New kit

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

New kit

Post by cormac »

So silly season has officially started so let me be the first to ask when we're launching our new jersey.

I'm sure it'll be cr@p. :wink:
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: New kit

Post by johng »

Can I be the first to say....... :)
johng in August 2013 wrote: You could write this thread for next year already.

Start with 2 pages of obsessing over what it might look like. Then a few more about how it's not nice and should have more yellow. Then an argument about which of the last 10 season's jerseys was the nicest. Throw in a few posts about how it's probably not as bad in the "flesh" and "will look better on the players, and then finally turn up at a game and see everyone wearing it.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Yeah, soon to overtake the MOC out thread

but dont forget the unicorn
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

In case anyone hankers over owning the current version, Lovell are giving it away for £19.99. Relive the memories - go on - you know you want to.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Will always regret not picking up the 2011 H-Cup jersey, definitely the nicest one we've had in a few years and it was decent quality to boot.

Here's a question for the silly season thread. What's the best training jersey we've ever had?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

TerenureJim wrote:Will always regret not picking up the 2011 H-Cup jersey, definitely the nicest one we've had in a few years and it was decent quality to boot.

Here's a question for the silly season thread. What's the best training jersey we've ever had?
If results are anything to go by, I'd say 11/12.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Will MOC finally be vindicated when we get a new jersey and finally start playing better?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Peg Leg wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Will always regret not picking up the 2011 H-Cup jersey, definitely the nicest one we've had in a few years and it was decent quality to boot.

If results are anything to go by, I'd say 11/12.
Pics Peg, pics...
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

what year was the baby blue training jersey, before Canterbury brought in the sh!t collars(maybe the year before unicorn jizz?) , that and the 04/05 plain canterbury/bank of scotland are classics, they get soft washed, never see a rugby pitch or gym. They are going to be family heirlooms :D
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

We didnt control the jersey well enough
it was just too big a jersey for the non internationals to fill

Give me another year and a new jersey and I Promise it will all be better
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

It's a shame Leinster don't do consultation with fans on the jersey. Don't the OLSC allow season ticket holders to vote for the upcoming scarf via Facebook or twitter?

It shouldn't really matter a damn to Leinster what the design is like, but it should matter a lot on what design the fans prefer, as those are the people you are trying to sell it to, so if there's an overwhelming favourite, why not go with that? Merchandise sales will always be strong, but it seems there's little interest in listening to the customer at Leinster, on a range of issues I might add.

It would be a nice gesture of a consultation process if they sent a questionnaire out to all season ticket holders / ezine subscribers asking for feedback and suggestions on jersey design, send the results off to Canterbury, come back with 3 or 4 design suggestions and have an online poll. It's good marketing and customer relations and above all, means people can't whine about the design as it was based on fan suggestions and voted for by fans.
Last edited by COYBIB on May 18th, 2015, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blue not red blood wrote:We didnt control the jersey well enough
it was just too big a jersey for the non internationals to fill

Give me another year and a new jersey and I Promise it will all be better
I know you're joking...but that could be a genuine quote from Brendan Rodgers.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

COYBIB wrote:It's a shame Leinster don't do consultation with fans on the jersey. Don't the OLSC allow season ticket holders to vote for the upcoming scarf via Facebook or twitter?

It shouldn't really matter a damn to Leinster what the design is like, but it should matter a lot on what design the fans prefer, as those are the people you are trying to sell it to, so if there's an overwhelming favourite, why not go with that? Merchandise sales will always be strong, but it seems there's little interest in listening to the customer at Leinster, on a range of issues I might add.

It would be a nice gesture of a consultation process if they sent a questionnaire out to all season ticket holders / ezine subscribers asking for feedback and suggestions on jersey design, send the results off to Canterbury, come back with 3 or 4 design suggestions and have an online poll. It's good marketing and customer relations and above all, means people can't whine about the design as it was based on fan suggestions and voted for by fans.
They do consult fans, but consulting all season ticket holders would be a mammoth ask really. They have focus groups for that kind of thing just like everyone else. And I don't think recent jerseys have been anywhere near as bad as some suggest. I'd personally rather we did something a bit different every 2 years than keep releasing what is the same thing each time with next to no variation.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Ah fair enough, didn't know they did focus groups. I quite like some of the recent Leinster jerseys, there's always at least one between the regular jersey, training jersey and European jersey that isn't too bad, but I think a really open consultation process like I mentioned above would be easy enough - just informing people that their input is invited, then just forward said input to the designers to consider and then send back some suggestions for fans to vote on. Leinster would need little or no involvement in it other than sending out a mass email / sticking it up on social media sites.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

molloyjh wrote:
COYBIB wrote:It's a shame Leinster don't do consultation with fans on the jersey. Don't the OLSC allow season ticket holders to vote for the upcoming scarf via Facebook or twitter?

They do consult fans, but consulting all season ticket holders would be a mammoth ask really. They have focus groups for that kind of thing just like everyone else. And I don't think recent jerseys have been anywhere near as bad as some suggest. I'd personally rather we did something a bit different every 2 years than keep releasing what is the same thing each time with next to no variation.
The focus group process for 2017-18 happened recently
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

In fairness they have been getting it right more than wrong. The only jersey I haven't liked and didn't buy was the the one affectionately know as the unicorn jizz one.
I really like this seasons European jersey.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

COYBIB wrote:Ah fair enough, didn't know they did focus groups. I quite like some of the recent Leinster jerseys, there's always at least one between the regular jersey, training jersey and European jersey that isn't too bad, but I think a really open consultation process like I mentioned above would be easy enough - just informing people that their input is invited, then just forward said input to the designers to consider and then send back some suggestions for fans to vote on. Leinster would need little or no involvement in it other than sending out a mass email / sticking it up on social media sites.
Ffs. The amount of chyte that gets talked on these threads about jerseys. Imagine if it was on Facebook and/or twitter.

You could power the space shuttle with the amount of incoherent babble you would generate. People who had to read through it for cogent ideas would need counseling afterwards.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

johng wrote:
COYBIB wrote:Ah fair enough, didn't know they did focus groups. I quite like some of the recent Leinster jerseys, there's always at least one between the regular jersey, training jersey and European jersey that isn't too bad, but I think a really open consultation process like I mentioned above would be easy enough - just informing people that their input is invited, then just forward said input to the designers to consider and then send back some suggestions for fans to vote on. Leinster would need little or no involvement in it other than sending out a mass email / sticking it up on social media sites.
Ffs. The amount of chyte that gets talked on these threads about jerseys. Imagine if it was on Facebook and/or twitter.

You could power the space shuttle with the amount of incoherent babble you would generate. People who had to read through for cogent ideas would need counseling afterwards.
I likes to look good when I'm out on a Saturday night.

If it means some people at Canterbury end up gibbering idiots then so what.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Dave Cahill wrote:
When I see or hear the phrase 'focus group', why am I reminded of this?

http://makeagif.com/4YBgh8
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:
molloyjh wrote:

Was that for the terrace on the new stand? Think I missed that one!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan