Ben T'eo

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Ben T'eo

Post by bails »

I think our fall from grace is nearly complete when players decide to leave us for Worcester Warriors
bails
Graduate

Re: Ben T'eo

Post by bails »

Smells of a sinking ship
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Source?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ben has been good, Ringrose will be better. Lets get him starting this weekend.

Source is Leinster Rugby site.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14402.php
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Logorrhea wrote:Source?
Its on the Leinster website now :(
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That's gutting. He must have been offered a truckload of cash to pick England over Australia.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

You have to laugh.

I imagine he'll be playing six nations rugby next year as part of the move.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That's gutting. He must have been offered a truckload of cash to pick England over Australia.
I am sure he is getting decent wedge not sure how massive it would be but do we know if we even offered him a contract renewal?? Perhaps this is all part of the deal that brings Henshaw to Leinster??
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I think the fact he was leaving was heavily signposted but it's disappointing to see him swapping us for Worcester who are bang average, and that's being generous. Henshaw is the obvious replacement.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Armchair wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That's gutting. He must have been offered a truckload of cash to pick England over Australia.
I am sure he is getting decent wedge not sure how massive it would be but do we know if we even offered him a contract renewal?? Perhaps this is all part of the deal that brings Henshaw to Leinster??
According to ROC he had offers in France, other Prem clubs and Michael Chekia wanted him back in Aus but he chose WW :shock:

I get the impression he was going regardless of Leinsters offer, it was just the matter of the best package (not necessarily money but International opportunities etc)
Last edited by LeinsterLeader on December 22nd, 2015, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I must say I've loved watching him play. Obviously he's brilliant with ball in hand, but I've particularly enjoyed his big hits over the last few weeks. With things not going well results wise he's really been getting stuck in and you can tell he really cares.

Said last season that he was a poor signing because he was going to miss part of the season and then have to get up to speed and I stand by that, a more solid option from the start of the season could have seen us into the top 4 of the league. He's been great though.

Henshaw sounds like a done deal and that's great, but when he's not around we'll really lack a power option out wide. Hope we have someone else lined up , more likely to be a winger than a centre though.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Armchair wrote:
Not confirmed no but I heard he was leaving ages ago and then recently that he was staying. Bit of speculation on my part but I suspect that the latter rumour came about because we tried to hang on to him.

I don't know him but the obvious reason he'd pick Worcester ahead of Oz is money.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

cormac wrote:I think the fact he was leaving was heavily signposted but it's disappointing to see him swapping us for Worcester who are bang average, and that's being generous. Henshaw is the obvious replacement.
Way too generous. They are annual relegation contenders with Newcastle.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I must say I've loved watching him play. Obviously he's brilliant with ball in hand.
On the rare occasions the ball stayed in his hands.
Must admit I don't think we ever got the best from him, not that it was all his fault btw.
When we launched him properly he could be unstoppable, although he was often guilty of taking the ball into contact too high and getting turned over.
Worchester is a surprising choice alright, obviously a truckload of cash.

Anyway good luck to him, a very nice guy by all accounts.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Much prefer Henshaw to be honest.

If we want to make best use of our limited NIQ places then there's no place at Leinster for the likes of T'eo and Triggs.

Best of luck to him at Worcester.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Been a good buy for Leinster if not stellar => always going to happen though. No way was he going to stay or be allowed to stay if Henshaw was coming to Leinster, Ringrose is in line and we have a better, younger project centre in the country in Aki

Worcester isn't exactl;y the most appealing but if England was his preferred option (becasue of money and internatyional qualification) he probably didn't have an option of joing one of the big guns - Worcester though
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Right, well good luck to him, he seems like a good pro and I expect some very solid performances from him for the rest of the season.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Golf Man wrote:Been a good buy for Leinster if not stellar => always going to happen though. No way was he going to stay or be allowed to stay if Henshaw was coming to Leinster, Ringrose is in line and we have a better, younger project centre in the country in Aki

Worcester isn't exactl;y the most appealing but if England was his preferred option (becasue of money and internatyional qualification) he probably didn't have an option of joing one of the big guns - Worcester though
Perhaps he just has developed a taste for the bestest most savoury sauce in the world??
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Such a pity his first season was blighted with injury. He and Luke was always a stopgap midfield though due to not being able to plan around Luke and not going to be allowed to keep Teo. Really hope we do get Henshaw now!

Best of luck to him, I must admit the idea of him playing for Ireland in the future didn't smell right at all. He's a class player and I've really enjoyed him rampaging through the midfield and would have loved to see him stick around.