I like a spectacle, I like it when front rows are forced to at least try to scrummage perfectly. You have it backwards though, Nigel doesn't try to create a spectacle, he just referees the game very well and sometimes, because of that, a spectacle breaks out.
I'd be tempted to start a thread on refereeing standards but don't think anyone would care. In the 15 years or so that I've been watching games I can't ever remember the standard being so bad. There have always been bad refs, but there are just so many now. I was watching a Super Rugby game last weekend and the NZ commentators were saying that Joubert was the best in the world. Now I know he handed them a world cup, but I doubt people in France or Scotland would share that view...I can still remember him destroying us in Twickenham a couple of years ago too.

Owens has gone downhill recently, Garces (I know I was one of his few fans) used to be great but then made massive errors in our WCQF and then when we played Wales in the 6N. I could go on but I'd be here all day.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I actually think Clancy and Lacey are the 2 best Irish refs. Yes Clancy was responsible for the longest game of Rugby ever played in the WC but he has more good games than bad.

The fact that there are very few "good" refs worldwide illustrates what a tough job it is.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: I'd be tempted to start a thread on refereeing standards but don't think anyone would care. In the 15 years or so that I've been watching games I can't ever remember the standard being so bad. There have always been bad refs, but there are just so many now.

I agree with that entirely - but it must also be said that supporters knowledge of the laws is at an all time low as well.
I have Bumbleflex
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'd be tempted to start a thread on refereeing standards but don't think anyone would care. In the 15 years or so that I've been watching games I can't ever remember the standard being so bad. There have always been bad refs, but there are just so many now. I was watching a Super Rugby game last weekend and the NZ commentators were saying that Joubert was the best in the world. Now I know he handed them a world cup, but I doubt people in France or Scotland would share that view...I can still remember him destroying us in Twickenham a couple of years ago too.

Owens has gone downhill recently, Garces (I know I was one of his few fans) used to be great but then made massive errors in our WCQF and then when we played Wales in the 6N. I could go on but I'd be here all day.
Agreed - it's sh1te. The main issue is that they allow every ref their own interpretation to different facets of the game. Refereeing will never be black and white but World rugby needs to be more clear cut with every rule (and citing/ban). Get all the refs singing from the same hymn sheet and there's less room for terrible reffing.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

There used to be a core group who were good so you knew that they'd be there for the really big games but that group just doesn't exist now.

I like a couple of the young Irish guys actually, think they were both on the touchline for the Connacht and Munster game, and Whitehouse might be good too actually although I'm undecided for the moment, he's had some howlers but then has been much better recently and I'm a big fan of how he talks to teams.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Looks like no Luke
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Leinster XV (Leinster caps in brackets)

15. Rob Kearney (173)
14. Isa Nacewa (146) CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose (18)
12. Ben Te'o (36)
11. Dave Kearney (99)
10. Johnny Sexton (122)
9. Luke McGrath (46)
1. Jack McGrath (91)
2. Richardt Strauss (127)
3. Tadhg Furlong (47)
4. Devin Toner (179)
5. Hayden Triggs (13)
6. Rhys Ruddock (109)
7. Josh van der Flier (24)
8. Jamie Heaslip (213)

Replacements

16. Sean Cronin (110)
17. Peter Dooley (17)
18. Mike Ross (131)
19. Mick Kearney (5)
20. Jordi Murphy (76)
21. Eoin Reddan (136)
22. Ian Madigan (144)
23. Luke Fitzgerald (151)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah. He's on the bench. Pheww
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No Seanie or Ciano. Otherwise happy enough. Would probably have started Mick Kearney and Ross though