Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by mildlyinterested »

Former Leinster and Australia lock Scott Fardy has been appointed Connacht defence coach on a two year deal.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Fair play, Fardy was a top signing for us and was key in winning our fourth star. Hope it all goes well for him.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Serb wrote: April 17th, 2023, 10:51 am Fair play, Fardy was a top signing for us and was key in winning our fourth star. Hope it all goes well for him.
Great stuff. Delighted Scott is back in the Irish system.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 17th, 2023, 10:09 am Former Leinster and Australia lock Scott Fardy has been appointed Connacht defence coach on a two year deal.
Great appointment and apart from what he'll coach them in defensive play, imagine the impact on lineout work for the two Murrays, Prenderrgast, Thornbury, Dowling & Murphy. Good luck to him and family. Hope they enjoy Galway.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Great appointment for Connacht. Best of luck to Scott Fardy in his new role, a brilliant player for us and by all accounts a top notch character.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

hugonaut wrote: April 17th, 2023, 8:09 pm Great appointment for Connacht. Best of luck to Scott Fardy in his new role, a brilliant player for us and by all accounts a top notch character.
the42 saying that DKearney and Adam Byrne are heading off to Chicago?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Could be true for Dave alright. Dave last signed a contract in 2021 and I think the duration was confirmed to be 2 years, so he's out of contract and no announcement has been made yet.
FtD
Mullet

Post by FtD »

The article claims he (and Rob) have potentially a slice of the ownership of that MLR franchise in Chicago.

At 33 it makes sense for him. He had a great career for us.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

FtD wrote: April 18th, 2023, 12:08 pm The article claims he (and Rob) have potentially a slice of the ownership of that MLR franchise in Chicago.

At 33 it makes sense for him. He had a great career for us.
Rob's been earmarked for a role in Biden's cabinet (selecting ties from said cabinet).
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Cian Kelleher and Nick McCarthy are also rumoured to be joining Chicago.

If the Kearney's do have a stake in the club then we'll surely see some sort of partnership being formed there, which I think could be great for both teams. Toulouse have a partnership with Utah and are apprenently sending a side over to play friendlies during the world Cup. Would love for us to do the same at some stage, perhaps like another Cara Cup.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Brian Byrne signs two-year deal with Newcastle from Bristol. Probably a good move for him as Lam has selected him less frequently this season.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Ian Madigan is apparently going to Instonians as a player coach next season. They have also signed Ian Whitten who is retiring from Exeter at the end of the season.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

I really hope Munster convince him to stay.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

deco wrote: May 5th, 2023, 9:39 am Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

how long until they come looking for another outhalf
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

deco wrote: May 5th, 2023, 9:39 am Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

Where are these rumours from?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

If true, then moving might be just what he needs to do to revive his career. Moving to Munster has been a disaster for him. A slow burning disaster.
He was the wonder kid when he was with us. The heir to Johnny, some said. A wonderfuly instinctive young rugby player. He has never shown that form down in Limerick.
At this stage he's a cautionary tale for any younfella being courted by the Big Red Turnip.
"Remember Joey" is all Leo has to whisper into his ear.

And of course, France is not a million miles from Athy, y'know!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
FtD
Mullet

Post by FtD »

wixfjord wrote: May 5th, 2023, 9:44 am

Where are these rumours from?
Don't think there's anything in those rumours. Pretty sure it was a first time poster on the Munsterfans forum who said it. He has another year under contract I believe.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

deco wrote:Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

Byrne at clontarf???

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Barry wrote: May 5th, 2023, 10:25 am
deco wrote:Rumours that Cadbury is about to jump clubs (this time to France) mid contract again rather than stay at Munster and fight for his place there and for Ireland. If true, that means he's jumped ship because he couldn't get past Byrne at Clontarf, Leinster and Ireland and now doesn't fancy his chances getting past Crowley at Munster.

Byrne at clontarf???

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
That one had me stumped too... :roll:
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Would be very surprised if that is true. A bit of form and confidence and he could easily be Munsters first choice again.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN