Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Barry wrote: May 5th, 2023, 10:25 am
deco wrote:Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

I really hope Munster convince him to stay.
Byrne at clontarf???

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Moved from UCD to Clontarf because Byrne was the 10 there at the time perhaps?
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
razor
Beginner

Post by razor »

I'd be disappointed to lose him from an Ireland perspective. If JS doesn't get back we will need him in September. If he is signed to a T14 side would we even have access to him all summer?

Can't see the irfu signing off on a buyout.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Keith wrote: April 20th, 2023, 11:10 am Cian Kelleher and Nick McCarthy are also rumoured to be joining Chicago.

If the Kearney's do have a stake in the club then we'll surely see some sort of partnership being formed there, which I think could be great for both teams. Toulouse have a partnership with Utah and are apprenently sending a side over to play friendlies during the world Cup. Would love for us to do the same at some stage, perhaps like another Cara Cup.
How are they convincing them? The salaries are poor.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

bunty85 wrote: May 5th, 2023, 12:47 pm
Keith wrote: April 20th, 2023, 11:10 am Cian Kelleher and Nick McCarthy are also rumoured to be joining Chicago.

If the Kearney's do have a stake in the club then we'll surely see some sort of partnership being formed there, which I think could be great for both teams. Toulouse have a partnership with Utah and are apprenently sending a side over to play friendlies during the world Cup. Would love for us to do the same at some stage, perhaps like another Cara Cup.
How are they convincing them? The salaries are poor.
There really isn't a whole lot of options out there, when you think of it.

There isn't exactly a whole lot of professional leagues throughout the world, but I'd imagine the chance to be a pro athlete in America is very attractive. Top players are also given benefits outside of salaries to entice them over.
FtD
Mullet

Post by FtD »

Yeah, that's it. It's lifestyle, and the chance to live and play in the US for a while I'd say.

Used to live in NYC for a few years and knew a few of the RUNY lads at the time; for a lot of them it was just getting the chance to live in the US was a major attraction.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Hugh O'Sullivan is joining Newcastle
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

Carbery to Paris.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Blue Man wrote:Carbery to Paris.
Source?
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Blue Man wrote: May 29th, 2023, 9:00 pm Carbery to Paris.
Stade Francais or Racing?

Getting out of Ireland might not be a bad move for him.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

elephantman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 3:21 am
Blue Man wrote: May 29th, 2023, 9:00 pm Carbery to Paris.
Stade Francais or Racing?

Getting out of Ireland might not be a bad move for him.
Might not be a good move.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Sexton retiring opens Ireland back up. There's no clear successor yet.

Healy going takes someone off the board for Ireland and Munster. Even if he has lost to Crowley, he still makes 23s and can bide time for injury or loss of form.

I can't see a rugby reason for a move. Now maybe there's been a breakdown behind the scenes or maybe he's getting a super offer (it's less than 12 months since he was winning in NZ).

Strikes he as rash though, and not his first time.
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

Hey everyone

LEINSTER HAVE FINALLY PRODUCED AN INTERNATIONAL SCRUMHALF.

Unfortunately it's one we all know about playing for USA.

Congratulations to Nick McCarthy who had his international debut on Saturday against Romania. He started alongside Luke Carty at 10.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

naraic wrote: August 7th, 2023, 11:43 am Hey everyone

LEINSTER HAVE FINALLY PRODUCED AN INTERNATIONAL SCRUMHALF.

Unfortunately it's one we all know about playing for USA.

Congratulations to Nick McCarthy who had his international debut on Saturday against Romania. He started alongside Luke Carty at 10.
And he helped himself to a Try I believe. Good man Nick :happy clapper:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Adam Byrne has announced his retirement. A real shame that injuries blighted his career.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

cormac wrote: August 9th, 2023, 8:44 pm Adam Byrne has announced his retirement. A real shame that injuries blighted his career.
Absolutely agreed. I saw him playing for Leinster 'A' many years ago and he was a staggeringly fast and fluid runner. He had so many leg injuries in the early stages of his pro career [two broken legs and ankle syndesmosis, I think] that his whole running style changed.

Still won three leagues with us, scored tries in the Heineken Cup, played for the Baabaas and played test rugby for his country though, which is nothing to be sniffed at.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

hugonaut wrote: August 9th, 2023, 10:09 pm
cormac wrote: August 9th, 2023, 8:44 pm Adam Byrne has announced his retirement. A real shame that injuries blighted his career.
Absolutely agreed. I saw him playing for Leinster 'A' many years ago and he was a staggeringly fast and fluid runner. He had so many leg injuries in the early stages of his pro career [two broken legs and ankle syndesmosis, I think] that his whole running style changed.

Still won three leagues with us, scored tries in the Heineken Cup, played for the Baabaas and played test rugby for his country though, which is nothing to be sniffed at.
Gan dabht! Good luck to him in the next stage of his life!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ciaran Parker to Cardiff.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

One of the most naturally gifted athletes I've ever seen on a pitch. A great shame he's had to retire, the lad was incredible when in full flow and fit.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Even today I'd be hard pushed to name another winger I'd rather have chasing a box kick out of the 22. He was exceptional in the air. His physique often made him unplayable in this regard
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Connacht posting that Josh Murphy will be unavailable this season while he completes the final stage of his medical qualification.

Murphy will return to Connacht next season for the second year of his contract.

Good for him. Rare to see a player take a break like that to pursue qualifications.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick