Re: Leinster v Ospreys 17/1/14

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah that's great that someone is sick! :lol:

Classy
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

paddyor wrote:Great to see Strauss back. I think it might be that we never got that other hooker that his rehab was shortened. Doubt they'd have rushed him back otherwise.
In hindsight I think that Leinster knew he might return during the pool. They brought in Tracey as fourth/third choice and deregistered Shakira as an insurance policy against Cronin or Dundon being also injured.
Hore would have been an expensive stopgap that in hindsight would not be needed.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

[Jackass] wrote:
Blue not red blood wrote:Poite ill???
Could this day get any better :happy clapper:
bahaha, post of the day. Well played sir. :green clap:
Can you imagine if someone made a similar comment when Strauss fell ill.

Hang your heads sirs
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Avenger wrote:Thats a strong bench.
I like to see a bench where there is impact all everyone on it could arguably be starting.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

All Blacks nil wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:

Hang your heads sirs
Some people know the difference between serious heart defects and man-flu.

Didn't call it classy btw.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

All Blacks nil wrote:
OTT wrote:
QBer wrote:15. Rob Kearney; 14. Dave Kearney, 13. Brian O'Driscoll, 12. Gordon D'Arcy, 11. Luke Fitzgerald; 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Eoin Reddan; 1. Cian Healy, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Martin Moore, 4. Devin Toner, 5. Mike McCarthy, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Shane Jennings, 8. Jamie Heaslip (c)
16. Richardt Strauss, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Mike Ross, 19. Leo Cullen, 20. Jordi Murphy, 21. Isaac Boss, 22. Ian Madigan, 23. Zane Kirchner

STRAUSS?? :D
JOE KNOWS
You may live to regret that post.
However you've backed a good un'

Alternatively tell us something we don't know.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

All Blacks nil wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:

Hang your heads sirs
Feck off. This is an internet message board. Are we not allowed a little humour? No one has wished aids or anything on Poite. He is ill. He will probably be fit to ref the following week. Strauss didn't fall ill. He was diagnosed with something he has had all his life, a hole in the heart. Of itself possibly not life threatening but untreated was potentially very dangerous for a professional sportsman and if surgery was not successful was potentially rugby career threatening. Nothing like comparable.
Four Stars
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Going to be watching from the comfort of a seat in the Goat with a nice cold beer and a few friends. After seeing that team and hearing about SOB and Strauss I am expecting Heaslip to stay, a bonus point win and others to slip up so we get a home draw.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

TerenureJim wrote:JB gotta say yep it's a massive pack and Ryan Jones I'm sure has stuff to prove to Gatland to get onto that Wales side you guys are really going to put it up to us and a lot could depend on the ref and conditions as well.

That being said it was a similar pack last week I think and I can't figure out what happened to ye in the tight against the Saints as they seemed to get great traction off scrums etc. was it a ref thing i.e. letting Saints away with some less than legal moves or were Hibbard and Co. just off the boil. Actually I think Hibbard has been poor enough this seson since the Lions, has he checked out early with his new deal done or am I totally off the mark re his performances?

Jarvis got pushed around like a shopping cart last week, our scrum went better when Adam came on but we have been weak in that area all season. The new laws don't seem to suit us.

Hibbard started the season in great form and was v good during the AI series, however he has been carrying a cracked bone in his hand and a trapped nerve in his back.

The guy has been immense over the last 18 months but his body is really starting to show some wear and tear. I don't see him lasting out his 3 years at Gloucester .

I hope I'm wrong he has been a brilliant servant for the Ospreys but I fear he alongside Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins are all on the downward slope.

I'm not sure any let alone of them will last till the 2015 world cup.

Looking at the your squad, you have an all international front row to come off the bench , not to mention the size and power of Cullen and the legs of young Murphy.

Throw into the mix 2 game breakers in Madigan and Kirchner and the last 20 minutes could be a nightmare for us, still could be worse SOB could be playing!

ps glad to see your man Strauss is back fit, I'm not a Leinster man but I think every one in rugby wishes him well on his come back
Last edited by JB1973 on January 16th, 2014, 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Jaysis, when did everyone on here get so precious?

Unclench, lads.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Lar wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:

Hang your heads sirs
Feck off. This is an internet message board. Are we not allowed a little humour? No one has wished aids or anything on Poite. He is ill. He will probably be fit to ref the following week. Strauss didn't fall ill. He was diagnosed with something he has had all his life, a hole in the heart. Of itself possibly not life threatening but untreated was potentially very dangerous for a professional sportsman and if surgery was not successful was potentially rugby career threatening. Nothing like comparable.

Took a bit longer than expected but landed all the same

Great to see Strauss restored to full health. Great news for his family' and friends and........
Great for Leinster (grrrr) and Irish rugby. Second time I've said that today.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Do you actually know what his replacement is like (or does anyone else?).
Come Friday night you might actually be regretting his absence.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Exley
Bookworm

Post by Exley »

Fishing for replies on an internet forum... I think that is the definition of the lowest you can go. On the plus side, the only was is up, you inbred turnip muncher :wink:

Back in the land of the living, I am really looking forward to tomorrow after all of today's great news. Happy with the team, though I probably would have given Zane a start over DK.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hopefully we won't need their help or even come close to it but Castres actually named a pretty strong team for the Saints match

I thought they'd just send their under-20s

Castres: 15 Brice Dulin, 14 Marcel Garvey, 13 Romain Cabannes (c), 12 Remi Lamerat, 11 Remi Grosso, 10 Daniel Kirkpatrick, 9 Julien Tomas, 8 Piula Faasalele, 7 Jannie Bornman, 6 Mathieu Babillot, 5 Richie Gray, 4 Christophe Samson, 3 Anton Peikrishvili, 2 Marc-Antoine Rallier, 1 Yannick Forestier.
Replacements: 16 Saimone Taumoepeau, 17 Antonie Claassen, 18 Mihaita Lazar, 19 Benjamin Desroche, 20 Yannick Caballero, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Paul Bonnefond, 23 Pierre-Gilles Lakafia.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Vamos los azules wrote:Do you actually know what his replacement is like (or does anyone else?).
I know nothing of him, but you got me to google him. I now know he is probably a referee that you should not try and outsmart http://labtau.univ-lyon1.fr/index.php/people/71

Then found one about his rugby career - Seems to have some experience so hopefully will be ok
Matches refereed at the pro level (central or key) at the end of the 2012-2013 season
- 1st Division (TOP 16 TOP 14 TOP 14 Orange): 49
- PRO D2: 50

Matches refereed in the European Cup (central key) at the end of the 2012-2013 season
- HCup: 9
- European Challenge 3
http://www.lnr.fr/cyril-lafon,arbitre-rugby-1746.html
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

May I apologise to those of you who took offence at my comment on Monsieur Poite.
I wish him a speedy recovery and trust he will return an even better referee than he is now. for he is the greatest referee we have ever seen.

May I also apologise to Thierry Henry for the abuse we gave him after he mistakenly handled the ball that night in Paris.

We would also like to apologise to the French nation for the unfounded rumours that they blew up the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand.

Finally sorry for laughing at President Hollande at his difficult domestic situation.

And sorry for using a french chant at our games.

Au Revoir
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Degz wrote:Strong Ospreys pack.

Tyler Ardron. Great name.
The first rule of Tyler Ardron is you don't talk about Tyler Ardron.
The second rule of Tyler Ardron is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT TYLER ARDRON!!
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Blue not red blood wrote:May I apologise to those of you who took offence at my comment on Monsieur Poite.
I wish him a speedy recovery and trust he will return an even better referee than he is now. for he is the greatest referee we have ever seen.

May I also apologise to Thierry Henry for the abuse we gave him after he mistakenly handled the ball that night in Paris.

We would also like to apologise to the French nation for the unfounded rumours that they blew up the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand.

Finally sorry for laughing at President Hollande at his difficult domestic situation.

And sorry for using a french chant at our games.

Au Revoir

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

If boudjelall filed for bankruptcy
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson