Leinster v Edinburgh - Sat 10th May - RDS - KO 18.30

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Edinburgh - Sat 10th May - RDS - KO 18.30

Post by goreyguy »

Attacking play is basically - pass one out from the ruck, run into nearest defender. Pass one out from the ruck, run into nearest defender. Etc etc.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Score? Out of country. Link anyone?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

offshorerules wrote:Score? Out of country. Link anyone?
8-6 to us after 53 mins. I'm watching on this: http://nfl-streaming.tv/stream14.html
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

15-6 now
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Putrid.. Leinster aren't winning any cups aslong as Matt O'Connor is the coach..
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

goreyguy wrote:Putrid.. Leinster aren't winning any cups aslong as Matt O'Connor is the coach..

It's brutal to watch but there's a strong chance they'll win this with home advantage throughout playoffs.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Avenger wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Putrid.. Leinster aren't winning any cups aslong as Matt O'Connor is the coach..

It's brutal to watch but there's a strong chance they'll win this with home advantage throughout playoffs.
No doubt, but the rugby is awful and the coaching isn't much better..
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Macken is certainly a winger.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Isaac Boss, your time has come. Thanks for the memories.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Why was Boss still on the field? Also skill levels of everyone have regressed massively.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

Leinster's biggest problem is MOC. He's just a bad fit for Leinster. Not up to the job.

He's getting the David Moyes treatment by the media. Everybody can see he's out of his depth but nobody saying it.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

With France/England having the money advantage Leinster need to have the coaching advantage and under MOC we will never...
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

cwebber82 wrote:Leinster's biggest problem is MOC. He's just a bad fit for Leinster. Not up to the job.

He's getting the David Moyes treatment by the media. Everybody can see he's out of his depth but nobody saying it.
At least give him the chance to bring in his own players in the summer transfer window.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

That was just appalling.

Faith in MOC swiftly vanishing.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

We conceded 16 less tries this term under MOC than we did last year with Joe. Something positive I suppose.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Remember when we focused on being the best passing team in Europe? Now we're a brute force, phase after phase, midfield crash ball team. We play absolutely awful rugby and rely on individual sparks to make things happen, Edinburgh showed you can just stay out of rucks and pack the midfield and we're completely clueless.

We are an extremely, extremely average team with better players than most which enables us to just about win games, but not through any discernible or intelligent game plan.

Against good teams this season: Beat Ulster at home in a arm-wrestle penalty shootout at home and limped home against a 14 man Ulster away who are in injury crisis, scraped an undeserved losing bonus point away to Munster and just about got over the line at home in another sparkless arm wrestle. Glasgow away we hadn't a clue and at home should have lost but Glasgow were happy enough with a losing bonus, but had they been more cut throat would have beaten us as we were on the ropes, Northampton collapsed in their own backyard (and we've been dining out on that one game all season to harp back to) and said they'd put it right the next week and bullied us off the park and we couldn't create or finish anything, hung on for most of the game, O's aren't the team they were, but still beat us there in the league when we just couldn't find a way through, couldn't shake them at home either, ending in a draw, in Europe we did well against them. Castres at home couldn't create anything and won a penalty shootout, away we managed to claw our way through...The only top class team we've played all season, Toulon, completely showed us up as a no trick poney.

I still think we may win the league, we better give we've now clawed first spot, but by God we've played awful all season and fair enough we've dragged games into messy, scrappy shoot outs all through the season and come out on top more often than not, but we've majorly rode our luck at times and all it takes is the odd sucker punch (Edinburgh today got a big break near the end, we couldn't put a team that bad away), or see final minute try in Aviva against Northampton that denied us a home quarter...

It's all well and good winning, but your luck runs out and with the squad we have, we should be looking to outplay teams, not just bash it up and cling on and live off mistakes and try not to make any...

Very, very disappointed again, more confusing as we won again, but it's just car crash rugby...
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

My goodness but that was awful. Really awful.

Our backplay was as poor as it has been all season but today the forwards contributed with a pretty inept performance also.

Dave Kearney was my man of the match, his spin and step which set the first try in motion was the best piece of attacking play we did.

Thankfully I forgot to DVR that or I would be tempted to watch it now. It was hard enough first time.
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Has anyone watched MOC's post match interview that was uploaded onto YouTube a few mins ago. 2mins long and as far as I could tell he seemed very blasé about tonight's dreadful performance. He doesn't come across as a man who is being criticised for his style of play or his handling of the Madigan/Gopperth situation (on here at least)
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

What a shocking performance but entirely predictable with the woefully pedestrian Gopperth at outhalf. He is completely out of his depth.

And that plonker O'Connor continues his blackguarding of Madigan.