Jonny Wikinsons Toulon Away

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Jonny Wikinsons Toulon Away

Post by artaneboy »

bluemagic wrote:Is there any chance of Seanie being fit does anyone know? it would be absolutely massive to him for it
Thinking the same myself! He could be close enough to being back- if the rehab is on course. After Healy and Stauss's miraclulous early returns, I'm unreasonably expectant- rather than hopeful.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Toulon will probably add Carter and McCaw to their squad.
Wonder if we could pull another stroke like Brad
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Majority of their side sees no 6N action so avoiding injury is going to be absolutely crucial if we're to have a shot.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

True but will will be Schmidtified
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Degz wrote:Majority of their side sees no 6N action so avoiding injury is going to be absolutely crucial if we're to have a shot.
True, always an element of this with Irish sides but even more so with this fixture. Hopefully the lads will have been energised by their time with Joe.

Just to compare the teams at full strength, what would a composite Leinster-Toulon team look like? I mean purely on a individual basis, obviously Leinster function better as a team.

1.Healy
2.Cronin
3.Hayman
4.Botha
5.Williams
6.Fernandez-Lobbe
7.SOB (obviously he probably won't be fit)
8.Heaslip

9.Reddan
10.WIlkinson
11.Mitchell
12.Giteau (sorry D'Arce)
13.BOD
14.Habana
15.RK

8 Toulon, 7 Leinster in starting line-up

16.Strauss
17.Sheridan
18.Castro
19.Suta
20.Armitage/Roussouw/J.Smith
21.Tillous-Borde
22.Madigan
23.Fitzgerald/Wulf

Unsurprisingly given their depth they dominate the bench, 4/5 v 3/4. I imagine my selection of more Toulon players will provoke plenty of disagreement!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Blue not red blood wrote:Toulon will probably add Carter and McCaw to their squad.
Wonder if we could pull another stroke like Brad

You are lucky: they can ´t add Alain Rolland against Irish Squads.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
tekilapaf

Post by tekilapaf »

Hello Leinster fans.

First message here from a "jaunards" fan.

Just to say you c'mon!

Many Clermont Fans thank you so much for last year tee shirt.

Therefore, we'd like to try to send you the same one reversed this year!

Really hope both of our teams succed in goig up through the final, and then mette once again!

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

1. Andrew Sheridan
2. Burden
3. Carl Heyman
4. Ali Williams
5. Bakkies Botha
6. Fernandez lobbe
7. John Smith
8. Van Niekerk

9. Classans
10. Wilkinson
11. Habana
12. Giteau
13. Beaustardu
14. Drew Mitchell
15. Delon Armitage

16. Bruno 17. Castrogiovani 18. Chilachava 19. Danie Roussow 20. Steffon Armitage 21. Tillis-Borde 22. Max Mermoze 23. Palisson

Holy sh*tballs....

We'll need to come out of the 6 nations in great shape and be virtually injury free to have a chance... Might even have to pray Seanie is fit to give us a chance too...

Massive incentive to win though, a home semi, and all though star studded, Toulon are not as formidable at home as Clermont, so although it's not far off it, not the worst possible draw.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

Big challenge but it's time some team showed Toulon that rugby isn't all about massive players crashing into contact, earning the pens and 'Monsieur Jonny' kicking the pens. If we can turn Toulon over at home/Nice we will do rugby a massive favour by proving that success is not just about depth of owners pockets. The soul of rugby hanging on this match. Lets go and and do it. I for one am glad of the opportunity. Bring it on! 8)
Vangarde

Post by Vangarde »

Hi Leinsterfans!

Another ASM fan wishing you the best for the rest of your HCup.

And do us a favor, please, kick these annoying Toulonnais at home, and let's meet to the final (even if it will complicated)! Would be simply great to meet you at Cardiff!

Last year, Toulon's president M. Boudjellal said he would have prefered to meet you, show him that he was lucky to avoid you!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Le Duvet wrote:Big challenge but it's time some team showed Toulon that rugby isn't all about massive players crashing into contact, earning the pens and 'Monsieur Jonny' kicking the pens. If we can turn Toulon over at home/Nice we will do rugby a massive favour by proving that success is not just about depth of owners pockets. The soul of rugby hanging on this match. Lets go and and do it. I for one am glad of the opportunity. Bring it on! 8)
My biggest concern is that if we turn Toulon over at home, it'll be like cataloging our players for their president!

"Ah oui, monsieurs Healy, Strauss, McGrath, Moore, Murphy, Madigan, Kearney et Fitzgerald .... vous aimez beaucoup d'argent? Venir dans mon bureau sil vous plaite."
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

tekilapaf wrote:Hello Leinster fans.

First message here from a "jaunards" fan.

Just to say you c'mon!

Many Clermont Fans thank you so much for last year tee shirt.

Therefore, we'd like to try to send you the same one reversed this year!

Really hope both of our teams succed in goig up through the final, and then mette once again!

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Thanks for the kind wishes. Hopefully we can play well enough to cause Toulon some problems. Games in France are always difficult though, so I'm sure you can forgive me for hoping you wouldn't score your 4 tries :)
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

[Jackass] wrote:
Le Duvet wrote:
"Ah oui, monsieurs Healy, Strauss, McGrath, Moore, Murphy, Madigan, Kearney et Fitzgerald .... vous aimez beaucoup d'argent? Venir dans mon bureau sil vous plaite."

They first Will have to buy a French/Toulonnais/English wordbook

Here is a Free sample:

Pilou Pilou: National Anthem
Pipasse (syn. Voleur, nul, ´culé): referee
Avignon: North pole
Clermontois: loser (universal term)

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

VGE wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:
Le Duvet wrote:

The first thing they Will have to buy is a French/Toulonnais/English wordbook

Here is a Free sample:

Pilou Pilou: National Anthem
Pipasse (syn. Voleur, nul, ´culé): referee
Avignon: North pole
Clermontois: loser (universal term)

Au revoir.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Surely Wilkinson must be due an injury at this point! Without him, I'd be pretty confident facing Toulon. Neither Giteau nor Michalak can control a game from 10 properly and both are prone to the odd spectacular error.

If they have a full squad to pick from, we're going to need the performance of a lifetime to knick the win.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Fully believe we'll go down there and beat them. Never been impressed by Toulon, overpaid bosh merchants. If MOC can get our backs playing cohesively and we bring the Northampton away form we'll take'em.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 20 March 2014. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.

Any areas people reckon we could do with strengthening ahead of the play offs? It makes commercial sense to invest a few quid to improve are chances of winning the cup.

Our dept at center is a bit week, may be Conrad smith, Nonu or Sonny Bill?

3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.

How exactly does this rule work, Toulon had 2 Aussies, 3 NZ and 4 SA player this weekend
I know the SA lads are covered by the Kolpak agreement, do the others track down long lost grannies to get European passports?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Somehow, and maybe its just me, but somehow I get the hint that maybe there might be very little love lost perhaps between ASM and RCT :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

R-Dog wrote: 3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.

How exactly does this rule work, Toulon had 2 Aussies, 3 NZ and 4 SA player this weekend
I know the SA lads are covered by the Kolpak agreement, do the others track down long lost grannies to get European passports?
Giteau is certainly of French heritage so he could well have a French passport.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Vamos los azules wrote:
R-Dog wrote: 3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.

Giteau is certainly of French heritage so he could well have a French passport.
Players could have passports based on heritage as you say, or could have EU Resident status after being here so long, or could be of Samoan or Tongan heritage (and accompanying passport) and therefore covered by the Kolpak case
I have Bumbleflex