Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:49 am Munster have no other outside back available in their senior or academy squad I believe.

Proclaiming a guy who benches in that scenario a 'miss for the Leinster academy' is ridiculously knee jerk.
who declared anything?

it was a question, hence the ? at the end of the sentence
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Serb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 10:33 pm Joey to fullback is an enforced change for Munster and I wouldn’t read any more than that into it.

Haley, Zebo, Earls, Coombes and Conway are all injured, Shane Daly and Calvin Nash are with the Emerging Ireland squad. They’re playing academy lads on the wings and genuinely don’t have a fit 15 in the squad.
Ah. It's still rich, regardless of the situation.

Whatever happened to that Gallagher lad they signed? It's hard to keep up with all their back signings. They had three this summer I think?
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

curates_egg wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:16 am
Serb wrote: October 6th, 2022, 10:33 pm Joey to fullback is an enforced change for Munster and I wouldn’t read any more than that into it.

Haley, Zebo, Earls, Coombes and Conway are all injured, Shane Daly and Calvin Nash are with the Emerging Ireland squad. They’re playing academy lads on the wings and genuinely don’t have a fit 15 in the squad.

Whatever happened to that Gallagher lad they signed? It's hard to keep up with all their back signings. They had three this summer I think?
Gallagher not on their squad anymore, he headed off to Bath with JVG.
Dont Panic!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:00 am
wixfjord wrote: October 7th, 2022, 8:49 am Munster have no other outside back available in their senior or academy squad I believe.

Proclaiming a guy who benches in that scenario a 'miss for the Leinster academy' is ridiculously knee jerk.
who declared anything?

it was a question, hence the ? at the end of the sentence
Ok that's clear.

The answer is 'No' then!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 7th, 2022, 6:35 am Fionn Gibbons on the bench for Munster, a miss by the Leinster academy?
Man you spend way to much time worrying about the players Leinster missed or may have missed. It's not healthy dude! :shock:

Munster's a different environment and this is a different scenario.

If he had made the Leinster academy would he be benching for Leinster tomorrow. Almost certainly not.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

LeinsterLeader wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:29 am
mildlyinterested wrote: October 7th, 2022, 6:35 am Fionn Gibbons on the bench for Munster, a miss by the Leinster academy?
Man you spend way to much time worrying about the players Leinster missed or may have missed. It's not healthy dude! :shock:

If he had made the Leinster academy would he be benching for Leinster tomorrow. Almost certainly not.
whose worrying? :lol: it was just a simple question based on a leinster sub-academy player last season set to make his debut for Munster.

thanks for your concern on my health, i've never been better tho. :)
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

curates_egg wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:16 am

I'm no Munster apologist (I promise!), but what else could they possibly do? There's nobody else. Connacht are also fielding a 10 at full back due to similar issues with their squad and no-one is saying a word.

I know the Carbery situation is sensitive, but he's their player now and they can do what they want with him as far as I'm concerned. The Leinster squad have moved on, and so should we. Maybe we would have missed out on Keenan if Carbery stayed, and in the meantime Carbery has spent most of his time injured. It possibly worked out a lot better this way.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I’ve seen a couple of things about Jack McGrath trying to get fit. Hate seeing him having do it on his own and would love to see us help him to get healthy and then maybe he could do some scrum analysis or something in return. Appreciate that we don’t have infinite resources but it must be tough to be doing it independently like that and I’m sure it’d be good for everyone to have him around.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:30 am I’ve seen a couple of things about Jack McGrath trying to get fit. Hate seeing him having do it on his own and would love to see us help him to get healthy and then maybe he could do some scrum analysis or something in return. Appreciate that we don’t have infinite resources but it must be tough to be doing it independently like that and I’m sure it’d be good for everyone to have him around.
Ah to be fair it’s not completely in his own. Jack is co-owner of Collective Fitness and that’s who he’s been training with. Think of the ‘props’ they’ll get if they can train him back to fitness.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Xanthippe wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:04 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: October 7th, 2022, 11:30 am I’ve seen a couple of things about Jack McGrath trying to get fit. Hate seeing him having do it on his own and would love to see us help him to get healthy and then maybe he could do some scrum analysis or something in return. Appreciate that we don’t have infinite resources but it must be tough to be doing it independently like that and I’m sure it’d be good for everyone to have him around.
Ah to be fair it’s not completely in his own. Jack is co-owner of Collective Fitness and that’s who he’s been training with. Think of the ‘props’ they’ll get if they can train him back to fitness.
Ah you know what I mean though. He’s a rugby player but not in that environment yet his old team and team mates are just down the road. He’s a great bloke so I’d love to see us help him out a bit.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Xanthippe wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:04 pm
Ah you know what I mean though. He’s a rugby player but not in that environment yet his old team and team mates are just down the road. He’s a great bloke so I’d love to see us help him out a bit.
I would too - I was hoping they’d at least offer to let him use the facilities
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:32 am

whose worrying? :lol: it was just a simple question based on a leinster sub-academy player last season set to make his debut for Munster.

Not sure why everyone is getting on Mildy for asking a simple question on a Leinster exile thread. Anyway, when the teams were announced, the Gibbons selection stood out to me too.

I don't think we've missed out too much here though, he just looked a bit of a big lump at u20 level. It's not really the type of back we go for, I do hope he progresses and has a successful career though.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Keith wrote: October 8th, 2022, 5:54 am
mildlyinterested wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:32 am

Not sure why everyone is getting on Mildy for asking a simple question on a Leinster exile thread. Anyway, when the teams were announced, the Gibbons selection stood out to me too.

I don't think we've missed out too much here though, he just looked a bit of a big lump at u20 level. It's not really the type of back we go for, I do hope he progresses and has a successful career though.
Because it wasn’t really a question, it was having another pop at Leinster as has been happening for years.
pangurban1
Bookworm

Post by pangurban1 »

They came for Mildy and I did nothing.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Harry Byrne playing for Lansdowne away to ‘Tarf
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Rumours that Quinn Roux wants to come back to Ireland. He's on a 1 year deal with Bath right now so feasible that one of the provinces will pick him up for next season him been IQ and all.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

sunshiner1 wrote: October 10th, 2022, 2:52 am Rumours that Quinn Roux wants to come back to Ireland. He's on a 1 year deal with Bath right now so feasible that one of the provinces will pick him up for next season him been IQ and all.
Would be a great replacement for Carter at Ulster.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: October 10th, 2022, 9:41 am
sunshiner1 wrote: October 10th, 2022, 2:52 am Rumours that Quinn Roux wants to come back to Ireland. He's on a 1 year deal with Bath right now so feasible that one of the provinces will pick him up for next season him been IQ and all.
Would be a great move for Ulster.
Could be useful to have him available for the RWC.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: October 10th, 2022, 9:41 am
Bath - say no more....
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Roux would be a great player for any of the provinces especially during a RWC year where resources are stretched. Hope it happens for him.