Strauss
Bent
Furlong
Denton
Ryan
Boss
Gopperth
Fanning/Hudson

Win is the minimum requirement here. Back on the horse for Ireland subs and bench challengers.

Glasgow blew a 17 10 lead away to the Dragons yesterday to lose 24 23.

Hopefully that demoralises them rather than galvanizes them. Scotland went the other way. Snatched a 1 point win in Italy. Few returning subs from that game to Glasgow.

Worries are our porous midfield and lack of cutting edge in the backs. Pack looks well able. Will Jennings come back ahead of Ryan or visa versa?
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Glasgow

Post by Danthefan »

Don't think Cullen should be playing (though he will I'd imagine). He's been really poor this season. Would much prefer one of the younger players in there.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I am sorry to say it but I really wish we had someone else to put into the midfield.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

the spoofer wrote:I am sorry to say it but I really wish we had someone else to put into the midfield.
We do, Luke.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Moore
4. McCarthy
5. Denton
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Madigan
11. Fitzgerald
12. Reid
13. Macken
14. McFadden
15. Kirchner
16. Strauss
17. JOC
18. Bent
19. Marshall
20. Jennings
21. Boss
22. Gopperth
23. O'Shea
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

This is the first of 3 home games in a row that if we will all three will surely put us definitely into the play offs.This will also do a lot of damage to Glasgow if we beat them.So very important to get a positive result this Saturday
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

goreyguy wrote:1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Moore
4. McCarthy
5. Denton
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Madigan
11. Fitzgerald
12. Reid
13. Macken
14. McFadden
15. Kirchner
16. Strauss
17. JOC
18. Bent
19. Marshall
20. Jennings
21. Boss
22. Gopperth
23. O'Shea
I'd be tempted to drop Ryan, move jordi to 7 and play the barbarian @ 8
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Peg Leg wrote:
2. Cronin
3. Moore
4. McCarthy
5. Denton
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Madigan
11. Fitzgerald
12. Reid
13. Macken
14. McFadden
15. Kirchner
16. Strauss
17. JOC
18. Bent
19. Marshall
20. Jennings
21. Boss
22. Gopperth
23. O'Shea
I'd be tempted to drop Ryan, move jordi to 7 and play the barbarian @ 8[/quote

Ryan wasn't that bad last weekend. Wouldn't mind that lineup though.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

goreyguy wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
2. Cronin
3. Moore
4. McCarthy
5. Denton
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Murphy
9. Reddan
10. Madigan
11. Fitzgerald
12. Reid
13. Macken
14. McFadden
15. Kirchner
16. Strauss
17. JOC
18. Bent
19. Marshall
20. Jennings
21. Boss
22. Gopperth
23. O'Shea
I'd be tempted to drop Ryan, move jordi to 7 and play the barbarian @ 8[/quote

Ryan wasn't that bad last weekend. Wouldn't mind that lineup though.
I don't think he was that bad either, but he's just not getting into games the way we've seen that he can. He's always struck me as a player with outrageous athletic ability and smarts, but he seems happy to just keep pace with whats in front of him this weather.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

great team we can still put out

Reid/Macken still gives me the heeby jeebies though
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

I think Dom Ryan should start. What Dippy needs is a run of games to get him up to his proper speed. He's got nothing but stop-start a few minutes pitch time here or there.Even in the last two weeks he has shown signs of coming back to form. Before all of his injuries in the last two seasons he looked ready to overtake Jennings & he can get back to that with game time.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

rdsblue wrote:I think Dom Ryan should start. What Dippy needs is a run of games to get him up to his proper speed. He's got nothing but stop-start a few minutes pitch time here or there.Even in the last two weeks he has shown signs of coming back to form. Before all of his injuries in the last two seasons he looked ready to overtake Jennings & he can get back to that with game time.
Ryan has been better than Jennings in recent months. He was solid in the last game, could he have played better, sure.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

IMO, the 2nd row suggested are too similar and do not present a realistic mid-line jumping option. Subject to nose injury, I would like to see Locky or Ben Marshall selected with Mike McC with Rhys, Dom and Jordi or Conan in back-row. Would also like to see whether Jimmy G at 10 and Mads at 12 could provide a mid-field option right from the start. Believe that they could also play a 5/8ths format of alternating first receiver to great effect.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

goreyguy wrote:
rdsblue wrote:I think Dom Ryan should start. What Dippy needs is a run of games to get him up to his proper speed. He's got nothing but stop-start a few minutes pitch time here or there.Even in the last two weeks he has shown signs of coming back to form. Before all of his injuries in the last two seasons he looked ready to overtake Jennings & he can get back to that with game time.
Ryan has been better than Jennings in recent months. He was solid in the last game, could he have played better, sure.
The is no substitute to playing the game for getting you up to speed. After his injury history it is also going to take time for the psychological blocks to be cleared. No matter how much you believe you are fit it takes a while for you to really trust in it.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ruckedtobits wrote:IMO, the 2nd row suggested are too similar and do not present a realistic mid-line jumping option. Subject to nose injury, I would like to see Locky or Ben Marshall selected with Mike McC with Rhys, Dom and Jordi or Conan in back-row. Would also like to see whether Jimmy G at 10 and Mads at 12 could provide a mid-field option right from the start. Believe that they could also play a 5/8ths format of alternating first receiver to great effect.
know what you mean but then problem is a very short second row and theyll probably have Johnny Gray
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The Reid-Macken partnership is defensively disastrous. Macken's decision-making is poor and he regularly makes the 'wrong reads' defensively, leaving lots of space to exploit. Reid just doesn't tackle and is prone to mad errors. As an ex-10 he can kick well and he has pace/a spark in attack, but he needs to improve defensively. Macken is also extremely quick for a big guy, but he seems a bit all over the place on the pitch at times. You're right to have the heeby-jeebies about them. Cardiff looked dangerous running at them even with the most laborious, slow ball the other night.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Is kick-off for this one really at 20.30? Apart from games in France that's the latest kick-off time I can recall.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

nc6000 wrote:Is kick-off for this one really at 20.30? Apart from games in France that's the latest kick-off time I can recall.
Yip. In fairness Munster have had a few of these crazy KOs times in the last few seasons, but this is the latest we've been for a home game.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

neiliog93 wrote:The Reid-Macken partnership is defensively disastrous. Macken's decision-making is poor and he regularly makes the 'wrong reads' defensively, leaving lots of space to exploit. Reid just doesn't tackle and is prone to mad errors. As an ex-10 he can kick well and he has pace/a spark in attack, but he needs to improve defensively. Macken is also extremely quick for a big guy, but he seems a bit all over the place on the pitch at times. You're right to have the heeby-jeebies about them. Cardiff looked dangerous running at them even with the most laborious, slow ball the other night.
Reid I am not sure about at all but there is plenty of potential in Macken. Together they are not good but Maken has had good performances with more experienced partners. It would help to have Goodman around at the moment. I think Macken could come good but it will take time and he needs to learn from an experienced head.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

This kick off time was clearly designed for those of us with tickets to both Dublin Cork and Leinster Glasgow.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!