Seán Cronin

Re: Injury Outlook

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Sean Cronins season is over. Undergone Shoulder Surgery. 12 weeks recovery :(
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Sean Cronins season is over. Undergone Shoulder Surgery. 12 weeks recovery :(
Nothing in the season for Leinster now so get anyone who could be involved in the RWC seen to and sorted ASAP.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

molloyjh wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Sean Cronins season is over. Undergone Shoulder Surgery. 12 weeks recovery :(
Nothing in the season for Leinster now so get anyone who could be involved in the RWC seen to and sorted ASAP.
Yeah that seems to be the attitude but does that seem like a bit of a "laissez-faire" attitude in relation to our Euro qualification? I mean if the guy needs the op then fair enough but if it's something that he's been carrying until the season was over then I would have thought we're not there yet. Am I wrong? :shock:
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

if we cant qualify for europe with the team available we don't deserve to.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

goreyguy wrote:if we cant qualify for europe with the team available we don't deserve to.
That's fair enough. Who are we missing now?

Moore. Cronin. Dave K. Ruddock. Douglas. McFadden?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

We seem to be getting a lot of shoulder injuries...
Last edited by goreyguy on April 29th, 2015, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I think any players with niggles should get them sorted now, and I think that's pretty much what they're doing. Not just for Leinster and next season, but particularly if players are in contention for the world cup, it gives them enough time to get back to full fitness minus a niggle, all going to plan. After all, our remit is primarily to serve the national team, rightly or wrongly.

We should (should) have more than enough to get a result against Treviso at home and get a point if we need it away to Edinburgh.

On another note, Sexton has been hampered with a dodgy thigh strain (I think it was) in the last few weeks and handed over kicking duty mid game recently before being out injured. This seems to be a long, recurring injury that particularly affects his kicking. I hope he's not too busted when he comes back to us, it was already an issue before he left and has continued to be so over the last few years. It would be nice if he went under the knife now too and got it looked at / sorted if at all possible, but thems the breaks when players are out of IRFU control. Hope they've learned their lesson - really hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass come world cup time, as there's nobody even remotely in the same league as him to replace him.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:We seem to be getting a lot of shoulder injuries...
chips?
weight of expectations?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

From a players point of view - risk further injury to make sure of 5th place in the league, or play in the world cup??
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

olaf the fat wrote:From a players point of view - risk further injury to make sure of 5th place in the league, or play in the world cup??
Maybe the idea of playing for Leinster at all doesn't really appeal at the moment!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

goreyguy wrote:if we cant qualify for europe with the team available we don't deserve to.
True but under this coaching ticket we hardly deserve to and I would prefer to be there undeservedly that miss out entirely. Would agree that anyone who needs it should get the treatment but I would not be resting anyone or sending them off for early treatment when we just need them for two more games. The finances of Leinster and our ability to attract and keep quality players is reliant on the next two games.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Fireworks wrote:
True but under this coaching ticket we hardly deserve to and I would prefer to be there undeservedly that miss out entirely. Would agree that anyone who needs it should get the treatment but I would not be resting anyone or sending them off for early treatment when we just need them for two more games. The finances of Leinster and our ability to attract and keep quality players is reliant on the next two games.
Ireland trumps Leinster.
Anyway there is enough IRFU money spent for Leinster to beat Treviso and Embra.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

another shoulder surgery for a torn labrum, this time Luke Fitzgerald.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

what seriously? f%~k?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

neiliog93 wrote:what seriously?
Doesn't sound as serious as his other injuries:

In The Examiner, Leo Cullen says "He will certainly be out for the next two weeks. I don’t think it’s a World Cup issue", so hopefully it's not career-ending.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

He'll be fine for the World Cup
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

COYBIB wrote:It would be nice if he went under the knife now too and got it looked at / sorted if at all possible, but thems the breaks when players are out of IRFU control. Hope they've learned their lesson - really hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass come world cup time, as there's nobody even remotely in the same league as him to replace him.
I think a lot of people seem to have this belief the IRFU player management system is the be all and end all.
They get the best out of Irish players for the Irish national side but often to the detriment of the player's club/provincial side.
I am not getting all MOC and using that as an excuse but players are only being managed for the national side.
Racing has been pretty decent to Sexton: he has been injured or unavailable for probably 50% of the time he has been there. Last season, there was his glass jaw and his hamstring. This season there was the concussion and various thigh injuries.
They have shown a duty of care that it could be argued was not shown by the Irish national side, which is obliged to (and does) pick him when he is far from fully fit.

As an Ireland fan, it's good. As a Leinster fan, it is hard to see us getting a satisfactory return from the IRFU's no. 1 asset. Will he start more than 5 Pro12 games in regular season? Let's see.

It's great for Ireland that lots of Leinster players are clocking off early and having bits of scar tissue or loose cartilage hoovered up. It is not great for Leinster.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'd love to know if Luke played against Ulster with that injury.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

curates_egg wrote:
COYBIB wrote:It would be nice if he went under the knife now too and got it looked at / sorted if at all possible, but thems the breaks when players are out of IRFU control. Hope they've learned their lesson - really hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass come world cup time, as there's nobody even remotely in the same league as him to replace him.
I think a lot of people seem to have this belief the IRFU player management system is the be all and end all.
They get the best out of Irish players for the Irish national side but often to the detriment of the player's club/provincial side.
I am not getting all MOC and using that as an excuse but players are only being managed for the national side.
Racing has been pretty decent to Sexton: he has been injured or unavailable for probably 50% of the time he has been there. Last season, there was his glass jaw and his hamstring. This season there was the concussion and various thigh injuries.
They have shown a duty of care that it could be argued was not shown by the Irish national side, which is obliged to (and does) pick him when he is far from fully fit.

As an Ireland fan, it's good. As a Leinster fan, it is hard to see us getting a satisfactory return from the IRFU's no. 1 asset. Will he start more than 5 Pro12 games in regular season? Let's see.

It's great for Ireland that lots of Leinster players are clocking off early and having bits of scar tissue or loose cartilage hoovered up. It is not great for Leinster.
You're completely right, but unfortunately thems the breaks. I'd rather have Sexton under IRFU management for Ireland and have him for 5 or 6 Pro12 games a season than not have him under IRFU management and have him for none.

Provinces will always play second fiddle to the national team and as long as players play for their provinces, they will always be held back to further the interests of the national team. Especially coming up to the world cup, it's a free for all in the surgery wards around the country.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'd love to know if Luke played against Ulster with that injury.
Probably, but I doubt it's a major issue. I'd say this is all just a case of getting guys as close to 100% as possible for the RWC.