I have a friend in the ERC who................

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

I have a friend in the ERC who................

Post by footrush »

If you have a friend who knows someone, who has early access to the dates and times for the away game in Castres, can you please be kind enough to share the info here(after you have booked your return flights to Castres for 15 cents of course). I promise I won't tell anyone :wink: . Posting the fact that you have been privy to such info after it has gone on general release is just gloating so for once please share it with the regulars on this site if you can ?.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Re: I have a friend in the ERC who................

Post by nc6000 »

I've taken a punt and booked to fly into Carcassonne on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon. If the game is scheduled for Friday night or anytime on Saturday I'm OK, it's only a problem if we end up playing on the Sunday.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

nc6000 wrote:I've taken a punt and booked to fly into Carcassonne on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon. If the game is scheduled for Friday night or anytime on Saturday I'm OK, it's only a problem if we end up playing on the Sunday.
Don't want to have to take friday off if possible, think the last time I was there for our game in 2008 it was a friday beautiful market freezing cold night.
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

footrush wrote:
nc6000 wrote:I've taken a punt and booked to fly into Carcassonne on the Friday and back on Sunday afternoon. If the game is scheduled for Friday night or anytime on Saturday I'm OK, it's only a problem if we end up playing on the Sunday.
Don't want to have to take friday off if possible, think the last time I was there for our game in 2008 it was a friday beautiful market freezing cold night.
The best airport for getting to Castres is Carcassonne and Ryanair only fly between Dublin and Carcassonne on Fridays and Sundays.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

nc6000 wrote:
footrush wrote:
The best airport for getting to Castres is Carcassonne and Ryanair only fly between Dublin and Carcassonne on Fridays and Sundays.
Yep nice town to worth a visit if you have time.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I was tempted alright but will wait until the fixture is announced. Booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday, but Sunday would be really awkward...
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:
I was tempted alright but will wait until the fixture is announced. Booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday, but Sunday would be really awkward...
Exactly so if anyone gets a heads up it would be great to find out as soon as possible.
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

You know it's going to be Sunday lads. It just is.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Donny B. wrote:
I have this fear it will be Sunday as the French seem to love Sunday games - so we've booked Stansted to Carcassonne out Fri back Wed - dont really want to use holiday up so early, but, as the flights were 59 euro total return for 2 of us, what the heck. I'm sure we could arrange local coaches if this will be the route of choice, as Castres will be challenging by Public Transport from Carcassonne Airport.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

nobody knows until until after round 4, when sky and other related parties decide which will have best tv audience/ crowds etc. Leinsters Inside Circle will know from monday

Worst case scenario is that french love their 8pm sunday kickoffs, so it depends whether sky think our game is more important than canal+ or whoever looks after the french media

Gloucester v Munster could be seen as the 6pm saturday game by sky. Toulouse v Saracens is also on the same wekend.
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

johng wrote:You know it's going to be Sunday lads. It just is.
:shock: Hopefully not. Best case is a Friday evening kick-off like in 2008 with Toulouse v Saracens on the Saturday.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

mtleinster wrote:nobody knows until until after round 4, when sky and other related parties decide which will have best tv audience/ crowds etc. Leinsters Inside Circle will know from monday

Worst case scenario is that french love their 8pm sunday kickoffs, so it depends whether sky think our game is more important than canal+ or whoever looks after the french media

Gloucester v Munster could be seen as the 6pm saturday game by sky. Toulouse v Saracens is also on the same wekend.
It always seems that someone who has access to the "inside circle" posts to say they were told before the official announcement and were thus able to get flights for next to nothing, its interesting that they always announce this after the offical release, all I'm asking is that just for once they tip us off.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Tory graph are giving this game as friday at 8, anyone any idea how reliable this is ?, (don't blame me if this is wrong) : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tures.html
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

footrush wrote:Tory graph are giving this game as friday at 8, anyone any idea how reliable this is ?, (don't blame me if this is wrong) : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tures.html
Wow. I hope it's true. Would mean Friday in Castres Saturday in Toulouse to watch them beat nasty Sarries and home Sunday.

While it does seem very specific, I can't trust it enough to gamble 150 euro on flights :?

EDIT: One thing that would make me question that is according to that, Toulouse Sarries and Quins Clermont are on at the same time. Surely the TV companies in both England and France would prefer to keep these games to different times?
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

footrush wrote:Tory graph are giving this game as friday at 8, anyone any idea how reliable this is ?, (don't blame me if this is wrong) : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... tures.html
It shows Ulster as playing at home on a Sunday lunchtime so in terms of reliability I would think that would be enough to question it. I don't think they do that.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Vamos los azules wrote:
It shows Ulster as playing at home on a Sunday lunchtime so in terms of reliability I would think that would be enough to question it. I don't think they do that.
Yep can't make a friday game this time so I'm going to choose to ignore it.
Flying wedge
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Vamos los azules wrote:
Yeah just spotted that as well.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Changing flights with Ryanair is not actually that bad. It's a flat €40 and any difference there might be in the fares.

You could book the Friday flight from Dublin to Carcassonne anyway and also go for the Sunday return flight or if the game isn't on the Friday or Saturday then come back via Brussels on the Monday evening.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Just looking at the fixture list in The Telegraph and they look to be mostly listed in order by pool.

We're in Pool 1 so both Pool 1 games on Friday, ending with both Pool 6 games on Sunday. The only one not in pool sequence on Saturday I think is the Toulon game.
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

With Castres losing today, the chance of a primetime Sat spot is slim, I would say.

My guess would be the early Saturday spot.