Knowledgeable

Re: Castres v Leinster

Post by Icarus »

And where?
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Nothing much to be offended by - Munster were still the better 'fighting spirit team' but he predicted we would win at the death.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/t ... 06567.html

Great win today from Leinster, Roll on next week!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Mike McCarthy had his best game in a Leinster jersey, he really was outstanding. Reddan was brilliant too. Gopperth's try on HT was a thing of beauty given the circumstances in which it was scored while the drop goal was a peach. Some seriously dodgy defending in the first half and a lot of work to be done on restarts.

Nigel gave us a few decisions today although their 9 should've got yellow
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

reddan are best attacker according to the stats and also made the diference at the 50-60 minute mark where we turned the game around. And Kearney with a drop goal in France...
http://www.ercrugby.com/matchcentre/mat ... xid=190359
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Laighindown
Bookworm

Post by Laighindown »

Terrific performance to come from 14 down to win that. Those lads have serious balls.

Redser my man of the match, some of his diving into rucks and passing in the same movement and obviously his sniping was incredible.

Healy is a man mountain, and if SOB leaves, this man is the beating heart of our team. We are lucky to have the two of them, our long term health depends on keeping them both. Although Heaslip was immense today.

Gopperth was excellent, and I couldn't have seen Madigan deliver that performance from the back foot. He was very good when he came on at 12 though, strong role in the third try.

Next week will be nail biting stuff. Castres will send a scratch team with a 5 day turn around and nothing to play for - Saints will pick up bonus. That means we have to get a minimum of a bonus point. We should, but it is Ospreys.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Was Gopperth really all that good? Obviously the tries and his kicking aren't to be sniffed at but thought his defence was all over the shop and the main reason we conceded so much ground. Those were very important moments though and he did brilliantly to win the turnover for Murphy's try but overall I thought it was a very mixed bag to say the least. That's not said with any pro Madigan agenda btw, just don't think he's as solid as other people do.
Laighindown
Bookworm

Post by Laighindown »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Was Gopperth really all that good? Obviously the tries and his kicking aren't to be sniffed at but thought his defence was all over the shop and the main reason we conceded so much ground. Those were very important moments though and he did brilliantly to win the turnover for Murphy's try but overall I thought it was a very mixed bag to say the least. That's not said with any pro Madigan agenda btw, just don't think he's as solid as other people do.
He line kicked very well, kicked well from hand when we needed to - and this off the back foot. Distributed nicely, brought our backs into the game at the right time.

Tackled well for the most part, but I take your point. Could have supported Reddan's breaks a bit better, but backrow could have as well.

I didn't say he was out of this world, I just said I thought that Madigan is some way off producing that kind of form this season.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Well done Leinster! Hard worked win. I have 2 questions, Is BOD the best 13 in Leinster at the moment? If not, why is he a playing in such an important match?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rookie wrote:Well done Leinster! Hard worked win. I have 2 questions, Is BOD the best 13 in Leinster at the moment? If not, why is he a playing in such an important match?
Because the deal for Keith Earls fell through unfortunately.
Laighindown
Bookworm

Post by Laighindown »

rookie wrote:Well done Leinster! Hard worked win. I have 2 questions, Is BOD the best 13 in Leinster at the moment? If not, why is he a playing in such an important match?
Answer is yes. He was epic at the breakdown. We're not using him to carry as much as we used to, but I think he has a lot in him this season. One last peak. He will improve with every game.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Jesus!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rookie wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Jesus!
Wouldn't go that far, maybe JJ is though.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Laighindown wrote:
Answer is yes. He was epic at the breakdown. We're not using him to carry as much as we used to, but I think he has a lot in him this season. One last peak. He will improve with every game.
You'd swear the way some people are talking on forums, they are counting down the days till he retires. Some people almost want him to play badly.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

[/quote]

Wouldn't go that far, maybe JJ is though.[/quote]

Yah!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The difference Jenno made was huge. Castres were driving through in the tackle, making yards every time before he came on and tackled the ankles off them.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Peg Leg wrote:The difference Jenno made was huge. Castres were driving through in the tackle, making yards every time before he came on and tackled the ankles off them.
Jennings has really excellent tackling technique when he's on form.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Keith wrote:
Laighindown wrote:
You'd swear the way some people are talking on forums, they are counting down the days till he retires. Some people almost want him to play badly.
Who the hell want's to see him playing badly? He is one of the greatest players ever to watch!
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Amazed that people are raving about Reddan's performance to such a degree. Thought he was excellent in the last 15-20 before he went off but he was poor in the first half. On several occasions, he left the ball at Heaslip's feet when the scrum was rapidly retreating, which resulted in either a penalty or a turnover on the deck. He was also pretty ponderous in a few rucks while Diarra was wreaking havoc and there were a couple of loose enough box kicks. The fact that he turned it around is the mark of a quality player but I wouldn't be getting carried away about his overall contribution.

Kearney's drop goal was the best I've ever seen without a doubt. Pushing 50 metres on the angle with a bouncing ball and a swirling wind. Unbelievable skill.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

tackle-bag wrote:Amazed that people are raving about Reddan's performance to such a degree. Thought he was excellent in the last 15-20 before he went off but he was poor in the first half. On several occasions, he left the ball at Heaslip's feet when the scrum was rapidly retreating, which resulted in either a penalty or a turnover on the deck. He was also pretty ponderous in a few rucks while Diarra was wreaking havoc and there were a couple of loose enough box kicks. The fact that he turned it around is the mark of a quality player but I wouldn't be getting carried away about his overall contribution.

Kearney's drop goal was the best I've ever seen without a doubt. Pushing 50 metres on the angle with a bouncing ball and a swirling wind. Unbelievable skill.
Thought that was down to us not protecting the rucks as much as anything else. Castres got away with murder too.