A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster V Munster

Post by PCASEY »

PCASEY wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:
You might, and then again you might not. So far this season Munster have given away 32 penalties & 0 Yellow cards (only team in the Pro12 not have gotten a YC so far which isn't bad considering we played the Ospreys which usually entails a red or two).

Leinster have conceeded 36 penalties and 1 yellow card.
I'm not too sure your plan for playing for penalties is a banker. :wink:
bump....
and bump...
bet murray gets the MoM as well
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Final score 23-34. Well deserved for Munster.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Thought Kane was good when he came on. Also the Byrne brothers. Straws. Clutching.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

ichabodscrane wrote:Barnes giving out about Gopperth's aimless kicking again (63mins). For those of you who are recording it..
Why is JG so undroppable? We seriously need to change up this backline. It offers nothing.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Gopperth was absolute dog sh!t, really needs a spell on the pine at this stage, but unlikely to get it.

Second half was brighter. Two Byrnes in particular looked excellent.

We really need our physios to do some serious work in the next two weeks, crazy injury list.

In terms of the elephant in the room, the usual knee jerk stuff will happen, and we were rudderless certainly, but there's also a combination of factors which contributed to that, not just our coach.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

wixfjord wrote:Gopperth was absolute dog sh!t, really needs a spell on the pine at this stage, but unlikely to get it.

We really need our physios to do some serious work in the next two weeks, crazy injury list.

In terms of the elephant in the room, the usual knee jerk stuff will happen, and we were rudderless certainly, but there's also a combination of factors which contributed to that, not just our coach.
i agree with the comment on Gopperth, but the problem is who do you replace him with? what the hell has happened to madigans form from last year, if this was the first time you saw madigan play, based only on the 5 games so far this season would we be screaming for him to get the 10 shirt?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

PCASEY wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Gopperth was absolute dog sh!t, really needs a spell on the pine at this stage, but unlikely to get it.

i agree with the comment on Gopperth, but the problem is who do you replace him with? what the hell has happened to madigans form from last year, if this was the first time you saw madigan play, based only on the 5 games so far this season would we be screaming for him to get the 10 shirt?
Well that's it really, Madigan wasn't exactly pulling up trees either, and we'll likely need him further out, so we're probably stuck with JG.

Could end up with Fanning and McGrath both in the 22 for Europe at this rate.
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

just home no complaints good game better team won...man do I hate the Aviva vs The RDS
Tonic Wine
Bookworm

Post by Tonic Wine »

Dave Cahill should retract his statement,he did Leinster slot of harm tonight.
leinster10
Knowledgeable

Post by leinster10 »

A lot of people dancing around the issues here, put aside the ref and our 10. We were beaten and beaten badly up front, their back or store us apart, their physicality was too much. Cronin, casey, o'donnell and cj were making easy yards all day. We have problems that go far beyond the coach or selection, we have obrien and Healy out until a after Christmas and have an tight head who can play 50mins max, our 2nd rows were cleaned out and with the exemption of ruddock we were overwhelmed in the backdown
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Bogger wrote:just home no complaints good game better team won...man do I hate the Aviva vs The RDS
It's not ideal but its a big payday for the IRFU so it has to happen. Its also good for the league and it looked really good on SKY.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Keith wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Scrum is a bit of a lottery with the ref, breakdown too, Munster being allowed all over our ball we need to start bossing the collisions if it's not going to be reffed.
Ye the ref lets go with that! He is the reason we are getting hammered
This is my favourite!! :clap:
leinster10
Knowledgeable

Post by leinster10 »

Sorry excuse predictive text and few pints
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Couldn't believe how easily they made so much ground through the middle in the first half, it was embarrassing.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Munster started off by messing up the kick off, having two players run into each other and one turned over by one of the smallest guys on the pitch, and with a pass to nobody near their own line which resulted in them dotting down and giving away the scrum.....and yet they hockeyed us. Not only that, but they had 4 (think it was 4) players carded and we didn't even get a losing bonus point. I'm appalled by that performance.

We brought zero physicality to the game. We're playing one of our biggest rivals in the Aviva, and barely show up in contact.

The breakdown was unbelievably bad. How many turnovers did we concede? That ties in with the physicality to an extent because we rarely fought for extra yards or to present the ball well in contact but regardless of that, the lack of numbers we were putting in there was ridiculous. Then we started putting TOO many in....WHEN MUNSTER WERE DOWN TO 13!!! Jesus wept.

I was aghast when Jimmy kicked the ball away for a second time when they were down to 13, whatever about the first one, surely the message should have got on after that? As much as I think Munster were starting to creak and we had the numbers to run them ragged, if you ARE going to kick, should it not be out of play given that Munster had a hooker in the bin???

Lots of poor performances but tactically we were so inept that I almost don't care.

Munster did absolutely nothing special to win that. They did one thing that we didn't...turn up. Fair play to them for going back to basics and absolutely nailing that gameplan aside from that error ridden first few minutes though. It was really simple stuff but they committed to it and executed really well. Discipline obviously deserted them near the end but the game was won by that stage. POC and Murray were absolutely superb. A few other very good performances but they were absolutely world class. POC was particularly impressive when we were on top early on, seemed to be playing us on his own.

I can't believe we didn't adjust to how much joy they got around our ten channel. I said it a couple of days ago that we'd need to defend the fringes well because Munster would go back to that simple game but we were a total non entity. Whatever about messing that (and other things) up initially, why the f%#k didn't we react to it?

Disappointing to see Furlong go off so quickly. One huge scrum on our line showed how much talent he has and he cleared a ruck like nobody else on the team had managed to do. Hope Ferg isn't as bad as it looked at the time, very worried about that one.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Munster started off by messing up the kick off, having two players run into each other and one turned over by one of the smallest guys on the pitch, and with a pass to nobody near their own line which resulted in them dotting down and giving away the scrum.....and yet they hockeyed us. Not only that, but they had 4 (think it was 4) players carded and we didn't even get a losing bonus point. I'm appalled by that performance.

We brought zero physicality to the game. We're playing one of our biggest rivals in the Aviva, and barely show up in contact.

The breakdown was unbelievably bad. How many turnovers did we concede? That ties in with the physicality to an extent because we rarely fought for extra yards or to present the ball well in contact but regardless of that, the lack of numbers we were putting in there was ridiculous. Then we started putting TOO many in....WHEN MUNSTER WERE DOWN TO 13!!! Jesus wept.

I was aghast when Jimmy kicked the ball away for a second time when they were down to 13, whatever about the first one, surely the message should have got on after that? As much as I think Munster were starting to creak and we had the numbers to run them ragged, if you ARE going to kick, should it not be out of play given that Munster had a hooker in the bin???

Lots of poor performances but tactically we were so inept that I almost don't care.

Munster did absolutely nothing special to win that. They did one thing that we didn't...turn up. Fair play to them for going back to basics and absolutely nailing that gameplan aside from that error ridden first few minutes though. It was really simple stuff but they committed to it and executed really well. Discipline obviously deserted them near the end but the game was won by that stage. POC and Murray were absolutely superb. A few other very good performances but they were absolutely world class. POC was particularly impressive when we were on top early on, seemed to be playing us on his own.

I can't believe we didn't adjust to how much joy they got around our ten channel. I said it a couple of days ago that we'd need to defend the fringes well because Munster would go back to that simple game but we were a total non entity. Whatever about messing that (and other things) up initially, why the f%#k didn't we react to it?

Disappointing to see Furlong go off so quickly. One huge scrum on our line showed how much talent he has and he cleared a ruck like nobody else on the team had managed to do. Hope Ferg isn't as bad as it looked at the time, very worried about that one.
Say's more about Leinster really. We thought we would need something special to win it. We also though we would need 15 players on for 80 mins. Who would of thought hey?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Excellent post LRIP. Can't argue with any of that especially the turning up bit.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Call99
Beginner

Post by Call99 »

Gotta agree with this,a 10-any 10 to give us Field position both this week and last
When the pressure was on would have made a vital difference.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

blockhead wrote:I fully expect a much improved performance from Munster next week. Our lads better be ready.
Respect
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

cormac wrote:Whatever about the appointment of Foley, who at least has built up some decent coaching experience, then bringing in the likes of Mick O'Driscoll, Jerry Flannery et al. doesn't look like it's working.