Glasgow away 5/6/7th Sept

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Glasgow away 5/6/7th Sept

Post by domhnallj »

Anyone know when are the tickets for this game being made available?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

AwayTheWell wrote:
cwebber82 wrote:Do we ever get a home game to kick off the season? Seems it's always away.
Usually want the extra week to get the RDS ready after the Horse Show.
Cheers. That makes sense.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

domhnallj wrote:Anyone know when are the tickets for this game being made available?
10am tomorrow.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

kermischocolate wrote:
domhnallj wrote:Anyone know when are the tickets for this game being made available?
10am tomorrow.
Thanks very much.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Any tips on where to buy tickets for in the ground? Going to make my way up for it.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ratpack wrote:Any tips on where to buy tickets for in the ground? Going to make my way up for it.
There was f**k all available when I had a look yesterday so I am in the standing area (again) at one end. It isn't even a proper terrace.

Skyeman

Post by Skyeman »

domhnallj wrote:
ratpack wrote:Any tips on where to buy tickets for in the ground? Going to make my way up for it.
There was f**k all available when I had a look yesterday so I am in the standing area (again) at one end. It isn't even a proper terrace.

Try calling 0844 335 3933 (don,t know the code from Ireland).

I thought that they kept an allocation in all areas for visiting supporters. Best of luck.
kermischocolate
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:
I'd have thought the "proper" standing terrace would be up at one end for the start of the season given current capacity issues.

There are all sorts of athletics and planning complications though so it's never clear what capacity will be available when except for the end of the season. Last year the extra capacity was steadily added during season as demand increased.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

domhnallj wrote:
Would hazard a guess not all tickets have been released for sale (yet).
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

kermischocolate wrote:
I'd have thought the "proper" standing terrace would be up at one end for the start of the season given current capacity issues.

There are all sorts of athletics and planning complications though so it's never clear what capacity will be available when except for the end of the season. Last year the extra capacity was steadily added during season as demand increased.
Dunno, but last year I was stood just off a running track level with the pitch which didn't give a great view especially if you weren't on the rail. Are they putting in raised standing?

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

sheepshagger wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Would hazard a guess not all tickets have been released for sale (yet).
You think? Meh, bought a ticket for the terrace now. Just happy to be making the trip.

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Yep - there's no way they've sold that many tickets already, will probably buy for the East Terrace. In reality you can usually walk around a fair bit without any hassle.

Still showing good availability there.
kermischocolate
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:

Dunno, but last year I was stood just off a running track level with the pitch which didn't give a great view especially if you weren't on the rail. Are they putting in raised standing?
Yea cos last year they didn't start putting in the temporary stands (terrace initially then replaced with seats by the end if season) until October-ish iirc. They expanded capacity as season went on.

I think there will be a proper terrace earlier this season as the demand is high enough but there are potential planning issues/ athletics season not finished etc of which I don't know the details.

Given over 3000 STs have been sold (small number to you guys but big for us considering capacity is only 4.5/5k) there were very few seats able to be had in the main/north stands before individual match tickets have gone on sale. So without building more stands I'm not sure where these extra tickets are going to magically appear from.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Went and bought for behind the goals anyway, hopefully a decent view and decent weather, or am I asking too much?!
kermischocolate
Mullet

I take it back- they've magically got lots more tickets on sale for the main/north stands from this morning.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Skyeman wrote:

Try calling 0844 335 3933 (don,t know the code from Ireland).

I thought that they kept an allocation in all areas for visiting supporters. Best of luck.
Thanks, will remember for next year.

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

kermischocolate wrote:I take it back- they've magically got lots more tickets on sale for the main/north stands from this morning.
Damnit. Ah well, at least I'll be there - probably standing behind some huge Jock.

kermischocolate
Mullet

domhnallj wrote:
kermischocolate wrote:I take it back- they've magically got lots more tickets on sale for the main/north stands from this morning.
Damnit. Ah well, at least I'll be there - probably standing behind some huge Jock.

Give the ticket office a phone- they're generally really helpful. Otherwise pray to the weather gods!!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

kermischocolate wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

Give the ticket office a phone- they're generally really helpful. Otherwise pray to the weather gods!!
Done and done. Now in the main stand. As you say, extremely helpful people in the office. Thanks.

grahamwa
Beginner

Post by grahamwa »

Some details on the Scotstoun provided to Glasgow Season Ticket holders last night.

http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/phpbb/vi ... 6&start=10

"The pitch was removed during the summer, under soil heating removed, more sand added and the drainage improved. The under soil heating is back in place. They're very hopefully that the pitch will stand up much better this year.

Big screen to be present for all league games.

West stand to be built in time for the Leinster game. That'll bring capacity upto 6,000 odd.

East stand will be built in time for the European fixtures, that'll bring capacity upto 7,000 odd.

Intention is to bring the 7's stands in situ at the earliest opportunity."