Rabo pro 12 final 2014

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Rabo pro 12 final 2014

Post by footrush »

Anyone one know if Glasgow are putting their allocation on general sale yet ?.
Flying wedge
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rabo pro 12 final 2014

Post by Hornet »

footrush wrote:Anyone one know if Glasgow are putting their allocation on general sale yet ?.
Check your e-mail.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Hornet wrote:
footrush wrote:Anyone one know if Glasgow are putting their allocation on general sale yet ?.
Check your e-mail.
Can't see Glasgow taking more than 1500-2000 (they are entitled to half).

Public sales for us look like from Friday.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Will there be a public sale for non ST?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Hornet wrote:
Check your e-mail.
Thanks Hornet, I know when we are selling our tickets was hoping to see if I could get some from the Glasgow allocation before they send them back to us.
Last edited by footrush on May 18th, 2014, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Hi, my friend who's out of the country (and a total iTard) is the email address associated with the season tickets. I have both the tickets at the moment, could someone post the email here or pm me with a copy. Thanks
EDIT got it.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sheepshagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Check your e-mail.
Can't see Glasgow taking more than 1500-2000 (they are entitled to half).

Public sales for us look like from Friday.
I'd be amazed if they got anywhere close to that to be honest. If we took 2000 to Glasgow I think that'd be a good result, I'd say they might bring a couple of hundred max. Tickets shouldn't be a problem, question is where they out us...
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Gerry is saying Glasgow will take 4-5k; unless theyre flogging them to corporate groups thats a full home gate for them, would be great if they did but would be amazing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

After 'registering our interest' are we then allocated tickets? Do we not have a choice of what price bracket or where we would like to buy?

This sounds like an ideal opportunity to shift shite seats on those that they know will be certainly going, by their early registration, and leave the more attractive allocations to ensure an easier public sale in a short period.

I sense a conspiracy, where's my pitchfork..
Get in the f%~king bag.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Slipper1 wrote:After 'registering our interest' are we then allocated tickets? Do we not have a choice of what price bracket or where we would like to buy?

This sounds like an ideal opportunity to shift shite seats on those that they know will be certainly going, by their early registration, and leave the more attractive allocations to ensure an easier public sale in a short period.

Not how I read it. Once you get your password to buy you will be able to buy tickets throughout the price range (a la the semi).
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

simonokeeffe wrote:Gerry is saying Glasgow will take 4-5k; unless theyre flogging them to corporate groups thats a full home gate for them, would be great if they did but would be amazing
Wow, boy did I call that wrong! If they do that'll be great for the atmosphere and will also ensure that all season ticket holders are accommodated.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Hornet wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:After 'registering our interest' are we then allocated tickets? Do we not have a choice of what price bracket or where we would like to buy?

Not how I read it. Once you get your password to buy you will be able to buy tickets throughout the price range (a la the semi).
Cool, that's sounds much more sensible and practical. To be fair to LR, they have their stuff together on tickets at this stage and unless you go out to seek issues, they rarely appear. Unless you're me and regularly screw up the purchase process.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Flash Gordon wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Gerry is saying Glasgow will take 4-5k; unless theyre flogging them to corporate groups thats a full home gate for them, would be great if they did but would be amazing
Wow, boy did I call that wrong! If they do that'll be great for the atmosphere and will also ensure that all season ticket holders are accommodated.
Can't see them bringing more than 1k, which would be about ten times more than a usual travelling crowd. There's a lot of excitement about them teaching the final, but as we all know with the provinces here, the growth phase does take a while to take off.
Get in the f%~king bag.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Flash Gordon wrote:
once theyre not all like the rambunctious yahoos from the visit to RDS before last
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
craigchalmers
Beginner

Post by craigchalmers »

Not quite a full house for us these days - been averaging 8,000 for the last few weeks. But still finding that figure hard to believe (as much as I hope it's true). Think the interest is there, but to take those numbers the club would need to put on transports for large numbers at a reasonable price.

What is pretty much certain is that this will be our biggest ever travelling support (although the previous best is only a couple of hundred at previous semi's/in Toulon). You guys need to remember, this game is a far bigger deal for us (and for all of Scottish rugby) than it is for you guys - you have been in many finals before, but we've never been here, and who knows how long it will be until we are here again. Therefore, think a lot of people who have never travelled to an away game before will be travelling for this one! (For similar reason, I really think if Ulster had won on saturday there could have 30-40K at a final in Glasgow)

Price of a Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Dublin the day of the final jumped from £100 to £370 within an hour of full time - so there is obviously reasonable numbers of people booking! Now, we just need a couple of 747's chartered by the club a la Clermont last season to get us near the 4-5K...

Congratulations to you guys on making the final again; I'm surprisingly looking forward to returning to Dublin (felt so low after the semi-final last season we vowed never to return to the RDS..) to watch the 2 best teams in the league fight it out. Suppose it's only fitting our first final should be in Dublin - our 7th trip in 3 years! Here's hoping we get a great advert for the league, and a new name on the trophy ;)

Also think the is a nice irony to BOD playing his last game against a team he spent much of his career avoiding :P
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

craigchalmers wrote:
Not quite a full house for us these days - been averaging 8,000 for the last few weeks. But still finding that figure hard to believe (as much as I hope it's true). Think the interest is there, but to take those numbers the club would need to put on transports for large numbers at a reasonable price.

What is pretty much certain is that this will be our biggest ever travelling support (although the previous best is only a couple of hundred at previous semi's/in Toulon). You guys need to remember, this game is a far bigger deal for us (and for all of Scottish rugby) than it is for you guys - you have been in many finals before, but we've never been here, and who knows how long it will be until we are here again. Therefore, think a lot of people who have never travelled to an away game before will be travelling for this one! (For similar reason, I really think if Ulster had won on saturday there could have 30-40K at a final in Glasgow)

Price of a Ryanair flight from Prestwick to Dublin the day of the final jumped from £100 to £370 within an hour of full time - so there is obviously reasonable numbers of people booking! Now, we just need a couple of 747's chartered by the club a la Clermont last season to get us near the 4-5K...

Congratulations to you guys on making the final again; I'm surprisingly looking forward to returning to Dublin (felt so low after the semi-final last season we vowed never to return to the RDS..) to watch the 2 best teams in the league fight it out. Suppose it's only fitting our first final should be in Dublin - our 7th trip in 3 years! Here's hoping we get a great advert for the league, and a new name on the trophy ;)

Also think the is a nice irony to BOD playing his last game against a team he spent much of his career avoiding :P
Hope you do come in big numbers, really make a great day of it. Its a 1.5 hour drive from Belfast to Dublin these days so driving or getting a coach is a reasonable option too.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Got the ferry from Belfast for the 2009 HEC final, so it should be doable alright. AFAIK you can book straight through from Glasgow - train to stranraer, ferry to belfast, train to dublin all on one ticket
I have Bumbleflex
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Dave Cahill wrote:Got the ferry from Belfast for the 2009 HEC final, so it should be doable alright. AFAIK you can book straight through from Glasgow - train to stranraer, ferry to belfast, train to dublin all on one ticket
Not Stranraer these days. Ferry terminal has gone. Train to Ayr, then Bus to Cainryan, Ferry to Belfast, walk to Belfast Central, then Train to Dublin. Perversely it cheaper to travel by Rail/Sail via England and Holyhead - Dublin Port, (and from personal experience less stressful). Route Glasgow - Crewe (or Warrington Bank Quay) - Chester - Holyhead - Dublin Port.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I think there will be an extra couple of the London Scotish types who would travel to big games but not back up north for smaller games.

How many came over for the Edin v Ulster game a few years back?
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
raith rover
Beginner

Post by raith rover »

Leinster might be surprised at how many Scots are going to the match to support Glasgow in the final. This is a big match for Scottish rugby and the clans are gathering for it !