Leinster exiles, where are they.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster exiles, where are they.

Post by Dave Cahill »

Maybe of course Salanoa has gotten as much rugby as he is capable of in terms of ability
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 28th, 2022, 7:21 pm Maybe of course Salanoa has gotten as much rugby as he is capable of in terms of ability
you could be right there Dave, there is some truth in maybes.
On the other hand he's landed a three year contract so they've not binned him, but he's not even riding pine he's just like there.

I can't shake the feeling that he'd have had at least 20 or so caps if he were still at Leinster and he'd have either sunk or swum...
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

I've been following Jack McGraths rehab on social media. He is working hard to get back after the hip resurfacing. Id love if he came back to Leinster for a year or two IF he could prove his fitness. I was always a big fan of him. When he was fit and in form there wasn't many in the world could get near him.
berliner
Bookworm

Post by berliner »

Jack Dunne and Rory O'Loughlin starting for Exeter against Ulster tonight.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I was just reading that Berti Newman left Bristol because he couldn't get a UK passport. That seems like a very basic thing to have got wrong, I wonder what happened there? I take it Bristol weren't too interested in giving an academy spot to someone who'd have to qualify through residency? Or did he have an option to stay but decided being JIFF qualified and probably making more money in France was a better option? Strange one, would love to know the story about him not actually being EQ anyway.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by LeRouxIsPHat

I was just reading that Berti Newman left Bristol because he couldn't get a UK passport. That seems like a very basic thing to have got wrong, I wonder what happened there? I take it Bristol weren't too interested in giving an academy spot to someone who'd have to qualify through residency? Or did he have an option to stay but decided being JIFF qualified and probably making more money in France was a better option? Strange one, would love to know the story about him not actually being EQ anyway.

Never underestimate how f**ked up Brexit is or how racist the British Government is.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sunshiner1 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 8:39 am
by LeRouxIsPHat

Never underestimate how f**ked up Brexit is or how racist the British Government is.
To be fair, Bristol voted heavily to remain in the EU. This one is bizarre though I thought Irish passport holders were ok under the new rules.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Flash Gordon wrote: September 5th, 2022, 9:35 am
by LeRouxIsPHat

To be fair, Bristol voted heavily to remain in the EU. This one is bizarre though I thought Irish passport holders were ok under the new rules.
He’d be fine to work there but I think the issue is that he’d be NEQ in an English academy. That’s just my own interpretation of it, might be wrong.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Bryan Byrne is starting for Bristol between Genge and Sinckler
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

by LeRouxIsPHat

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62796077
If by racist you meant white, you might want to look at the link above.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Oldschool

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62796077
If by racist you meant white, you might want to look at the link above.
Nope I don't.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jack Dunne starting for exeter today.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

See RO’L got on for most of 2nd half for Exeter, anyone see how our two boys performed?
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I saw Dunne join the back of a couple of caterpillars and died a little inside. He got through a mountain of work as usual, if there’s a ruck then there’s a very strong chance he’s part of it. Some great aggressive clearouts. He certainly fits the way they play, no flash stuff in the bits I saw but he plays such an important role.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Paddy Patterson has looked very good for Munster vs Cardiff today. Good passing, lots of breaks and half breaks. Box kicks haven’t been great but a good outing for him overall.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Serb wrote: September 17th, 2022, 4:50 pm Paddy Patterson has looked very good for Munster vs Cardiff today. Good passing, lots of breaks and half breaks. Box kicks haven’t been great but a good outing for him overall.
Made too many bad choices at key points in the game.
I have Bumbleflex
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

I can recall one bad choice where he had two men outside him but opted to kick, but other than that I thought his decision making was fairly decent.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Anyone catch the lads in action today?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

paddyor wrote: September 18th, 2022, 7:56 pm Anyone catch the lads in action today?
Yeah. Dunne got through a lot of grunt work before being subbed off around the 50 minute mark. He was a very able partner to Gray in the second row. ROL set up a cracker of a try with a break and step up the left touchline, also gave a great pass for a try in the second half. Exeter are trying to play a bit more rugby from what I can see so far and he will definitely help them with that.

You’d hope Dunne will find his way back to us at some stage if he keeps getting picked by Exeter.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English