Leinster V Munster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Leinster V Munster

Post by the spoofer »

Very disappointed to see that Leinster Rugby/Ticketmaster have decided to downgrade the tickets for Season Ticket holders in the North Stand for this match. We have always received South Stand Lower tickets but suddenly this has changed to South Stand Upper for this game. As the joke goes " I ran into the back of a car today, a dwarf gets out and says "i'm not happy". I ask "we'll which one are you?" I'm that dwarf.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Re: Leinster V Munster

Post by Leoslovechild »

the spoofer wrote:Very disappointed to see that Leinster Rugby/Ticketmaster have decided to downgrade the tickets for Season Ticket holders in the North Stand for this match. We have always received South Stand Lower tickets but suddenly this has changed to South Stand Upper for this game. As the joke goes " I ran into the back of a car today, a dwarf gets out and says "i'm not happy". I ask "we'll which one are you?" I'm that dwarf.
Yes I noticed this a while ago and contacted the ticket office in Leinster at the time as my wife would not be good with heights and those seats are cr@p anyway and they changed me to South Stand lower no problem
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I prefer the upper to the lower tbh.
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

I'm a terrace season ticket holder (2 tickets) and the tickets issued to me for Lansdowne Rd matches started in the north stand, last season was South West corner lower (decent enough) and I see this year it's South upper. It's looking like Leinster Rugby will have me seated in the carpark by next season! Not expecting West Lower at the halfway line on the price I pay for my tickets but I do think their placement is pretty cr@ppy. :(
Also think it's pricey enough for a pro 12 game even though it is an interpro. I was looking at maybe going for a different seat but they're Heineken prices. Probably won't sell out either. Maybe slightly cheaper would've been the way to go.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Is this different to last year?

Email the Ticket Office and see if they'll move you.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Terrace holder. Given front row of the South Upper

Happy Enough :)
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I'd give Mick McGrath the nod over Fanj here. Four starts and no meat for Fanj. McGrath has come off the bench 3 times had an assist and near miss against Scarlets and got some meat against the Blues.

Do I rate wingers solely by their strike rate?

Yes.

Yes, I do. :P
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

RoboProp wrote:I'd give Mick McGrath the nod over Fanj here. Four starts and no meat for Fanj. McGrath has come off the bench 3 times had an assist and near miss against Scarlets and got some meat against the Blues.

Yes.

Im going on hair (facial)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Strongest team?

1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Ross
4. Toner
5. Douglas
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Gopperth?
11. McFadden
12. Madigan?
13. Darcy
14. Kirchner?
15. Kearney?
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

RoboProp wrote:I'd give Mick McGrath the nod over Fanj here. Four starts and no meat for Fanj. McGrath has come off the bench 3 times had an assist and near miss against Scarlets and got some meat against the Blues.

Yes.

He does appear hungry (for meat?) so I'd tend to agree on Mickey Mc.

Tbh I'd have him over Ferg at the moment too, and I say that as a Ferg fan.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

For me McGrath M gets the nod ahead of Ferg.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Peg Leg wrote:For me McGrath M gets the nod ahead of Ferg.
Never happening though, Mick is still very new and raw defensively for pro rugby.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

outcast eddie wrote:

Yes.

He does appear hungry (for meat?) so I'd tend to agree on Mickey Mc.

Tbh I'd have him over Ferg at the moment too, and I say that as a Ferg fan.
I tea leafed this one off of Drico and the Honey Badger, meat pies= tries
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

We badly need some back 3 players available. The back 3 of McGrath, Fanning and Madigan was attacked last night, successfully.

Hopefully RK was just taken off as a precaution last night. He was getting some attention on what appeared to be his thigh after chasing across the pitch. Looked like a tweaked muscle but he played on until half time.

We cannot function well with Rob Kearney, Zane Kirchner, Luke Fitzgerald and Dave Kearney all absent.

For next week, I'd probably go with Kearney, Fanning, Macken, D'Arcy, McFadden, Madigan, Reddan, Heaslip, Ryan, Toner, McCarthy, Ross, Cronin and McGrath

There are some glaring gaps in the side most notably Fanning and I'm not comfortable with Ryan at 7 at all either against any good back row. He's good around the field, gets through a lot of tackles, covers a lot of ground but is not up to speed at the breakdown. Fanning is there simply because we've little choice and he was good last night making yards he had no right to and doing a great job at rucks.

Douglas probably isn't up to speed fully yet. Last night was a good run out for him but I'm not sure he's ready for this level yet against the likes of POC. Let him get a little more familiar and come on for the last 30 minutes, start against Zebre and then see if he's ready for Europe.

Madigan needs to put down a marker. JG has been poor at 10 but Madigan has been poor at 12. If Madigan can deliver a half decent performance, he could be in business. If he continues his poor showings, JG to come back in. As it stands, I think JG will actually start next week, though.

We're also exposed on the bench. The likes of Bent, Byrne and Conan aren't going to give great cover from the bench if called on.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Couldn't start Mick McGrath. He's very raw without the ball and appears to be carrying a hand injury. There was a lot of covering done for him positionally particularly on kicks. We can't have that with guys like Zebo and VDH chasing.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Kearney was complaining about a pain in his arm as well when he was getting treatment for his thigh. He took some seriously big hits, fingers crossed he was just felt a bit bashed up. Side note, his decision to place the ball on the deck before being tackled into touch was genius.

I think Ryan is playing well but I agree about the breakdown. With that said, the entire team needs to improve in that regard.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Any word on our injuries?
Getting Kirch, Reid, McGrath & SOB back would be big pluses.
Hopefully, our half backs can start firing a bit.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I fully expect a much improved performance from Munster next week. Our lads better be ready.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Going into this game a couple of years ago without Jennings, BOD and Cullen would be unthinkable.

This will be the first game where we really need to see some leaders emerge from the panel. Ruddock has become an important figure, hopefully he can emerge as a leader up front now because we need it. Also important we have RK back for the same reason.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Form traditionally goes out the window for these matches but I really hope leinster find some soon. A win would be sweet though irrespective of style. Bet it's close though.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am