Jamie Please don't go! (Down to New Orleans)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Jamie Please don't go! (Down to New Orleans)

Post by johng »

Or old Toulon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOwNItKOyo

Heartily sick of people saying sh1t like "Well now that Seanie is staying, Heaslip can go" AND NOT JUST MUNSTER FANS!!!

SOB staying is better than both of them going. But Jamie Heaslip is arguably the best 8 in the Northern hemisphere.

Faletau has a bit to go yet. Hairy Donkey and Parrisse have their charms . But for me Picamoles is the only one that comes close.

He takes massive punishment and comes back without a whimper. ALWAYS plays for the team. At the cost of people saying how he has "not been in good form since 2009" and associated scutter.

When he has just changed his game (mainly to accommodate SOB's massive talents) Any time he reverts to his "balls out carrying game" people say "he only plays hard when there is a lions tour coming up or when he needs a new contract"

Sean O'Brien cited Leinster fans as instrumental in his decision to stay here. I hope Jamie doesn't read all the muppets who comment on the papers websites. Even some of the Rugby media "Who should know better" are at it.

If he goes. He owes us nothing and I wish him well. However will I be gutted? Fock yeah!!!

C'Maaan Jamie. Make a happy man very old even happier
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Jamie Please don't go! (Down to New Orleans)

Post by artaneboy »

johng wrote:Or old Toulon....

Heartily sick of people saying sh1t like "Well now that Seanie is staying, Heaslip can go" AND NOT JUST MUNSTER FANS!!!

SOB staying is better than both of them going. But Jamie Heaslip is arguably the best 8 in the Northern hemisphere.

Faletau has a bit to go yet. Hairy Donkey and Parrisse have their charms . But for me Picamoles is the only one that comes close.

He takes massive punishment and comes back without a whimper. ALWAYS plays for the team. At the cost of people saying how he has "not been in good form since 2009" and associated scutter.

When he has just changed his game (mainly to accommodate SOB's massive talents) Any time he reverts to his "balls out carrying game" people say "he only plays hard when there is a lions tour coming up or when he needs a new contract"

Sean O'Brien cited Leinster fans as instrumental in his decision to stay here. I hope Jamie doesn't read all the muppets who comment on the papers websites. Even some of the Rugby media "Who should know better" are at it.

If he goes. He owes us nothing and I wish him well. However will I be gutted? Fock yeah!!!

You've said it all there. Jamie is a great, GREAT player. We really do not appreciate him. Some of the inverse snobbery that goes around Jamie the 'flakey cosomopolitan'- on one side (anti) and Seanie the 'honest horny-handed son of the soil- on the other (pro) is sickening. Both are great and both are a big part of the reason that we have been the best team in Europe- possibly the world over the last half-decade.

Please stay; finish your career with us! You know you want to- and while we cannot offer you the riches of France- we can make up for it in glory. And glory gained with friends!
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Absobleedinloutely echo the lads above. 1st name on the teamsheet .
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:Absobleedinloutely echo the lads above. 1st name on the teamsheet .
The team sheet template already has Jamie's name assigned.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Last edited by Icarus on January 17th, 2014, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Stay Jamie, stay.

With Drico and Leo going we need your leadership.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

.......I'll leave now!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I'd possibly be very much in the minority by saying my preference was to hang onto Heaslip ahead of SOB if I had to choose one.

O'Brien has more of an impact but it's not much good to us if he's only doing if 5 - 10 times a season compared to Heaslip's 20. We should be under no illusion that the medical teams get these guys ready for international rugby, not provincial rugby. Guys like POC, BOD, Ferris and SOB play a vastly higher percentage of games for Ireland than their provinces. Heaslip is a freak who can do both.

SOB is world class but with multiple injuries and surgeries in recent times, his body is going through the mill. I don't see his appearance record being significantly better than it has been in the last two years. The guy plays the game with incredible physicality which puts a massive strain on his body whether he's in Ireland, France or elsewhere.

Heaslip's fitness and durability is nothing short of incredible. In 8.5 years he has played over 250 games (175 Leinster, 60 Ireland, approx 15 Lions/Ireland A) which is freakish. He's averaging just under 30 games a season. He has been, without doubt for me, the single most important Leinster player of the last decade.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

OK. If we are going there

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Early Faithless. Quite good!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Said it on the other thread and I stick by it. Heaslip is more important to Leinster than sob.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

AdamK wrote:Said it on the other thread and I stick by it. Heaslip is more important to Leinster than sob.
And probably a better return on investment, if we want to look at the cold hard cash!

John Cahill wins the video award with that gem, BTW.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

johng wrote:Or old Toulon....

Well said John...it amazes me how normally reasoned posters on here get all bent outta shape about Heaslip.....his consistency has been nothing short of phenomenal since breaking through a decade ago.
Last edited by nelly the elephant on January 16th, 2014, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Well said John...it amazes me how normally reasoned posters on here get all bent outta shape about Heaslip.....his consistence has been nothing short of phenomenal since breaking through a decade ago.
2nd only to how consistently they've been bent out of shape about him.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Credit to a great selection by Dave too.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Jamie never gives anything less than 100% for Leinster - a legend and is as John said arguably the best 8 in the Northern Hemisphere. You can see why ANY team would want him, and why Toulon or Montpellier would most certainly be after him.

Having secured Seanies signature, to loose Jamie would still be utterly devastating.

Jamie, Stay..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ev4H57si2E
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'm another that said he was more vital to Leinster. Don't want either to go.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Chapeau
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Last edited by Morf on January 17th, 2014, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.