toulon again!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Re: toulon again!

Post by Cianostays »

It's scraping the barrell of positivity but this is it. This competition is the only one we can realistically win. If the players are allowed to and are brave enough to go out and play, we may win this. We've feck all to lose so I really hope we've the liathroidí to go out and play. Keep the kicking to a minimum, players running onto the ball, using T'eo as a decoy and try an offload or 2.

I don't care at this stage whether it is MO'C, Leo, Jamie, Madser or whoever but someone, for the love of God, demand that we go out and play with the ball in hand. No minimising mistakes, leathering the ball downfield and hope they make a mistake but lets try to actually win the game.

I'm lucky enough to be going and against all rhyme, logic and reason I think we can win.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Having Barnes as ref with Nigel as touch judge is like having Joan Rivers opening for June Rogers

I watched Exeter v Northampton at weekend with Barnes refereeing at the weekend and he did the exact same as in Welsh match ie he made a big show of laying down a marker/proving a point/putting his stamp on the game and then ignored the same category of offence for the rest of the game. Exeter scrum had Saints on toast and Barnes was hammering Saints props with penalties and eventually a yellow (despite being the backrow doing all the infringing), Corbisiero comes back on after his replacement was binned, next scrum (5m) Corbisiero binds with his left arm so far under Exeter tighthead his elbow is on the ground, pressure comes on and he hinges/folds so much he practically kisses his feet and Barnes is on that side scrutinising it and completely ignores it. It was like an instructional video on scrum offences but Barnes thought Ive made a a big point so they mustve learnt their listen. Its amazing his stark lack of consistency within games

RE Jimmy G, since its been pointed out how he gives away when hes running by tucking the ball under one arm its so obvious when you see him play that I cant believe it when even the likes of the Dragons fall for it
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Barnes may subconsciously go easy on us after the furore over the Welsh game.

Or he could be pissed off with the abuse and ride us silly.

Who knows.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

The officials for this match are the least of our worries.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

It's a 2 horse race ultimately. Of course Leinster have a chance of winning.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Yep
Arkle v Mr. Ed
Still Arkle had the odd defeat
Come on Mr. Ed
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Barnes as ref might work in our favour as he seems to penalise the team on top more. Clutching at straws I know.....
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

On a lighter note, I hear that after last year’s debacle Leinster will be sending a delegation ahead to discuss the best way for the Team to enter the stadium. Yes, it’s a different stadium but Leinster want to have all the base’s covered. One of the options being discussed is to have the team break up into small groups and go through several entrances (possibly a couple over the wall and one or two through a small window round the back).

As usual Munster supporters will be monitoring the situation closely :wink:
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeinsterLeader wrote:On a lighter note, I hear that after last year’s debacle Leinster will be sending a delegation ahead to discuss the best way for the Team to enter the stadium. Yes, it’s a different stadium but Leinster want to have all the base’s covered. One of the options being discussed is to have the team break up into small groups and go through several entrances (possibly a couple over the wall and one or two through a small window round the back).
:lol:

If we are gonna lose at least let us lose through the right entrance.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Have to say I'm not familiar with the Stadium. Is there a place where we can clap them in when they arrive?
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Cianostays wrote:Have to say I'm not familiar with the Stadium. Is there a place where we can clap them in when they arrive?
No, you can't anymore. The busses are now entering in a wide parking under the official stand.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Toulon fan wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Have to say I'm not familiar with the Stadium. Is there a place where we can clap them in when they arrive?
No, you can't anymore. The busses are now entering in a wide parking under the official stand.
Right, the road beside the Stadium it is then ;-). Thanks for your help.

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Word on the street is that Kane Douglas is definitely out for Sunday . Shane Jennings too (head injury). Fergus McFadden available
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

Feel we have nothing to loose by giving it a serious Lash...MOC head on the line and many of the Players want to make a statement (I hope)....I cant take much more of the MOC "style" and tactics....as someone else said losing Johno Gibbs bigger loss than many realised.
le marseillais
Learner

Post by le marseillais »

Finally, Smith and Halfpenny ready for sunday.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

le marseillais wrote:Finally, Smith and Halfpenny ready for sunday.
Does this mean Smith (Juan not David) is starting instead of S.Armitage?
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
baloo83140

Post by baloo83140 »

Some news from Toulon : a first group of 29 unveiled for next sunday :
http://www.blog-rct.com/decouvrez-le-gr ... -leinster/
Halfpenny seems to be OK but not Max Mermoz...too early to say who will be in the debut team, but should Halfpenny be available, he will certainly be on the field, and D. Armitage probably on a wing. Juan Smith probably also with number 6, but there is a strong competition for the third line
le marseillais
Learner

Post by le marseillais »

baloo83140 wrote:Some news from Toulon : a first group of 29 unveiled for next sunday :
http://www.blog-rct.com/decouvrez-le-gr ... -leinster/
Halfpenny seems to be OK but not Max Mermoz...too early to say who will be in the debut team, but should Halfpenny be available, he will certainly be on the field, and D. Armitage probably on a wing. Juan Juanne :wink: Smith probably also with number 6, but there is a strong competition for the third line
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

Leinster need to play with the ball in hand during the first half last week they looked ok in the second half when they returned to kicking they just folded. Jimmy has no reason now not to play the running game he is quite good at. It's Leinsters only chance to win. Oh and give Ben a trailing runner he is begging to off load to runners.
Good luck hammer into them as we have enough good players to win this.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Toulon team should be :
1/ Alexandre Menini
2/ Guilhem Guirado
3/ Carl Hayman
4/ Bakkies Botha
5/ Ali Williams
6/ Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
7/ Juanne Smith
8/ Chris Masoe
9/ Sébastien Tillous-Borde
10/ Frédéric Michalak
11/ Bryan Habana
12/ Matt Giteau
13/ Mathieu Bastareaud
14/ Delon Armitage
15/ Leigh Halfpenny
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !