Game 1: Leinster away to Glasgow [06/09/14] Sky Sports

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Game 1: Leinster away to Glasgow [06/09/14] Sky Sports

Post by simonokeeffe »

think as hes a cautious cat MOC might have Luke on the bench when Reddan is back starting and bottle feed him gametime

Leinster site has Ben Marshall listed as 6'5 now, has he suddenly grown? Will need to bulk up if hes going to be a long term lock now instead of a backrower
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:think as hes a cautious cat MOC might have Luke on the bench when Reddan is back starting and bottle feed him gametime

Leinster site has Ben Marshall listed as 6'5 now, has he suddenly grown? Will need to bulk up if hes going to be a long term lock now instead of a backrower
He has been listed at 6'5 since under-20 level.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

the spoofer wrote:Most worrying aspect of our play, not just in this game but last season as well, is our ruck work. We are not cleaning out past the ball and not protecting the ball. I attended some course given by players who had been coached by JS and the one thing they stressed was the accuracy that he demanded at ruck time. Point of entry, body position, leg drive and aggression were all examined. I remember a clip of Mike Ross arriving at a ruck and just flopping in and the coach said that he would have got a bollocking for that on Monday.

Our rucking is pedestrian, the ball has to be dug out, there was one phase on Saturday where Boss had to drag somebody off the ball to get at it. I'm not sure if its that the players have dropped their standards in this aspect or the coach has dropped his. Either way it needs to improve.
This. Especially when we get into opposition 22. Glasgow deserve some credit for this on Saturday though. Really made a nuisance of themselves at every ruck.

On the match itself, I thought Glasgow were brilliant especially in the opening half. We gave them lots of ball and they made lots of chances from it. Always had a suspicion that Glasgow couldn't keep it up the full 80 and I think I was right. We wasted as many good chances as the gifted chances we took. Same could be said of Glasgow. As with the same fixture last year the scoreline flatters us a bit. Don't understand how people can take it as proof positive that the season is a failure.

Truly valiant effort by Matawalu to lose that game on Saturday!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:think as hes a cautious cat MOC might have Luke on the bench when Reddan is back starting and bottle feed him gametime

He has been listed at 6'5 since under-20 level.
Ive definitely read him as 6'4 in places

for sure though he has been fed and watered to be a backrow the last few years
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon