Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

enby wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:31 am I wouldn't lose much sleep if some of the game's traditions like the Lions tour, the Barbarians and really rubbish singing at internationals were to follow the Final Trial, the 3 and 4 point try, the foot rush and the half time huddle into oblivion. However I would hate to see the 6 Nations be expanded to bring in any side from outside Europe. I'd love to see the day when another European team would reach the standard to make it the 7N though I doubt if that will happen any time soon. Its a local championship played by neighbouring countries and the mere idea of going for a Grand Slam at altitude in Johannesburg is dreadful.
End of rant
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

playing at altitude to win a test match is just shite
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:57 am
enby wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:31 am I wouldn't lose much sleep if some of the game's traditions like the Lions tour, the Barbarians and really rubbish singing at internationals were to follow the Final Trial, the 3 and 4 point try, the foot rush and the half time huddle into oblivion. However I would hate to see the 6 Nations be expanded to bring in any side from outside Europe. I'd love to see the day when another European team would reach the standard to make it the 7N though I doubt if that will happen any time soon. Its a local championship played by neighbouring countries and the mere idea of going for a Grand Slam at altitude in Johannesburg is dreadful.
End of rant

Gonna happen tho.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

jezzer wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 9:39 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:57 am
End of rant

Gonna happen tho.
You could well be right. I hope, however, that you're not.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

jezzer wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 8:27 pm
Oldschool wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 5:05 pm Up to now the PRL has provided the opportunity for Irish players, surplus to requirements, to ply their trade elsewhere and get decent remuneration.
However with the current financial difficulties in both Wales and England one wonders is the PRL 'safety valve ' an option any more.
How many of the exiles would make a Provincial 23 or even a depth squad.
It's down to opinion obviously but how many exiles would be welcomed back even if only to cover sick notes
Smart move would be to swoop for London Irish or - if they don't want to - buy a championship club and stock it with players who need gametime or come through the club route.

Irfu will never be that visionary though. The elephant in the room is south africa and Ireland needs to start getting very proactive about squeezing every drop out of the system.

Not sure if the financial woes post covid in Wales and England will spur or halt the Boks coming into the 6N. When they do (and its when not if) the Boks will start earning real currency and not funny colonial pounds. Then we'll know just how amazeballs the Irish system is.
Who are all these players that need gametime? bearing in mind the performance that Connacht have just put in...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Paddy Patterson, game by game, looks more and more like a future international 9.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 6th, 2023, 12:05 pm Paddy Patterson, game by game, looks more and more like a future international 9.
Looking at our backup it still surprises me that he didn’t get more game time to stake a claim at Leinster. The games I watched him play I thought he was good and had a high ceiling but they continued to play hugh O’Sullivan instead. Now he is playing great rugby for Munster
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 6th, 2023, 12:05 pm Paddy Patterson, game by game, looks more and more like a future international 9.
Seems to me he's had lots of game time and work on his passing. He probably wouldn't have got that time under Van Grann. Prendergast has a much better appreciation of what a S-H needs to improve.

He certainly isn't the only Munster player to improve dramatically under the current coaching regime.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 6th, 2023, 12:55 pm
Seems to me he's had lots of game time and work on his passing. He probably wouldn't have got that time under Van Grann. Prendergast has a much better appreciation of what a S-H needs to improve.

He certainly isn't the only Munster player to improve dramatically under the current coaching regime.
Yeah he has improved dramatically at Munster, but his talent was always obvious while at Leinster. Shame he had to leave to reach his potential.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Noel Reid to make his first start for Toronto today.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

ROL and Dumne started in the Premiership Rugby Cup final for Exeter who beat London Irish
Anyone But New Zealand
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

FLIP wrote:ROL and Dumne started in the Premiership Rugby Cup final for Exeter who beat London Irish
And Hugh O'Sullivan started for London Irish

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Felix Jones will join the England coaching staff after the World Cup.
By then it could be as Head coach.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

blockhead wrote: March 30th, 2023, 3:35 pm Felix Jones will join the England coaching staff after the World Cup.
Feck that’s a good appointment
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

blockhead wrote: March 30th, 2023, 3:35 pm Felix Jones will join the England coaching staff after the World Cup.

He really is making the rounds with teams I love to hate.

Munster, Boks, England - there's your true axis of evil. :wink:
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cormac wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:49 am

So Saracens, La Rochelle or Toulon next?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:55 am

Terenure
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:49 am

Terenure
:lol:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Just looking at a potential team of Leinster "Exiles" that could be fielded this weekend *:

* = subject to fitness

15. Carbery, 14. Byrne A, 13. O'Loughlin, 12. Farrell, T, 11. Conway A, 10. Hawkshaw, 9. Patterson P,
1. Dooley, 2. Delahunt S, 3. Aungier, 4. Dowling, 5. O'Conner A, 6. Prendergast C, 7. Murphy Jordi, 8. Boyle P.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Exactly what I was thinking!
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 31st, 2023, 3:23 pm Just looking at a potential team of Leinster "Exiles" that could be fielded this weekend *:

* = subject to fitness

15. Carbery, 14. Byrne A, 13. O'Loughlin, 12. Farrell, T, 11. Conway A, 10. Hawkshaw, 9. Patterson P,
1. Dooley, 2. Delahunt S, 3. Aungier, 4. Dowling, 5. O'Conner A, 6. Prendergast C, 7. Murphy Jordi, 8. Boyle P.
Not a bad team! Would beat most in this round this week